Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been wanting to get a redtop for the past week, ever since going to the happy laps day. The NA just feels like it's missing something..
    And by something, i mean boost.
    But at $1600 for a complete package including engine, turbo, gearbox and ecu, I can't afford it :c

My gears also went sticky and second stopped working. I'm not sure if that's the result of the oil heating up or the gears themselves heating up. Either way, i'd like to another gearbox as im pretty sure mine is on it's way out.
    Originally posted by ADowbs
    He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
    sigpic
    My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Just save up and do the whole lot, Levan. You'll enjoy the car so much more.

Speaking of turbos.. Should have the drift boat home soon.

Comment

• Trust me, I'd love nothing more than to save up but when you earn $100 a week, it gets hard.
        Might just wait till I get a nursing job, hopefully next year.
        He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
        sigpic
        My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Wow, yeah that's shit then.. Time for a new job? Second job? I'm about to get rid of my 180 as it is to spend more on getting the boat ready.

Comment

• Only reason i'm not bothering with a new job is because i've only got another semester of this degree left so i'll just stick it out.
            sigpic

Comment

• Fair enough man, good luck with it all. This S/R Chassis meet still has to happen one day.. Once mines engineered and registered anyway.

Comment

• Hey guys
                Recently bought my first s-chassis (180) and need some help fixing it up
                Story is: exhaust gasket blew sending flames around the bay, ignitor broke, and some wiring sheathe got a little burned
                All genuine nissan parts were included with receipts

engine bay as is now:

this is what i got as a new ignitor:

so now i need to wire that in and re-connect turbo, oil and water lines, manifold etc

Would love some help and advice if you have any. Really want to do this right

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                  My gears also went sticky and second stopped working. I'm not sure if that's the result of the oil heating up or the gears themselves heating up. Either way, i'd like to another gearbox as im pretty sure mine is on it's way out.
                  Your gearbox is fuuuucked! Has been for like over a year so I think it's finally biting the dust. Also what oil did you chuck in it? Because anything over GL-4 will dissolve your syncros.
                  $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                  $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• wireing is gay but one f the guys should be able to sort it out
                    WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

Working...
                    X