Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hydrogen is maaaaddd!

Frangipani

Default Hydrogen is maaaaddd!

I'm going to make a hydrogen generator that goes into the intake. Anyone have any suggestions or comments respond.

Question. Why?

Calipers Painted +25kw

Quote Originally Posted by kingtube69 View Post
    Question. Why?
    whats the advantage ? never heard of hydrogen intake

Rochester, NY, USA Car: 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    I'm going to make a hydrogen generator that goes into the intake. Anyone have any suggestions or comments respond.
    The laws of thermodynamics say this won't work. No matter how much hydrogen you "generate" you will get less energy burning it than you took to make it so overall it will lower efficiency.

Overall from intake to alternator your engine will be ~10% efficient at converting fuel to the electricity needed to make hydrogen. And then burning it it is less than %30 efficient. So instead of letting the fuel go out at %30 efficient and drive the wheels you are making it <%3 efficient. That is a step backwards not forwards.
    Last edited by FortKid; 19-12-2011 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOOG View Post
    Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Quote Originally Posted by FortKid View Post
    The laws of thermodynamics say this won't work. No matter how much hydrogen you "generate" you will get less energy burning it than you took to make it so overall it will lower efficiency.

Overall from intake to alternator your engine will be ~10&#37; efficient at converting fuel to the electricity needed to make hydrogen. And then burning it it is less than %30 efficient. So instead of letting the fuel go out at %30 efficient and drive the wheels you are making it <%3 efficient. That is a step backwards not forwards.
    You've been engineer'ed . Also, hydrogen has a very high combustion energy output. You'd be lucky to be alive if a free stream of H exploded from the engine heat
    http://codegen.tumblr.com

My Honda Integra Type R

I smoked your V8 and you called me a cheater? You're just mad you can't catch a 2 litre.

Quote Originally Posted by milkchicken View Post
    Drive like everyone else out there is out to kill you

Frangipani

Applying electricity to thin plates in water with an electrolyte separates the oxygen and hydrogen. putting this into intake will create a much cleaner burn. Resulting in fewer emissions better fuel economy and more power. Think about a nuclear bomb, there is alot of energy in atoms, the hard part is figuring out how to harness it.

Frangipani

Quote Originally Posted by YTERBIL URABUS View Post
    whats the advantage ? never heard of hydrogen intake
    Applying electricity to thin plates in water with an electrolyte separates the oxygen and hydrogen. putting this into intake will create a much cleaner burn. Resulting in fewer emissions better fuel economy and more power. Think about a nuclear bomb, there is alot of energy in atoms, the hard part is figuring out how to harness it.

Frangipani

Quote Originally Posted by Banana_booster View Post
    You've been engineer'ed . Also, hydrogen has a very high combustion energy output. You'd be lucky to be alive if a free stream of H exploded from the engine heat
    I'm not making energy i'm just making it usable, which doesn't require much energy.

Rochester, NY, USA Car: 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

I believe this will explain it. Just so you know that is not how hydrogen power works. There is no nuclear reaction. There is no free lunch in physics.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOOG View Post
    Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Frangipani

I'm saying there is energy in all matter, including the hydrogen and oxygen in water.