Thread: Removing grease stains from car seats?

Frangipani

Default Removing grease stains from car seats?

ok so i bought a set of second hand SS sports seats (cloth) to replace my crappy seats in my exec commodore. the seats were a bargain and the stain didnt bother me because "how hard can it be?" type moment and well 3 days and numerous cans of upholstery cleaner and stain removers the stain still remains. any pointers on how to remove them?

DRINKING SOLO
    wtb: 50 lemons

three words my friend
    RUG DOCTER 3000

Frangipani

lol i would except i dont have that much spare cash so was hoping for some weird mixture made of random ingredients that are cheap and easily obtainable

Try making a paste from washing machine powder and use a fingernail scrubber to work it in then wet it and keep scrubbing then get a damp cloth and wipe all the soap off/out. Try this OR i used some blue oxy action prewash stain remover from the washing powder section from woolies worked awesome ontop of this i used polyglaze upholstery cleaner. It got BIG grease stains out of my seats because me being the dumbass that i am, jumped in my car with greasy hands and leant on the seat.. Also used scrubber at this stage.

It is dangerous, but to be, you have known sufficiently Sean's Avatar

i use straight dishwashing liquid and then wash it out with hot water and if that fails xD gumption and sugar soap

Quote Originally Posted by kingtube69 View Post
    Try making a paste from washing machine powder and use a fingernail scrubber to work it in then wet it and keep scrubbing then get a damp cloth and wipe all the soap off/out. Try this OR i used some blue oxy action prewash stain remover from the washing powder section from woolies worked awesome ontop of this i used polyglaze upholstery cleaner. It got BIG grease stains out of my seats because me being the dumbass that i am, jumped in my car with greasy hands and leant on the seat.. Also used scrubber at this stage.
    I've actually used washing powder on my hands before. Your skin feels a little weird after (soapy and very dry) but it works pretty well if you've nothing else.
    "...And there will come a time where the sins
    of man become too great to be ignored."
    -- Revelations 99:13

Frangipani

wow thanks kingtube69 the second method actually worked! 90% of the stain is gone theres still a bit remaining but ill attack that again later. thanks again for the suggestion.