Thread: Suzuki SX4 Blown motor

Frangipani

Default Suzuki SX4 Blown motor

Hey guys,

in need of some advice and direction, my dads 08' suzuki sx4 manual blew up on the weekend and were having dramas trying to find someone or somewhere we could get a replacementt engine. apparently theres 2 different model motors, the difference being one has an aluminium rocker cover and the other a plastic one, does anyone know what are best and cost effective choice would be?

I can't remember off the top of my head, it'll either be a 1.5 M15A, 1.6 M16A, or 1.8 M18A.

I can possibly put you in touch with some reputable workshops to source a replacement depending on where you are in Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePossum View Post
    Its always made me feel uneasy, like I'm about to get bent over a pool table and take an exhaust, in my exhaust.
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    make it low with some stance
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I miss him, now we can only comment on each others facebook statuses saying each other are gay
    Moist.

Frangipani

we live in western sydney mate, its a 2litre motor, dont know the specs though,

Wow, 2008 car and the engine blew? Why?

As JDM as Sauerkraut

1994 Audi 80 V5 Quattro
    1997 Audi A4 1.8
    1994 Mercedes-Benz C180
    1989 Mercedes-Benz 300CE
    1994 Mercedes-Benz C220
    1992 Mercedes-Benz 400SEL
    1994 Mercedes-Benz S420
    1997 BMW 525i
    1982 Mercedes-Benz 280E
    1995 Mercedes-Benz E320
    1991 Mercedes-Benz 300TE <-- New daily baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcmerc01 View Post
    Wow, 2008 car and the engine blew? Why?
    Probably ran out of oil.

It's becoming more common because manufacturers specify stupidly thin oil in order to quote better mileage. The result is that the car burns oil quickly and the oil needs to be topped up in between changes. Some new cars are so bad that they burn 1 Litre of oil every 2000km!

Frangipani

Angry Another 2008 Suzuki SX4 Blown motor - Beware of this car.

We too are the unlucky owners of this dodgy car. I read somewhere on another forum that there was a wrong rod bearing installed in manufacturing process. Apparently Someone from Suzuki stated this over the phone but I have not found anything official or at least no recall has been released as yet.

If you google rod bearing for Suzuki SX4 you will find many disgruntled customers who I am sure will not purchase from Suzuki again.

http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78

Imagine buying a brand new car to have the engine destroyed in just over 3 years. Running premium oil and always serviced. Very disappointing.

Sorry to hear another victim of a poor quality car. We also looking for a motor so keep us updated on how you go.