Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis discussion thread. Vol. 2.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The chassis rails are bent it's possibly a repairable write off, but I'm not getting it back and repairing it

Thanks dude, yeah I'm fine, shit happens,

I bought a shit daily on sunday to get to work swap all the good bits off my car with other S15 owners for cash

And I'll buy an S13 in January and get back out on the track

Comment

• It's good to know you're still looking ahead and not giving up.
      Will look forward to any future purchase of yours, be it an S13 or non-S-Chassis vehicle!

Comment

• Cheers dude. As I said shit happens, was my first time out on the track and I really enjoyed it so I can't give up now

As you know I was planning on getting an RX7, but I think a cheap s13 Silvia to work on for track use is more practical and alot more fun

Comment

• RX7's are beautiful. They seem to be the car that every JDM fan would own, if they had the money for fuel/constant servicing. Damn rotaries need a lot of upkeep.

Comment

• True they are expensive to run

I could afford it,

But Having a car I could use on the track would be more fun I only drive 20km a day to work and never use my car on the weekend so it's seems slightly pointless to pay for a loan for an RX7 that will barley be used

Comment

• Fuark, that's a bummer dude. Keen to see how your future S13 turns out though.
              Did you hit a barrier or something?

And here i was thinking the skidpan was the safe option.
              Originally posted by ADowbs
              He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
              sigpic
              My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
                Write-off's can literally be anything. An insurance company could look at a car with a broken headlight only, and classify it as a write-off if they want. :/
                Write-off = damage equalling 50% or more of the vehicle's agreed value, or damage extending over certain measurements. My Lancer wasn't a write-off with $8,000 damage, because it was worth 23.

Comment

• herd u like driftpipez
                  He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                  sigpic
                  My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                    Fuark, that's a bummer dude. Keen to see how your future S13 turns out though.
                    Did you hit a barrier or something?

And here i was thinking the skidpan was the safe option.
                    Yeah I hit the concrete wall

It's the safer option, but nothing is 100% safe otherwise you wouldn't have to wear a helmet

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                      Write-off = damage equalling 50% or more of the vehicle's agreed value, or damage extending over certain measurements. My Lancer wasn't a write-off with $8,000 damage, because it was worth 23.
                      It's a write off cause there's no insurance for use on the track and I can't afford to fix it

So the finance company sold it at pickles auctions

Comment

• How much do you want for the wreck
                        WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• It's at pickles auctions

Apparently $3500 engine and gear box are perfect

No damage at all

Comment

• I can't even imagine the feeling of having to write off an S15. Glad you're staying positive and thinking of the good times you were able to have that night before it happened. That's what it's all about man.
                            Currently: Black 1997 Nissan Maxima w/5spd - Hellastock minus the Mishimoto radiator
                            Next: 91-93 Nissan 240sx Fastback KA-T w/5spd
                            Nissan Pride

Comment

• reading about that 15 made me feel sick inside, nothing feels worse then wrecking your pride and joy out on the track, but racing is racing and it happens to the best of us, me personally wouldn't risk taking a 15 out for any reason just because of the value in the car iv seen to many casuals in my time, i skidded my 14 for 2 years straight when i lived in qld and even tho i never smacked it i still had plenty of close calls and gravel rash =/
                              sigpic

Comment

• Alright guys, lets move this onto thread number 3 before it gets locked!
                                http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ead-3&p=280196

Is this the first non social thread that's reached it's 3rd repost?
                                If so, well done lads. Well done.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X