Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driver's Qualification Test - NSW

Default Driver's Qualification Test - NSW

Hey guys!

I have my DQT tomorrow. Any tips, hints?

Ive been practising and reading the sample questions.

I passed my L's, P's, P2 tests with full marks first go, in the past. So Im hoping I can do the same tomorrow.

Can you make any mistakes in the test?
    Last edited by Musty; 19-01-2011 at 06:02 AM.
    My Lancer will one day become an Evo.

Banned

Well.... I'm not sure if there is much of a difference over here compared to there..

But for one: drive in such a way that your examinator is "at ease" is all I can think of... be very aware of your surroundings, use the mirrors. But don't over-do it, just chill out, you should be fine. You don't HAVE to do the speedlimit, so you can ease off a lil if there is much information to digest (signs, other traffic etc) just go with the flow of the traffic.

Midnight Mechanic, Midday Moderator Faceplant's Avatar

this is just a computer test, for me it seemed like the P2 test except it had more questions about motor bikes, just stay calm be uber careful tap the screen at any sign of a danger and i mean any ... also be careful some cars in the video's will have the indicator on to turn but then they turn it off and go straight, or they dont have it on but they are going slow and then they put it on at the corner and turn, wait untill you are absolutely clear before turning. also motor bikes hide behind cars.

I second what Faceplant posted.

I did the test a little over a month ago, and it's basically you're L's plus P2 test put together. Read the handbook you can get online, as there are questions on statistics that you might not be able to answer otherwise.

Just keep calm and focus and you'll ace this one....
    Understeer: When you hit the wall with the front of your car.
    Oversteer: When you hit the wall with the back of your car.
    Horsepower: How fast you're going when you hit the wall.
    Torque: How far you take the wall with you.

The Rebuild Begins...

STUDY!!!!!! Do you know how many people i have heard of that passed everything first go EXCEPT their fulls? LOTS! It asks pointless questions that don't even really play apart in becoming a full licenced driver sich as statistics etc. Read the guide and you should be right. If you fail, not to worry you can actually re attempt the test right then and there! You just have to fork out what the RTA loves which is $$
    Spelling mistakes are most likely due to me typing on an iPad.
    MR CELICAS TOY!
    MrCelicas Family rides!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rake View Post
    MrCelica is all class. Listen to him.

im really scared now..

its in an hour!

wish me luck! i havent studied much

ARGHHH

Good luck mate, if you don't know the answers to the stats just put in the answer that hates on young men!
    Understeer: When you hit the wall with the front of your car.
    Oversteer: When you hit the wall with the back of your car.
    Horsepower: How fast you're going when you hit the wall.
    Torque: How far you take the wall with you.

The Rebuild Begins...

Quote Originally Posted by HeyCharger View Post
    Good luck mate, if you don't know the answers to the stats just put in the answer that hates on young men!
    hahahaha its funny because its true.

I'm too late to this thread but whatever

It's a bit like the L's and Green P's tests (DKT, HPT).

It's not hard. My only advice is the school classic: read the question. And the answers. They're not worded as easily as the Learners test. The questions and answers are a little harder, and often 2, even all 3 multiple choice answers could be right at a glance. So as long as you take a moment to digest what you see and not rush through it blindly, you'll be fine.
    "...And there will come a time where the sins
    of man become too great to be ignored."
    -- Revelations 99:13

I got it ! It was pretty easy. I was pretty confident about all the answers, except for one that asked about "sensation seeking" i was like "wtf is that?".

Yay what a relief. I can now legally do what ive been doing for 5 years! Now I can bag out P platers and how they cant drive for shit! I mean my driving skills improved dramatically since I got my fulls an hour ago! lol

Quote Originally Posted by HeyCharger View Post
    Hahaha thats exactly what I did for one of the questions. The choices were 'men aged 40 - 60' and 'men under 25'. I was like "its always our fault, so it has to be men under 25", and i guess it was correct! lol

Thanks for the feedback guys!

So, since I got my fulls, whos gonna let me drive their turbocharged car first? :P Moog? Can i take the S15 for a spin?