Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing grease stains from car seats?

ok so i bought a set of second hand SS sports seats (cloth) to replace my crappy seats in my exec commodore. the seats were a bargain and the stain didnt bother me because "how hard can it be?" type moment and well 3 days and numerous cans of upholstery cleaner and stain removers the stain still remains. any pointers on how to remove them?

three words my friend
    RUG DOCTER 3000

Comment

lol i would except i dont have that much spare cash so was hoping for some weird mixture made of random ingredients that are cheap and easily obtainable

Comment

Try making a paste from washing machine powder and use a fingernail scrubber to work it in then wet it and keep scrubbing then get a damp cloth and wipe all the soap off/out. Try this OR i used some blue oxy action prewash stain remover from the washing powder section from woolies worked awesome ontop of this i used polyglaze upholstery cleaner. It got BIG grease stains out of my seats because me being the dumbass that i am, jumped in my car with greasy hands and leant on the seat.. Also used scrubber at this stage.

Comment

i use straight dishwashing liquid and then wash it out with hot water and if that fails xD gumption and sugar soap

Comment

Originally posted by kingtube69 View Post
            Try making a paste from washing machine powder and use a fingernail scrubber to work it in then wet it and keep scrubbing then get a damp cloth and wipe all the soap off/out. Try this OR i used some blue oxy action prewash stain remover from the washing powder section from woolies worked awesome ontop of this i used polyglaze upholstery cleaner. It got BIG grease stains out of my seats because me being the dumbass that i am, jumped in my car with greasy hands and leant on the seat.. Also used scrubber at this stage.
            I've actually used washing powder on my hands before. Your skin feels a little weird after (soapy and very dry) but it works pretty well if you've nothing else.

Comment

wow thanks kingtube69 the second method actually worked! 90% of the stain is gone theres still a bit remaining but ill attack that again later. thanks again for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
              X