Pushbikes on the road with cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 BMW 323i - 5speed

many other cars bought-modded-sold, with varying degrees of regret.

Comment

• I know it may be illegal to use the path. But who's going to fine you? A cop would have to be having a pretty shit day to fine you for riding a bike on a path.

My opinion? If it's a seldom-used road, than that's acceptable. But if it's a main road, or if it's ****ing Indian Ocean Drive, like it seemed to be a few weeks ago when I was heading up north, then you are an inconsiderate fool.
      Originally posted by Meowmeow
      I sincerely hope whoever did this steps on a Lego.

sigpic

Join the Perth MCM Facebook pages for the latest meets and events in Perth:
      Perth Forum-Based MCM Group (Please read description before joining)
      Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

• Every time I have a good day out on the bike, or notice road users ring nice to cyclists how have every god damn right to be on the road I see this thread pop up again and it reminds me how self entitled and down right arrogant many road users actually are.

Sent from a potato.
        Originally posted by BIGZED
        Honestly. If I'm up for too much longer, iM going to try and solicit possum for sex, and that shits going to end badly.
        Originally posted by LikeABoss
        Possum is our dark saviour, he loves us all in his own way
        sigpic
        Sauce.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePossum View Post
          Every time I have a good day out on the bike, or notice road users ring nice to cyclists how have every god damn right to be on the road I see this thread pop up again and it reminds me how self entitled and down right arrogant many road users actually are.

Sent from a potato.
          That's because you hold us up for a whole 10 seconds on our whole journey time!

I'm not surprised drivers are mad.

What's it like cycling down south? We have miles of roads hardly any cars use up here mainly C and U/Z class roads.

Comment

• Most of my riding is city based so at times it's a bit of a cluster****, but I still get where I'm going faster than I would if I where driving. I do a lot of B roads too, which is nice but at times a bit scary.

Sent from a potato.
            Honestly. If I'm up for too much longer, iM going to try and solicit possum for sex, and that shits going to end badly.
            sigpic
            Sauce.

Comment

• It's annoying when drivers pass you in the town. w*nkers lol.

"must get in front" *stops at red light 50 yards ahead*

Simply dismount bicycle and walk past the lights and get back on. that really p*sses them off lol

Comment

• That's what I do if I'm in a hurry lol often I just slow roll up to the lights since I ride fixed almost exclusively so getting going again is irritating on hills.

I loath close passes and genuinely don't think motorists realise how dangerous it really is.

Sent from a potato.
                sigpic
                Sauce.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartinObviously View Post
                  That's because you hold us up for a whole 10 seconds on our whole journey time!

I'm not surprised drivers are mad.

What's it like cycling down south? We have miles of roads hardly any cars use up here mainly C and U/Z class roads.
                  Then why must cyclists use the roads that do get used then? There's nothing more frustrating then sitting behind a cyclist on a busy stretch of 70 k/mh or faster road and doing 20 km/h. And can I ask, and this is an honest question, not a go at anyone, but why don't cyclists use paths when available?
                  Originally posted by Meowmeow
                  I sincerely hope whoever did this steps on a Lego.

sigpic

Join the Perth MCM Facebook pages for the latest meets and events in Perth:
                  Perth Forum-Based MCM Group (Please read description before joining)
                  Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

• Originally posted by nashie View Post
                    Then why must cyclists use the roads that do get used then? There's nothing more frustrating then sitting behind a cyclist on a busy stretch of 70 k/mh or faster road and doing 20 km/h. And can I ask, and this is an honest question, not a go at anyone, but why don't cyclists use paths when available?

Foot path? Take a decent road bike for a ride a long a foot path and tell me how your ass is afterwards

I don't have a problem with sharing the roads with cyclists. I was one for over year a few years ago due to license suspension. I do however think that cyclist should be banned from some roads though. There is a very popular for cyclists road near my place which also happens to be an 80k zone, very narrow, very twisty and all completely blind corners. If you have two trucks passing each other around the apex of one of the corners and cyclist is there the cyclist will be killed. Its pure fluke that no one has been killed there yet. I had an oncoming cement truck lock up once when I was going up this particular hill because that exact situation happened. I was behind a truck that was passing a cyclist as the other truck came around one of the blind corners, luckily this happened on one of the only straights.
                    www.uplaters.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/EnFlaMEd

Comment

I covered it a page or so ago, bikes are legally classed as carriages and therefore should use the carriageway or "road". Many drivers rant and rave about cyclists breaking laws then turn round and tell us we should break one that benefits them and puts pedestrians at risk. Do people get as frustrated around horses on the road? Do people close pass horses at 40mph? No they don't because they realise how bloody dangerous it is, that it could spook the horse and end up with a damaged car and a dead jockey. It's ridiculous given that myself and every other cyclist I know move a fair sight faster than horse riders on the roads, averaging 30mph on flat stretches of road, we cop close passes in 30mph zones and abuse in higher speed limits when motorists commonly do the same damn speed.

As for the comment about blind corners, you should only drive for what you know and can see is clear, to come flying up to a blind corner and round it at a high clip is just piss poor driving IMO. I'm all for spirited driving but Just because you know a road doesn't mean you know what's round the next bend, what if its not a soft squishy cyclist that at worst be dents your bonnet and cracks your windscreen with their now mangled body? What if it where to be a tractor or some other form of heavy plant? Your likely to end up seriously injured so remember it goes both ways.

On a daily basis I'm held up more by other drivers who drive well below the speed limit and heavy plant and tractors which only do 30mph tops, and I live it a built up and reasonably busy town. It's like everything else in driving, you need maturity and most of all patience and common sense, next time you close pass a cyclist think about what may happen if the wind catches them at the same moment, huge them space and they would be fine, close pass them and YOU could kill them, not the weather conditions, not the cyclist but YOU, and your must get in front complex with a serious lack of patience.
                      A speed limit the limit, not a target. Remember that.

Sent from a potato.
                      sigpic
                      Sauce.

Comment

I ride. Cycle path yes, but a foot path is a foot path. Cycling on one is dangerous, I cycle at a decent pace, and there's no way I could stop for a car pulling out of a drive way, hence why it's illegal.

And to put things in perspective, it used to take me 10mins less, in good traffic to drive home in a 4wd turbo while occasionally speeding, from Canning Vale to Cott area than on my bike. Some days the car would take longer, so I can't really see that the bike is holding too many people up, and if you can't safely pass a bike on wide perth roads, then you need some spatial adjustments

So saying I don't much like driving behind a slow pelaton.

One thing I do find funny, is truck drivers get aggressive at me on my bike over stirling bridge. I've timed them crossing the bridge at 40secs, me on my bike at 45secs, and in my car at 25secs. They sit 1m behind me on my bike with airhorns on, but don't mind taking up both lanes when I'm behind them in the car. Patience is a virtue....

Comment

Working...
                        X