Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Whiteline QuadLock http://www.quadlockcase.com.au

fast but cheap v6 cars betwwen 5k to 15k ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psshhhht
    Hands Dirty +100kw
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Rachel View Post
    300zx are cheap as shit, 3L v6 twin turbo...ugly ugly ugly as sin though.
    Are you insane? 300zx looks awesome.

Comment

• Life
      Frangipani
      • Aug 2010

Kind of scares me when P-platers go out looking for "cheap, fast cars". It screams "STREET RACING".

How about focusing on something you're not going to kill yourself in?

A reliable V6 with ABS, TCL, and decent handling?
      Founder of ModifiedMitsubishi.com.au
      2000 Mitsubishi Magna TH Executive - Manual converted, Engine converted, VR-X loom retrofit
      2001 Mitsubishi Verada KJ Xi - Manual converted

Comment

• The Norwegian
        Frangipani
        • Oct 2011

if you got euro cars over there...

ford capri
        ford granada
        ford sierra xr4i
        opel omega
        fiat 130 cope
        thers nothing that a 100HP cant fix

Comment

• Rachel
          "Pretty Mint Steerer" not sure what that means but OK
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by psshhhht View Post
          Are you insane? 300zx looks awesome.

I'm not the biggest fan, i definitely like the old 300zx over the new ones

Comment

• F@BOY
            Banned
            • Oct 2011

Yeah, the older 300zx def. The newer one has so much pigfat on it (unneeded weight)

also, a good fast cheap v6 would be rachels soon to be VG30 Silvia.

Comment

• psshhhht
              Hands Dirty +100kw
              • May 2010

I still suggest J31 Nissan Maxima Ti/Ti-L or Honda Accord V6-L. Or, if you don't mind mind being a bit different and are willing to ignore all the haters, a Hyundai Sonata V6 (last generation before the new i45 replacement) is actually quite quick, ok handling, decent enough economy and tons of kit for the cash.

Comment

• Lethal300
                Satan's Chauffeur
                • Aug 2010

Except Z31's are utter shit no matter which way you look at them >.> also the Z32 is similar weight to supras and gtrs lighter than gtos. So it isnt that heavy. And beats the 32 gtr in alot of things stock V stock it was also faster and better looking than the heinous 350/70Z. Also VG VQ (VH VK V8's) etc swaps into silvias have been done alot of times so that is also a good doable swap if you have the experience and want a V.

@life People in NZ have no p plater laws so young people can have what they like. Its more often than not the people driving the "slow safe little cars" like civics and corollas crash over people with turbos and V8s because the people tend to respect that there car is fast or dangerous with nothing to prove. It maybe different in Aus/US not sure. I have been driving since i was 14 i started with a turbocharged 4AGZE in a AE92 coupe on private property and when i was 15 i bought myself a TT 300ZX not once have i crashed it. Though id much rather be in that if something went wrong over a so called safe 1 liter starlet with no ABS T/C LSD so on. People need to realize that fast cars can be dangerous but they can also be safer. Just think of subbys and evos where everything is done for you and has 4wd. Sure its faster than a similar age civic or small car but its also safer if someone lost traction in it due to supidity or road conditions they would morelikely save it in the evo or wrx over the civic. /end rant back on topic. Sorry
                So I'm having this dream I'm in a turbo Z and these guys are after me.
                But they cant catch me. So they get a car... but they cant catch me.
                So they get a plane just as their about to catch me twin...turbos...kick..in.

Comment

• Jagged
                  Frangipani
                  • Dec 2011

These might interest you. It is basically the japanese version of the Nissan 350Z, if I am not mistaken. It is pushing the budget a bit, but a bit of negotiation might see them in the price range you are looking for. These are fast and reliable.

Have a poke around, here is an example:

Also have a look at some nissan / car forums. I have seen them cheaper around the place.

best of luck with the search!
                  Last edited by Jagged; 05-12-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Rachel
                    "Pretty Mint Steerer" not sure what that means but OK
                    • Oct 2011

cheap? when they're in a maxima they're cheap! not in my silvia LOL

EDIT: VQ (newer version of a VG...get it right :P lol )

Originally posted by F@BOY View Post
                    Yeah, the older 300zx def. The newer one has so much pigfat on it (unneeded weight)

also, a good fast cheap v6 would be rachels soon to be VG30 Silvia.

Comment

• hasassinator
                      Calipers Painted +25kw
                      • Sep 2011

the RTA doesnt allow P Platers to drive v35s on our p's so yea same with the 350z and 370z and all porsche even though their N/A
                      heres a link to that page

Comment

• hasassinator
                        Calipers Painted +25kw
                        • Sep 2011

you can try a Nissan Pulsar SSS theyve got an sr20 but fwd
                        or you can try a Toyota MR2 SW20

Comment

• fuzzy2308
                          Green things

• May 2011

get a vl commodore
                          http://forums.mightycarmods.com/group.php?groupid=30

Comment

• Nemesis
                            Frangipani
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by fuzzy2308 View Post
                            get a vl commodore
                            And then set it on fire.

You could probably pick up a BA XR6 from a car auction or ex fleet for 15k.
                            My Ride - TF Altera LS/VRX/Verada/Ralliart 3.5 Manual Bitsa

Comment

• Jagged
                              Frangipani
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by hasassinator View Post
                              the RTA doesnt allow P Platers to drive v35s on our p's so yea same with the 350z and 370z and all porsche even though their N/A
                              heres a link to that page
                              http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...tions_dl1.html
                              Damn >=(. NSW rules really suck. ACT P Platers can drive anything. I drive a V8. Best of luck! - considered the non-turbo skylines?

Comment

• Nemesis
                                Frangipani
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Jagged View Post
                                Damn >=(. NSW rules really suck. ACT P Platers can drive anything. I drive a V8. Best of luck! - considered the non-turbo skylines?
                                They're disappointingly slow and you're paying for the name rather than anything of substance. Does it have to be a V6? The Pulsar SSS as mentioned earlier is a damn good drive.
                                My Ride - TF Altera LS/VRX/Verada/Ralliart 3.5 Manual Bitsa

Comment

Working...
                                X