Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to stop my raspy exhaust?

Calipers Painted +25kw

Red face How to stop my raspy exhaust?

Hey guys, in a bit of dilemma here...

About 2 weeks ago i replaced my hole filled stock exhaust for my 96 Toyota Camry, with a 2 1/4 catback sports exhaust. When i first got it i noticed between about 2400 and 3000 rpm it would be very raspy, as in sounds like a civic with a cannon on it. Is there any way besides dropping into the wreckers and ripping an exhaust off another Camry and bolting it back up so it's stock, to get rid of the raspy sound?

Any info would be appreciated.

NEW INFO:
    It's a V6 by the way.

Thanks
    Last edited by Enzoisamazing; 07-03-2011 at 12:12 AM.

i have the exact same car now the only way your gonna get rid of it is with a large resonator my new system has 2 resonators and it sounds mad really nice sounding now so go get a large resonator fitted and it will sound better then right now
    sean

Calipers Painted +25kw

How much do they cost? Are they easy to track down, or it just as simple as a quick word to the local Exhaust shop?

Thanks for the quick response.

Vtec 9000 Rpm Shift +100kw DC2R's Avatar

Drive below 2400 rev's.... Lol na... My best guess is to check it secured probly.. This vibrate at differ frequency and the rough noise is probly due to that.... Take it back to were u got it down!!
    Mighty Jdm Dc2R, 128.8kw Atw @ 1065kg - Running 13.875 @ 100.26 mph
    Youtube JDMTEGR
    http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...JDM-Conversion

Calipers Painted +25kw

Well i just had it serviced by the boys at work, and they went through it with a fine tooth comb as i requested, they said it sounded horrible, but there was nothing wrong with it. I think one of them suggested i install a resonator in it, but i dont know how much they are and such..

resonators are about 100 installed but try to get a large diamiter size one it will sound mad and will reduce drown aswell
    sean
    Last edited by sikwitit; 07-03-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Calipers Painted +25kw

How big is big? Does it go by inches like exhausts? or what?

it is inchs you get a 2 1/4 resonator but you get a quite long one which will change the tone of it and give it a deeper tone and will eliminate the raspyness my old system had a 2 1/4 inlet and16 inch lenght resonator.
    sean

Calipers Painted +25kw

Ahh i see, well ill have a chat to the guys at the exaust place next week, and see how much theyll charge me. So a 16" reso would pretty much eliminate the raspyness?

that would be the minimum i would go and you will notice straight away it will sound meaner and raspyness will be a thing of the past
    sean