Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nut View Post
    thinking about tomei 2.2 stroker, worked vet head if im lucky enough to find one at the right price. and then choosing what car to put it in, so much fun to be had.

i also need to get my r32 registered and then i can start working it how i want it to be and not how the pitboss wants it.
    Originally posted by INVSBL View Post
    SR22VET

deep pockets you must have

got an application for a motor like that?

or building just cause you can?
    chris i got someone for you to add in facebook ill pm you later, since your dead set on a vet / stroker he is about to build one himself he has loads of contacts for vet conversion parts... he will tell you the same as i am now, 2.2 stroker is a drag car vet build, he wanted to do the same but drift car setup ( basically an indestructible sr ) but since the power goals are low all the advice from some guys who have built them already is not to go a stroker, just have to decide what you want to use the motor and the power you want to make, i get the feeling however you want to build a vet because you can and want to learn more about them, and if that is the case i say defiantly go for it they need more experianced VET/NEO builders around...
    sigpic

Comment

• Grrrr...

iv had zero luck buying anything lately im gona go bullshit crazy, put a deposit on some 17x8 steel wheels, out of stock and refunded and told that the line is discontinued and no more will be available, now i won some PS13 248/46deg s13 sr Cams for $20 +$8.65 postage, paid it via paypal that shows up as pending in the payment status, meaning the seller doesnt have a paypal account, now the seller msgs me to find out when im going to pick them up, when the auction did not state pick up only, but did have a postage option, i checked the location out in Picton, i really cant be assed doing a 3+ hour round trip and blowing $20+ on petrol, i should have known it was to easy to grab a mint set of PS13 cams cheap and easy, I can already tell this will end badly as well, oh well i got a feeling they would have been chucked in a prepaid bag and banged around all over the joint anyways so I prolly shouldn't complain right?!
      sigpic

Comment

• http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sr20de-Hi...#ht_7083wt_906

Do want.
        Was talking to a guy last night, and he mentioned that that SR20DE might make 170kw's with a decent tune. Not sure if those figures are 100% correct, but blimey is it a nice engine.

Comment

• How do you preserve your S13 to withstand the test of time?

I start off with some crap pictures I took with my magnificent phone.

PIC082.jpgPIC083.jpgPIC084.jpg

Comment

• ^ snow/salt coming your way I guess? I don't think any of us do that since we don't really get snow for salt to be thrown on then kicked up under the car for everything to turn into rust. :P

If thats why you're covering it up lol
            Last edited by KillerBunnys122; 28-09-2012, 06:46 PM.
            $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
            $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Winters are crap here. And so are all of the seasons. Let's say that If I wash the car on the next morning there will be a thin layer of dust. Add morning moisture and you get an impression that the car was rolling in the mud... Main reason I cover the car. I wrap it like a present so that the wind does not blow off the cover. Happened probably 5 times already and when the cover is rolling in dirt it's a bit pointless to put it on the car.

A neighbor that has an classic SL uses one of these to get rid of the dust:

I prefer not to do this
              Anyways... I was just curious how you treat your car when you are not driving it.
              Last edited by godjiro; 28-09-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Mine sits in the driveway getting moldy... Lol
                $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• i use a dust mit and then interior wipes ill be cleaning the crap out of mine while its up on stands
                  WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Any ideas if galvanized panels? I'm one of the luckies that actually has a galvanized protection so the car is rust free all around (which is amazing, lol)

Comment

• my last s13 was full of rust i mean stupid amounts the floor was basicly falling apart (never buy a car at night lol) oh and rose spoke to mark today next time your home we'll go for a game of golf
                      WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Glad I didn't buy that one off you! lol and yeah no worries, next time will probably be for the matsuri, I dunno when I'll be up otherwise. Glad you two ladies are speaking again, I'd bring the missus but Joanna would hate her and she's probably half the age of yours. :P

Comment

• thanks kurtis, yeah i am interested in doing the vet option, the motor will more than likely be going into a skid car as my r32 is more suited to grip events. when i first came across this engine it was in a mates zenki shell, so along the lines someone has done a swap. it was a little smokey but went hard, got sold to another mate, he only ran it once and then sold it to me claiming it had a knock. i havent witnessed this knock but i am going to rebuild it regardless, thats why i was thinking of a stroker as it will be in bits, but if the 2.2l powerband is no good for skids then i may aswell just do a regular rebuild. i will more than likely be put it into a 180 or silvia, 1 because there sweet cars, 2 perfect weight distribution, 3 it would be easier then putting it into another make.
                          \__________________/
                          (O[]O)\_______/(O[]O)

aaaaaaaaa S K Y L I N E

Comment

• 2.2 would if anything make it better for drift, long as you can set it up with some cams that get its tourqe in the mid-high range you will be sweet, high end power is pointless coz you will be needing to change gears to much.

2.2 with a good size turbo, tdo6 or 30** sorta thing would be super responcive, long as you arnt chasing stupid power lol

i really wanna build a 2.2 det with some good cams and a responcive turbo, i want reliability over anything
                            sigpic
                            Build thread for below cars
                            I drift a Nissan 180SX Type X and a Seafoam S13
                            i am building an AE71 wagon aswell
                            I daily a Mazda 3MPS
                            woooo cars

Comment

• Originally posted by INVSBL View Post
                              2.2 would if anything make it better for drift, long as you can set it up with some cams that get its tourqe in the mid-high range you will be sweet, high end power is pointless coz you will be needing to change gears to much.

2.2 with a good size turbo, tdo6 or 30** sorta thing would be super responcive, long as you arnt chasing stupid power lol

i really wanna build a 2.2 det with some good cams and a responcive turbo, i want reliability over anything
                              yea but td06 / 30** can be made to move on a stock bottom end and next to no build at all, if you sleve an sr20 bottom end and do a regular forged build bearings, crank, rods, pistons with a head that's got the works you can still make 500+hp atw meaning more boost safely... 2.2 stroker running gt40 upwards chasing 600-800hp, the point im trying to make is if your only ever going to need is 350-450hp atw there is no point forking out all that extra money when it can be better spent else were, sure it would be nice to run a 2.2 stocker and a gt30** with the piece of mind that you will never break anything but built correctly your not gona brake your forged 2.0 rebuild either,

just my 2cents, sleved strocker, big head rebuild oversize valves yadda yadda, big big turbo, fuel setup yano were talking big boys money now
                              sigpic

Comment

• I hate people who are into drifting, but don't understand it. "It's all about power!" most of them will say.

Yeah, well, take this CA18DE S13 to the face.

Comment

Working...
                                X