Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Whiteline QuadLock http://www.quadlockcase.com.au

My 4 cylinder sounds like a diesel truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrianJ
    Frangipani
    • Dec 2010

My 4 cylinder sounds like a diesel truck!

Is there any easy way of fixing this? what do you guys think i should do?
    On top of that sainsbury automotive told me that i'm gonna need a new gearbox soon because the current one is very close to shitting itself. Selling isn't really an option anymore either.
  • milkchicken
    All Honda NO turbo
    • Feb 2010

If your engine sounds like a diesel truck, there can be many things wrong with it, Is it running rough? and is there smoke coming out the exhaust, If you have smoke, check if its white, if it is you've done a head gasket. If its blue its rings, valve stems or valves (but this normally wont make it run rough of choof like a diesel) If not the spark plugs might be fouled up and need replacing, the leads can be done too as these will deteriorate with time.

On the gearbox side of things, You can either buy a 2nd hand one from a wrecker, or ebay. but you might also be able to buy a new gear set. Is it auto or manual? either option isn't going to be cheap however. Genuine will cost an arm and a leg, so if you can steer clear, depending on your car you might be able to find a cheaper after market option, but this still will set you back.
    Jay
    GTAusMotive

2008 Honda Civic Type R, Honda Accord Euro CL9
    1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

Comment

• BrianJ
      Frangipani
      • Dec 2010

It is running a bit rough, when i first start accelerating it starts accelerating for a second, stops accelerating then accelerates fine. There is smoke coming out of it and it's white so i'll get a new headgasket, I'll have a look at my local wrecker for a 2nd hand gearbox, it's an auto. Thanks for the help

Comment

• milkchicken
        All Honda NO turbo
        • Feb 2010

Your welcome man.. Maybe go talk to a auto tans place, they might be able to point you in the right direction on where to get a box or what options you have
        Jay
        GTAusMotive

2008 Honda Civic Type R, Honda Accord Euro CL9
        1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

Comment

• russianvolga
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

maybe you have diesel truck! HaHa!

Comment

• Fronti4x4
            Frangipani
            • Mar 2011

but diesel trucks sound awesome man! I love mine hahah!
            sigpic

Comment

• Ash2jz
              Frangipani
              • Apr 2011

Before jumping to the worst possible outcome, pull out your oil dipstick, if the oil looks 'milky' then you've most likely blown a gasket. But it could also be something as simple as a flooded/dead sparkplug. I'm just saying you should explore all possible outcomes.
              Cheers
              Ash

sigpic
              NSW SUPRA CLUB
              Events co-ordinator

www.supra.org.au
              VTEC: All of the lag, none of the turbo...

Comment

• Rake
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

Hmm .. exhaust leak perhaps?

Comment

• Ash2jz
                  Frangipani
                  • Apr 2011

due to the cold weather dont be fooled by water vapour looking like white smoke on start up.
                  Cheers
                  Ash

sigpic
                  NSW SUPRA CLUB
                  Events co-ordinator

www.supra.org.au
                  VTEC: All of the lag, none of the turbo...

Comment

• manyu
                    In a hurry
                    • May 2010

What rake said. A camry at work that I drove sounded like a complete shitbox, got the exhaust replaced and it was beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                    X