Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Whiteline QuadLock http://www.quadlockcase.com.au

How do I obtain a driver's Licence after disqualification period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudcake
    Frangipani
    • Feb 2011

How do I obtain a driver's Licence after disqualification period?

Hey guys I'm hoping I can get some help with this as, well, it's been a long time since I've had to go to the Transport Dept. regarding a drivers licence, so if you have any info that can help me or know of a website I can visit esplaining the proceedures that would be fantastic.

I'll just give a quick rundown on what's happened just so you know exactly what kind of info I'm after..
    Last year I was disqualified by the court from driving (charged twice with unlicenced driving) for 12 months. That disqualification period ends in about 6 weeks (starting to get excited... FREEDOM!) except I'm not exactly sure on what I will have to do to obtain a QLD drivers licence again. That's where you guys come in, any ideas?

I remember reading something a while ago saying that I will have to sit the 'Hazard Perception Test' then once I've passed that I'll be placed on the green P's for a year before going onto my opens.. which really isn't a problem for me.. but is that how it works?

Also, any idea of the costs involved in the process?

It would be awesome if anyone can help me out... Thanks a million!
  • Sparkington
    Frangipani
    • Mar 2011

Ring the Transport department they might be able to help you out
    1992 Mitsubishi magna

It not what you drive, it how you drive it

sigpic

Comment

• Rosey
      ain't no frangipani
      • May 2010

It depends, really. I've heard of some people before going back to their L's and having to do all 120 hours again (NSW) and going through their P's, and some stories like yours above. I'd say just go into the RTA (or whatever the QLD Motor Registry is) and ask them what is involved. They'll most likely give you a new licence form for you to fill out then tell you to come back in the 6 weeks or however long it is, and tell you what you'll need to do. I'd guess its either the red's test again, or the HPT. Oh, and did you lose your full licence or were you on P's? If you were on P's you MIGHT have to go to L's, i'm not 100% on that. Any way you look at it, its better to just go in and ask the staff there.

Comment

• Mudcake
        Frangipani
        • Feb 2011

Yeah cheers, I'll give them a call on monday (pretty sure the bludgers still close on weekends).

Over the last few years the history goes..
        I was on my opens then got done for drink driving (stupid mistake).. Lost it for 12 months..
        Then after that period was up I was put on my Ps for a year but ended up getting done for speeding was immediately suspended for 6 months cos of that...
        Then while I was on that 6 month suspension is when I was done for the 2 unlicenced driving offences in the middle of last year.

It's a lot to get your head around I know.. and in that time I've lost so much so I can definitely say I've learnt my lesson, there's no argument there..

So anyway there's my dilema. I'm just praying that I won't have to start from scratch.. That would be the absolute worst thing to hear. I might as well put a gun to my head if that happened.

I'll definitely call the transport dept. on monday and find out what the go is.

Comment

• MrCelica
          MCM Gold Member
          • Nov 2010

The only people who can give you an accurate answer are the licencing authorites of your state.
          Spelling mistakes are most likely due to me typing on an iPad.
          MR CELICAS TOY!
          MrCelicas Family rides!
          Originally posted by Rake
          MrCelica is all class. Listen to him.

Comment

• Mudcake
            Frangipani
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MrCelica View Post
            The only people who can give you an accurate answer are the licencing authorites of your state.
            Mm this is true. Cheers.

Comment

• Rosey
              ain't no frangipani
              • May 2010

The RTA here open for a little while on Saturdays. I got my L's at 8:30am on a Saturday morning. :P

Comment

• angus
                hahahahahaha
                • Dec 2010

i have previously had my license disqualified and it sucks! it was only for 4 months although it was reduced down from a year that time so i am lucky, when you license is disqualified you have to completely restart where you started from. for example

if you were on your reds P's and about 2 months shy and you got your license disqualified you would have to start that year all over again

if you where on your greens and 2 months shy of your full license same story, now as well with getting your license disqualified they give you this thing call 1 person limit which only stands valid for 1 year, where you can only have 1 person in your car all day and all night at all times, even if your on you greens you still cant,

that's what is sow bad about getting your license disqualified.

you have to go back to the RTA on the day your allowed your license back and get a new one but you don't sit another test unless you have not been driving for 3 years.

this is what i know from experiences hope it helps!
                Previous cars: N14 SSS, N15 SSS, Subaru Liberty RX

Car now: MY06 WRX

Comment

• morganluke
                  Frangipani
                  • Feb 2011

How licenced were you before you became unlicenced the first time? I imagine you would kick off from there again?

Your are in QLD though so doo you even have the HPT?

In NSW I'm pretty sure when you first lose your licence, they send you a letter to say what days you cannot drive for but once that period is over, you can just start driving again? This was a while ago and I've never lost mine so I could be way off
                  sigpic

Comment

• Rake
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010

Some years ago a friend of mine got done doing 263km/h. He was disqualified and received a, uh, $2,000 fine.

Once his 2 years was up, he went to the RTA (NSW), and filled out a licence application. He had to go on his L's. He did not have to complete a minimum 6/12 months or complete a logbook, he just had to re-sit the driving test.

He did the test a week later. Once he passed his test he was elegible to return directly to his full licence. Hooray!

I'd imagine a similar process - just re-apply and see what they give you. Best is to ring them up or go in and ask. These things might be on a case-by-case basis.

Comment

• Mudcake
                      Frangipani
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by angus View Post
                      i have previously had my license disqualified and it sucks! it was only for 4 months although it was reduced down from a year that time so i am lucky, when you license is disqualified you have to completely restart where you started from. for example

if you were on your reds P's and about 2 months shy and you got your license disqualified you would have to start that year all over again

if you where on your greens and 2 months shy of your full license same story, now as well with getting your license disqualified they give you this thing call 1 person limit which only stands valid for 1 year, where you can only have 1 person in your car all day and all night at all times, even if your on you greens you still cant,

that's what is sow bad about getting your license disqualified.

you have to go back to the RTA on the day your allowed your license back and get a new one but you don't sit another test unless you have not been driving for 3 years.

this is what i know from experiences hope it helps!
                      Thanks, yeah that does help a lot.

Originally posted by morganluke View Post
                      How licenced were you before you became unlicenced the first time? I imagine you would kick off from there again?
                      The first one (DUI) I was on my Opens. Then ever since that I was told I had to do 1year on my P's before I get to Opens again. It's just a little confused this time because I have to go and physically get a new licence where-as in previous years since my old licence was still valid I'd just use that once the suspension period had ended.

Thanks heaps everyone, I called QT this morning and cleared it all up. Turns out I just have to do the hazzard perception test then I have my Ps for 12 months (1 person rule) - might also have the late night driving restriction applied too but they will determine that the day I get it back as my chosen profession requires me to drive at those times (shiftwork).

Comment

Working...
                      X