Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P&O Cruise - What's it like?

+50kw

Default P&O Cruise - What's it like?

As the title hints, I'm heading off on a 11 day 'round trip' P&O cruise on the 28th (NZ south island departing Sydney)... I believe it's the newest vessel to the P&O fleet - Pacific Pearl? Anyhoo, I'm curious to hear about your cruise experiences with P&O or stories of friends who have been.

What's it like?
    Are there usually single 'hotties' onboard?
    Do you generally meet people around your own age (I'm 23 - male)?
    What's the entertainment like?
    ...And most importantly, what's the price of alcoholic beverages - ie rum and coke, canadian club, johnnie walker, etc?

What was your most memorable experience?

**Separate trip::
    I'm heading to NZ on the 22nd also (for 4 days) with a trip I won from a Motherland energy drink competition... cool huh?! I'll definitely post videos of the experience in this thread once I get back and before I head out on the cruise - hopefully then I'll be able to read up on your replies and get a better idea of the voyage ahead.

If you're curious, the activities organised for me and a mate for the Motherland trip are:
    Remarkables, canyon and peaks of Queenstown helicopter flight.
    Giant swing and bunjy at Nevis Arc.. youtube it - I bet i'll shit myself >.<
    Kawarau River surfing (similar to rafting except on a body board instead)
    Extreme Paintball
    Half a day on 4x4 motorbikes.
    And a 'Massive' Explosives finale.

I went to Queenstown once before and loved it but I didn't hit the clubs or pubs last time... so, would anyone be able to recommend some places I should hit up when I'm there next week?

Thanks heaps guys, I'm looking forward to reading all the replies
    Last edited by Mudcake; 18-03-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Watch where you go for a piss when your on a island, mate went and he pissed at the wrong tree and he well may have pissed ppl off lol

Oh and Have fun lol
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCelica View Post
    This is true. But i'm the guy that gets into the brawls. You're more of a, drunk uncle..

Rising Son- Why does the five-o have steelys and alloys??
    Rake- Bling up front, burnouts down back! It's like the car equivilent of a mullet.

My mum goes on a 10 day cruise to New Zealand departing from Sydney, but she leaves on the 20th. So I don't think i'll be much help there. Goodluck with it anyway man!

+50kw

Haha thanks, I may just have to fill this thread myself after i get back - for anyone who is thinking of going on a cruise.

the wife and I went to new caledonia and vanuatu early last year on a p&o crusie best time of my life (spent $1100 on alchamahole in 10 days lol) allways something to do we were on the jewel. suprising the amount of single young people and the drinks were sooooo cheap plus if you make nice with one of the bar tenders you get bigger or stronger drinks then standered. the one we went on had a night club that was open every night to. didn't want to get off the boat when we got back to Aus. if you go to have fun and take a bit of $$$ (just so you dont spend the whole trip fretting about running out of money for drinks lol) you will have a blast

P.S duty free is the bomb got a 1.75ltr bottle of jim beam black for $28 and to cartons of rollies for $50 in vanuatu
    hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcake View Post
    As the title hints, I'm heading off on a 11 day 'round trip' P&O cruise on the 28th (NZ south island departing Sydney)... I believe it's the newest vessel to the P&O fleet - Pacific Pearl? Anyhoo, I'm curious to hear about your cruise experiences with P&O or stories of friends who have been.

What's it like?
    Are there usually single 'hotties' onboard?
    Do you generally meet people around your own age (I'm 23 - male)?
    What's the entertainment like?
    ...And most importantly, what's the price of alcoholic beverages - ie rum and coke, canadian club, johnnie walker, etc?

What was your most memorable experience?

**Separate trip::
    I'm heading to NZ on the 22nd also (for 4 days) with a trip I won from a Motherland energy drink competition... cool huh?! I'll definitely post videos of the experience in this thread once I get back and before I head out on the cruise - hopefully then I'll be able to read up on your replies and get a better idea of the voyage ahead.

If you're curious, the activities organised for me and a mate for the Motherland trip are:
    Remarkables, canyon and peaks of Queenstown helicopter flight.
    Giant swing and bunjy at Nevis Arc.. youtube it - I bet i'll shit myself >.<
    Kawarau River surfing (similar to rafting except on a body board instead)
    Extreme Paintball
    Half a day on 4x4 motorbikes.
    And a 'Massive' Explosives finale.

I went to Queenstown once before and loved it but I didn't hit the clubs or pubs last time... so, would anyone be able to recommend some places I should hit up when I'm there next week?

Thanks heaps guys, I'm looking forward to reading all the replies
    I recently have been on a P&O Cruise from Auckland, all around the pacific and back again

I probably chose the wrong time to go as there were tropical depressions and cyclones around. Usually you miss out on some stops because of that.

Plenty of hotties about! If you are on the Pacific Pearl there is a nightclub type thing on board almost every night. The top deck would be full of them as well as there is bars everywhere. Entertainment wise, plenty of movies on (they have a big screen outside on top deck), trivia, comedy, bingo, almost everything you could think of.

Alcohol prices- anything from $7 to $15 (7 being maybe a beer and 15 being something more stronger). I drank wayy too many cocktails but they were nice as. The soft drink cans are usually smaller than what you get in Australia and they are $5 a pop.

Pacific Pearl is actually a 30yr old boat so its not really new- just refitted to look new! They do have a gym which is awesome though.

Cheers

+50kw

Thanks for the info, I was sceptical thinking I'd get bored.. but after reading this it's beginning to sound like the next few weeks are going to turn out awesome.

Thanks heaps

+50kw

Oh, one more thing... how the hell do you get to the sydney international airport from the domestic airport?
    I've never been to sydney (I know, lame right?!), actually neither has my friend.. so if anyone has had to transfer between the two - is it confusing or pretty straight forward?

Bit of a nooby question but it would be nice to know so I'm not running around like a headless chook when I get there.

I haven't been to Sydney airport for yeeeeeeeears. I'd think it's the same airport, just different parts. Don't quote me on it though. :\

+50kw

Quote Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
    I haven't been to Sydney airport for yeeeeeeeears. I'd think it's the same airport, just different parts. Don't quote me on it though. :\
    Ok cool. By the way, your member pic is full of WIN!