Toyota Tarago vs. Toyota Estima

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Tarago vs. Toyota Estima

I've been noticing an increasing amounts of Toyota Estimas on the road lately. But, honestly, they look the same as the Taragos that we get here bar the bodykit and spoilers. I don't know if anyone has one here, but can someone enlighten me on the difference between the two. My parents and myself love the look of the Estima [despite being a people mover] and am interested in the difference.

Toyota Tarago:

Toyota Estima:

Ones just moar pimped
    sigpic

Comment

the tarago was the australian version and the estima was the import. i have a 91 tarago and the only manual you can get to work on it is the estima manual for the overseas model. its all the same except for a few body mods.
      IT'S NOT THE SPEED THAT KILLS, IT'S THE SUDDEN STOP.

Comment

yep tarago was AUS market, Estima was Jap market. My mum has a turbo diesel Estima you can actually hear the tiny turbo spooling lol
        "My rexy brings all the girls to the yard, and they're like fully sick brah, damn right, it can beat any car, I can drive you, but I'll have to charge"

My daily

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...RX-Club-Spec-8

Comment

Poor old Australia (and a lot of the world) received the same base car as Japan did, but with a lot of the good stuff removed.

You should theoretically be able to unbolt anything from an Estima and bolt it straight up to an Aus-spec Tarago, since they share the same base chassis. The same can be done for a lot of Australian models that have Japanese cousins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Wondering what happened to the Mighty Mira? Check out the (mostly completed) build Here

Next up: Project Vevo - The Van Evo
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Why would you buy one of these though when there are nicer people movers around.

Honda Odessy:
            http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...rice:Min,Max~1

Nissan Elgrand:
            http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...5&sort=default

Those two are so much better
            MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
            Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
            Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
            Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
            Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
            MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Originally posted by MRTIIDA View Post
              Why would you buy one of these though when there are nicer people movers around.

Honda Odessy:

Nissan Elgrand:

The Nissan Elgrande is now a common sight near my area; just like the Nissan Cube; almost as common as a Camry. Doesn't help when you live near a lot of Asians [no racism intended; I'm one myself ] The Elgrande and a lot of other MPV's like the Toyota Alphard and Vellfire 350 are nice vehicles but I was just curious to know the differences between the Tarago and Estima.

Originally posted by Jenga View Post
              Poor old Australia (and a lot of the world) received the same base car as Japan did, but with a lot of the good stuff removed.

You should theoretically be able to unbolt anything from an Estima and bolt it straight up to an Aus-spec Tarago, since they share the same base chassis. The same can be done for a lot of Australian models that have Japanese cousins.
              'Tis a shame isn't it.

Comment

Honda Odessy:

Nissan Elgrand:

Totally agree! Had a choice between choosing a tarago or a odessy for a roadtrip to sydney, and after seeing both, the decision to go with the honda was just too easy. The interior just feels much bigger and luxurious! And the toyota just seemed, well, bland and boring.
                "Think of me as Yoda, only instead of being little and green, I wear suits and I'm awesome, I'm your bro, I'm Broda" - Barney Stinson

1995 Toyota Soarer JZZ31 NA
                1996 Toyota Supra Mark IV SZ NA (Current)

Comment

Originally posted by d33t33 View Post
                  The Nissan Elgrande is now a common sight near my area; just like the Nissan Cube; almost as common as a Camry. Doesn't help when you live near a lot of Asians [no racism intended; I'm one myself ] The Elgrande and a lot of other MPV's like the Toyota Alphard and Vellfire 350 are nice vehicles but I was just curious to know the differences between the Tarago and Estima.
                  I have noticed alot of imported people movers (ie Elgrand) around lately. I guess everyone wants something different and luxurious for a good price. Oddesy are one of the best people movers ive seen. The rest of the people after people movers buy Kia Carnivals or SUV's with 7 seats.
                  MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Originally posted by klv273 View Post
                    Totally agree! Had a choice between choosing a tarago or a odessy for a roadtrip to sydney, and after seeing both, the decision to go with the honda was just too easy. The interior just feels much bigger and luxurious! And the toyota just seemed, well, bland and boring.
                    If I had a family I would buy a Oddesy no question. Apparently they are pretty good to drive too.
                    MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Originally posted by klv273 View Post
                      If you were expecting soul and passion from a Toyota, then your looking in the wrong place. A Toyota [coming from a Toyota Supporter] is merely a piece of machinery that will get you from A to B reliably. You have to create that soul and passion yourself.

I have noticed alot of imported people movers (ie Elgrand) around lately. I guess everyone wants something different and luxurious for a good price. Oddesy are one of the best people movers ive seen. The rest of the people after people movers buy Kia Carnivals or SUV's with 7 seats.
                      The Odyssey is a nice car, real sleek - kinda underhanded on the engine side though same with the Estima/Tarago. Those Elgrande and Alphards came with V6 engines I think? If only Honda did a Type R Odyssey or stick a V6 into it.

Comment

The Odyssey is a nice car, real sleek - kinda underhanded on the engine side though same with the Estima/Tarago. Those Elgrande and Alphards came with V6 engines I think? If only Honda did a Type R Odyssey or stick a V6 into it.
                        Ive herd that there is a S2000 engine in a Oddesy somewhere in europe With a tune you could be running around the power figures of a Civic Type R. Now im on carsales looking up Oddesys....
                        MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Ive herd that there is a S2000 engine in a Oddesy somewhere in europe With a tune you could be running around the power figures of a Civic Type R. Now im on carsales looking up Oddesys....
                          F20C or F22C + Odyssey = WIN
                          I never expected that a bunch of people who are into modifying sports cars are now looking up People Movers. This is kind of like a mightycarmods but for older people. :P

Comment

F20C or F22C + Odyssey = WIN
                            I never expected that a bunch of people who are into modifying sports cars are now looking up People Movers. This is kind of like a mightycarmods but for older people. :P
                            Older people with many children As Jeremy Clarkson said about people movers, "Havent these people herd of birth control"
                            MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

If I had a family I would buy a Oddesy no question. Apparently they are pretty good to drive too.
                              Yeah, i thought it was pretty awesome to drive too! It did feel a little weird tho at the start because the windscreen felt really far away from me. Also, those left leg hand brakes are kinda weird! my friend almost stepped on it thinking it was the clutch. wouldnt be good to do a powerslide all of a sudden
                              "Think of me as Yoda, only instead of being little and green, I wear suits and I'm awesome, I'm your bro, I'm Broda" - Barney Stinson

1995 Toyota Soarer JZZ31 NA
                              1996 Toyota Supra Mark IV SZ NA (Current)

Comment

Working...
                              X