Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really starting to get a thing for 240Z's. Considering buying one. Spoke to Villain earlier about it, told him I'd probably buy an S-chassis and then a 240Z as a project.

Om nom nom Z.

Comment

• Z cars are cool especially the older 240s, when i worked for coventry group i supplied alot of custom fixings to a customer who cut up a 240z and turned it into a replica Ferrari 250 GTO , when he told me what he was building as a joke I pretended to be shocked when he told me he cut up his Z, i belive he sold his GTO 2 years after completing the build for close to 200k ( im sure he almost spent that building it lol ) but awesome replica and amazing car builder
      sigpic

Comment

• Someone chopped up a Z? For shame. They're beautiful the way they are.

Honestly, I've never been the biggest fan of the 350Z's, or the 370Z's. I've loved 240Z's for a while now though.
        Would be nice if they weren't $10,000+ when in decent condition though.

Comment

• Interested to hear some feedback from my latest update.

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...l=1#post288140
          $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
          $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Passed my driving test guise ^.^
            I can now finally, FIIINALLLLY drive my car around.
            Originally posted by ADowbs
            He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
            sigpic
            My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
              Passed my driving test guise ^.^
              I can now finally, FIIINALLLLY drive my car around.
              Awwwwwwwww yeeeaaahhhhhh!!

Looks like you beat me haha, sure I got my P plates before you but no rego until Wednesday. :c

Comment

• Originally posted by evil80e View Post
                you cant drive around with highbeams on in residential areas =P tho's navara globes make for a quick and cheap upgrade if it starts to piss you off to much

talking about s13 head lights ill use my car as an example but i dont have any pictures of tripple projectors i had them in my silvia but photos are long lost, basically the same as the doubles but the square looking fog light on the inside is round just like the driving lights and highbeams ( usually yellow as well ),,,

Double projectors -->

Brick headlights ( came on the J-Series silvia or as we know it the taxi pack now there the most popular haha ) these have clear covers-->
                Thanks for clearing that up. Personally I like the projectors the best. The bricks look alright, but I've always had a thing for projectors. I even made my own projector headlights retrofitted for my last car, but ended realizing how out of place they were and took them back off. Sold em on ebay to a guy with a honda for about 1/4 the price I bought em for haha. They look very much at home on a silvia.

Btw, I like how your license plate and username are the same. Are custom plates expensive there?

EDIT: ^ Actually, it just hit me. Did you create your MCM name based on your plates instead of the other way around?
                Last edited by -David; 08-10-2012, 03:22 PM.
                Currently: Black 1997 Nissan Maxima w/5spd - Hellastock minus the Mishimoto radiator
                Next: 91-93 Nissan 240sx Fastback KA-T w/5spd
                Nissan Pride

Comment

• Awesome, so i get my license. I'm already to cruise around Brisbane in my S13 but first, i thought i'd fix the brakes.
                  I tried swapping them over to the turbo model rotors/calipers. In the process, the brake lines took in a lot of air. Turns out one of the calipers was seized anyway so today i spent all day changing them back to the stock rotors and calipers, and bleeding the lines over and over but the line is still spongy.

I want to drive my car, but would prefer it to have brakes.
                  He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                  sigpic
                  My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                    Awesome, so i get my license. I'm already to cruise around Brisbane in my S13 but first, i thought i'd fix the brakes.
                    I tried swapping them over to the turbo model rotors/calipers. In the process, the brake lines took in a lot of air. Turns out one of the calipers was seized anyway so today i spent all day changing them back to the stock rotors and calipers, and bleeding the lines over and over but the line is still spongy.

I want to drive my car, but would prefer it to have brakes.
                    Sigh, there's always something... Do you know how to properly bleed the brakes? Like start from the farthest away from the master cylinder then gradually get closer. Like LB>RB>LF>RF This is most important on non ABS cars.

Also don't use a 1 man bleeder, don't trust them things.

Sorry if you already knew all this, just thought I'd make sure!
                    Last edited by KillerBunnys122; 08-10-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, i've only tried bleeding the front brakes.
                      Early tomorrow, my dad and i are going to get to it. Bleed the whole system. Hopefully that'll get my car ready before uni and i can drive on down.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Villain: Try cutting a hole in a bottle cap and putting a small rubber hose through it into the bottle and on the other end put it over the bleed valve. When you pump the brakes the fluid will go into the bottle but when the pedal lifts off it wont suck air back in. Having two people will make things much easier too. I did this just a couple weeks ago on a friends new car and it worked great. We also did them all twice. LF, RF, LF, RF then LR, RR, LR, RR.

Hope you get it fixed soon
                        Currently: Black 1997 Nissan Maxima w/5spd - Hellastock minus the Mishimoto radiator
                        Nissan Pride

Comment

• Originally posted by -David View Post
                          Thanks for clearing that up. Personally I like the projectors the best. The bricks look alright, but I've always had a thing for projectors. I even made my own projector headlights retrofitted for my last car, but ended realizing how out of place they were and took them back off. Sold em on ebay to a guy with a honda for about 1/4 the price I bought em for haha. They look very much at home on a silvia.

Btw, I like how your license plate and username are the same. Are custom plates expensive there?

EDIT: ^ Actually, it just hit me. Did you create your MCM name based on your plates instead of the other way around?

Hey David,
                          My personalized plates cost me about $120? Per year to keep if you buy premium Plates were you can choose 6 letters and numbers in any combination the can cost $500+ per year to keep, and yes couldn't think of a username for mcm so I used my plates some ppl think they mean 'evil boy' lol but it's actually 'evil eighty' since its a 180sx sileighty :P
                          sigpic

Comment

• You've gotta bleed starting from the furthest from the master cylinder man!

I'm an apprentice, I'm trained in this. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by evil80e View Post
                              Hey David,
                              My personalized plates cost me about $120? Per year to keep if you buy premium Plates were you can choose 6 letters and numbers in any combination the can cost $500+ per year to keep, and yes couldn't think of a username for mcm so I used my plates some ppl think they mean 'evil boy' lol but it's actually 'evil eighty' since its a 180sx sileighty :P
                              That's not a bad price. Custom plates here vary a lot by state but I think on average they're about $100 a year. I've always liked custom plates but never really had a car I wanted to have them for so I take the cheap, random route. When I get an s-chassis I'll have to think of something creative. Have you ever been recognized by anyone on MCM while driving around?

And KB I believe you. I worked as a lube technician at a Subaru dealer for a while but never actually did brake bleeding. When changing fluid we just pumped out the tank and refilled it. Is there a specific reason for doing the back first?
                              Nissan Pride

Comment

• think its about $80 in nsw for fst 02j
                                WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

Working...
                                X