Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supercharging 1.0L 3-cylinder engine?... How?

Frangipani

Lightbulb Supercharging 1.0L 3-cylinder engine?... How?

I have a 2011 Suzuki alto and I've been trying to find out if I'm able to supercharge it.It is only 50kw at the moment and slows right down up hills. The engine specs are 50kw 1.0L 998cc 3-cylinder twin cam. I wouldn't know what surcharger to buy and I don't want to blow up my engine (understandably) either. Any suggestions would be great thanks*
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check out The-Mighty-Mira It will be a long slow process. I think you would be better at looking at an engine swap or just thrashing the crap outa it on the hills.
    '04 VZ Commodore Acclaim Wagon

Frangipani

Lightbulb Supercharging 1.0L 3-cylinder engine?... How?

I have a 2011 Suzuki alto and I've been trying to find out if I'm able to supercharge it.It is only 50kw at the moment and slows right down up hills. The engine specs are 50kw 1.0L 998cc 3-cylinder twin cam. I wouldn't know what surcharger to buy and I don't want to blow up my engine (understandably) either. Any suggestions would be great thanks*
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rochester, NY, USA Car: 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Eaton TVS R410 should be about the right size, not sure if it is out yet because their website says "not available at this time"
    For all I know they could have cancelled production altogether.

You would need an aftermarket intake manifold with integrated water to air inter-cooler to go with it.

Another easier option is a small centrifugal supercharger, but they don't deliver the mid range that a positive displacement supercharger would.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOOG View Post
    Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Default Re: Supercharging 1.0L 3-cylinder engine?... How?

Why did you make 2 threads for the same thing?

Whenever you are adding any kind of psi to your car you will need to look at upgrading your fuel delivery and also possibly upgrading your ecu

why would u buy a 50kw car...
    2002 Black Holden Commodore VX SERIES 2 S PACK

And remember any of that will instantly void your warrenty!
    supra, 335kw 2jzge, 8.5 second 1/8th mile
    500hp na-t build in the works

TURBO HIPSTER- was turbocharging N/A cars before it was cool

Legally supercharging a 2011 model car in Australia is 99.99 percent impossible (because emissions standards for them are mega strict). It'd be possible to bolt the supercharger on, find a new ECU for it, tune it and make it all run well... But it'd take a fair bit of work. With newer engines you also have a lot more sensors to deal with compared to older cars...

I'd say it's possible, but it wouldn't be worth it unless you really wanted to go through the learning experience. If you want to go fast with minimal effort, buying a faster car is always the best option.

EDIT: Wait, why is this in the audio section, and why is there an identical thread in tech talk? Could one of the mods merge these please?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wondering what happened to the Mighty Mira? Check out the (mostly completed) build Here

Next up: Project Vevo - The Van Evo
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think supercharging is a good option for your, since as you said it's power output is very low, a supercharger will have to use some of that power in order to make more power..
    A turbo setup wouldn't have this problem and small turbos that are suitable for your car are cheap and can be easily found. < That's only if you have ample room though, if not then disregard and go supercharger
    "My rexy brings all the girls to the yard, and they're like fully sick brah, damn right, it can beat any car, I can drive you, but I'll have to charge"

My daily

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...RX-Club-Spec-8

Frangipani

I made 2 of the same post because I accidentally put the first one in the wrong category. I bought the car because it was cheap, efficient and new. As you can see in the picture there isn't much space which is why I'm leaning towards super instead of turbo. I just need something small enough to fit in that won't blow my engine to pieces. I was thinking maybe even a bike supercharger...