Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't do proper sex because of my issue...

Comment

• Anyone know where i can find a SR20DET RB25DET 26DET ETC. for 1K if that price is even possible found a Ca18det with gearbox and loom and ineed both of those things... any help?

Comment

• SR20, CA18 and RB20 are all pretty easy to find for ~$1,000, more-so if you want a gearbox and accessories though. RB25's come up for that very rarely, then the box is like 1200 again. Try the facebook Drift Sales pages, NissanSilvia, SAU, eBay, Gumtree etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosey View Post
          SR20, CA18 and RB20 are all pretty easy to find for ~$1,000, more-so if you want a gearbox and accessories though. RB25's come up for that very rarely, then the box is like 1200 again. Try the facebook Drift Sales pages, NissanSilvia, SAU, eBay, Gumtree etc.
          Can find N/A engines just not turbo no turbo=no happy haha unless you are talking about turbo engines. looking to put one in a 180 s13 roller.

Comment

• Originally posted by godjiro View Post
            Just came to say I joined the "oh, shit" club. If I go on boost on 3-rd and 4-th and 5-th gear it cuts the power down and the car jitters not knowing if it should make power or cut it down. I just hope it's not the turbo...
            That doesn't sound like a bad turbo, that sounds like it's retarding the timing. Check the knock sensor. From what I've read, the CA knock sensor didn't like high-boost situations too much.
            1990 240SX HB SR20DET - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-240SX-SR20det - SOLD
            1995 Subaru WRX - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...995-Subaru-WRX
            sigpic

Comment

• I changed my plans from RB25DET to SR20DET and found 5 motors within a day in my price range, I'm sure you'll find something man. Still might go the 25 if I find one cheap enough..

EDIT: Also Godjiro, sounds stupid but make sure you have enough fuel too. Could just be a simple surging issue from fuel starvation under boost.

Comment

• Had half a tank of fuel. Half of which was sitting for ~2 months, so maybe . It just seems like a misfire when it happens. @ ZenkiSR - I'm running on stock boost, but I'll keep the knock sensor under consideration - thanks

I will buy new plugs and oil tomorrow and will investigate the current ones. If I see anything else but a white creamy layer on the plugs, I will probably kill myself...

Last year the turbo went on a bench and they tested for play or leaks, but said it was fine. That doesn't change the fact that it's 20 years old .
                Last edited by godjiro; 24-03-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by godjiro View Post
                  Had half a tank of fuel. Half of which was sitting for ~2 months, so maybe . It just seems like a misfire when it happens. @ ZenkiSR - I'm running on stock boost, but I'll keep the knock sensor under consideration - thanks

I will buy new plugs and oil tomorrow and will investigate the current ones. If I see anything else but a white creamy layer on the plugs, I will probably kill myself...

Last year the turbo went on a bench and they tested for play or leaks, but said it was fine. That doesn't change the fact that it's 20 years old .
                  2 months of sitting is enough time to lower the octane rating of the fuel, which could then cause enough knock to tell the sensor to retard timing.

Good luck.
                  1990 240SX HB SR20DET - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-240SX-SR20det - SOLD
                  1995 Subaru WRX - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...995-Subaru-WRX
                  sigpic

Comment

• You'll be drifting again soon old girl.. so very soon..

Comment

• I sure hope you paint the 180 a colour. That Primer look is yuck. :|

Is it all primed or is it actually painted?
                      $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                      $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Haha that's actually paint, Driftmob like that colour for some reason. Considering going red again one day, but $.

Comment

• Haha go something different mate but easy to fix hell even matte black it or panda black over white or just white. Just as long as some other guy has the same colour at the event.
                          WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Just grab some crap repco paint, it's a drift car.

Comment

• finally got the CA running and then.. the knocks.. THE KNOCKS MAN!

See more on Know Your Meme

Comment

• NOT THE KNOCKS!

Well mine can't be started yet... Still have yet to find out if my valves are bent or not...

Need a thread tap to screw into the crank.

Comment

Working...
                                X