Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Whiteline QuadLock http://www.quadlockcase.com.au

MCM Car Reviews...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRTIIDA
    Big Poster +1000kw
    • May 2012

MCM Car Reviews...

It's an idea that came to me recently after watching that advertisement *cough* video on the Hyundai Veloster's Paint. Would it be possible for MCM to do reviews of new and maybe some used cars?

So many reviews are bias and seen like they are paid by the company the review is being written for, MCM could be different and move in a more real direction if unbiased, informative car reviews. Like when Moog reviewed his Forester in a MCM TV2 episode, he explained all the things he liked and disliked but was honest and truthful about it all. The only real problem I see happening is if a company like Lexus for example wants to pay them to do a good review, would MCM do that review not bias towards the car in question?

I would love to see things like the BRZ/86, Scirocco R and even things like the new Pulsar reviewed by the guys.

Thoughts on this?
    MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
    MCM Queensland Forum

• ZoRaN
    Frangipani
    • Nov 2012

That's actually an awesome idea, I would not mind that at all
    Most car reviews are too serious and like you said, biased. Would be great to see some fun reviews.
    Keep up the good work, we need more people like you
    sigpic
    Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier.

Comment

• MRTIIDA
      Big Poster +1000kw
      • May 2012

Originally posted by ZoRaN View Post
      That's actually an awesome idea, I would not mind that at all
      Most car reviews are too serious and like you said, biased. Would be great to see some fun reviews.
      Keep up the good work, we need more people like you
      Cheers mate!

It would be awesome to see it done I feel. Another reason why I said is in my spare time I review cars and write up about them. I now get then published in a little magazine up my way but I really just do it cause its my passion. Id love to get my reviews out somewhere else but online seems where i should be aiming at. I have considered maybe doing proper video reviews but I'm sure it would be much more entertaining for Marty and Moog to do some
      MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

• ZoRaN
        Frangipani
        • Nov 2012

Good job man. Well you gotta start somewhere, no harm from asking them to do a video with you
        But even if you don't you should get credit for this
        Good luck with your reviewing future
        sigpic
        Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier.

Comment

• TheJoeSwag
          Frangipani
          • Jan 2013

This sounds like a perfect idea, most car shows I watch do it, why can't MCM do it! It could also help them build up relationships with other dealerships which could help in future videos! There's just something about the way MOOG and Marty talk about stuff that just makes you laugh, but also informative too. I would love to see this happen!
          If you park your car and don't check it out as you walk away, then you bought the wrong car.

Comment

• AirStrike
            Frangipani
            • Jul 2012

Hard to get access to new cars to test.

Comment

• Holden Vx
              MCM Forum Addict
              • Mar 2012

i think this is a sweet idea hopefully the boys can do this :P
              2002 Black Holden Commodore VX SERIES 2 S PACK

Comment

• MRTIIDA
                Big Poster +1000kw
                • May 2012

Originally posted by AirStrike View Post
                Hard to get access to new cars to test.
                Its not difficult at all mate.
                MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

• phoenx
                  Frangipani
                  • Nov 2012

do you think that top gear's car reviews are biased?
                  we all know this forum is about koalas, kangaroos and eucalyptus leaves, not cars.

Comment

• AirStrike
                    Frangipani
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by MRTIIDA View Post
                    Its not difficult at all mate.
                    So you just walk into a dealer and go 'hey guys just going to take a car for the week so I can do a review for a target audience that can't afford a new car'.

Comment

• MRTIIDA
                      Big Poster +1000kw
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by phoenx View Post
                      do you think that top gear's car reviews are biased?
                      To a point but not really as much as many other programs. There are only a few real unbias reviewers really, Chris Harris (Drive Network) and Bob from The Next Gear (Most of you guys probably haven't herd of him.
                      MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

• MRTIIDA
                        Big Poster +1000kw
                        • May 2012

So you just walk into a dealer and go 'hey guys just going to take a car for the week so I can do a review for a target audience that can't afford a new car'.
                        You obviously don't know how it works. They could contact a dealer they know or contact head office for car marques in Australia. They have press cars for editorials etc. And saying that doing a review for a target audience that can't afford a new car is very wrong indeed. I'd say a decent percentage of the audience can afford a new car. The thing is they could do a review for the new Pulsar one week, then a GTI the next etc. Plus if they have dealer connections maybe used reviews.
                        MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

• AirStrike
                          Frangipani
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by MRTIIDA View Post
                          You obviously don't know how it works. They could contact a dealer they know or contact head office for car marques in Australia. They have press cars for editorials etc. And saying that doing a review for a target audience that can't afford a new car is very wrong indeed. I'd say a decent percentage of the audience can afford a new car. The thing is they could do a review for the new Pulsar one week, then a GTI the next etc. Plus if they have dealer connections maybe used reviews.
                          I understand that, but a manufacturer will want to know what they are getting out of the deal, hence the problems of bias in reviews.
                          The procedure you listed would work for a know journalist, nothing against the boys, but a web based show not known for auto reviews isn't putting the ticks in the right boxes.
                          As for target audience, for every 'looking for a new car' thread there are 50 'I only have $100 to spend, what mods'.
                          I would rather the boys did reviews for the second hand market for the sort of cars most people here would be looking at. Even get hold of a standard car and a modified one showing what can be done. There are thousands of new car reviewers out there, stand out from the crowd.

Comment

• RBKIWIDET
                            Frangipani
                            • Dec 2012

I understand that, but a manufacturer will want to know what they are getting out of the deal, hence the problems of bias in reviews.
                            The procedure you listed would work for a know journalist, nothing against the boys, but a web based show not known for auto reviews isn't putting the ticks in the right boxes.
                            As for target audience, for every 'looking for a new car' thread there are 50 'I only have $100 to spend, what mods'.
                            I would rather the boys did reviews for the second hand market for the sort of cars most people here would be looking at. Even get hold of a standard car and a modified one showing what can be done. There are thousands of new car reviewers out there, stand out from the crowd.
                            Agreed, I just don't see it happening aye.
                            2009 Hyosung GT250R - SOLD
                            Volkswagen Golf Gti Mk4 20v Turbo

Comment

Working...
                            X