Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahhhhh
    spent what feels like a life time tinkering with brakes to no avail :'(

Goddamn it, i want my car to work. I'm almost tempted to fork out the money to take it to a mechanic.
    Originally posted by ADowbs
    He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
    sigpic
    My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
      ahhhhh
      spent what feels like a life time tinkering with brakes to no avail :'(

Goddamn it, i want my car to work. I'm almost tempted to fork out the money to take it to a mechanic.
      What are you doing wrong? Bleeding brakes isn't that difficult. are you 100% sure on how to do it?
      $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
      $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Yeah i know. It's a piss easy job and it's just not working.
        I've tried several different methods of brake bleeding including using one of those one-man bleeder hose things.
        I pump the brakes until nothing but brake fluid comes through, tighten it and repeat on all the calipers but the brakes are still spongy.
        He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
        sigpic
        My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• So I made a shirt...

PIC094.jpgPIC095.jpg

Comment

Yeah i know. It's a piss easy job and it's just not working.
            I've tried several different methods of brake bleeding including using one of those one-man bleeder hose things.
            I pump the brakes until nothing but brake fluid comes through, tighten it and repeat on all the calipers but the brakes are still spongy.
            Do you have the brake pedal pushed down and held down hard when you close, tighten the nipple?

Comment

• Originally posted by godjiro View Post
              So I made a shirt...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20242[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20243[/ATTACH]
              Haha, i love that first one! So true too.

Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
              Do you have the brake pedal pushed down and held down hard when you close, tighten the nipple?
              Yep. Maybe some air managed to make it's way high up in brake lines somewhere.
              Maybe the master cylinder is broken.
              Dunnowutdo.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah i know. It's a piss easy job and it's just not working.
                sounds like master cylinder or booster
                \__________________/
                (O[]O)\_______/(O[]O)

aaaaaaaaa S K Y L I N E

Comment

• I'll be replacing my booster and cylinder tomorrow with the one that came with the 180 halfcut.
                  That should hopefully *fingers crossed* fix it.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Good luck Mr Villain. Do skids to wear it in..

Comment

I'll be replacing my booster and cylinder tomorrow with the one that came with the 180 halfcut.
                      That should hopefully *fingers crossed* fix it.
                      Just make sure the master cylinder is in decent condition and the 180 was a CA18 right? I'm not sure about the turbo model but the N/A CA master cylinder has a shorter spring for the rear brakes and the N/A SR master cylinder has a bigger spring in that part. So I think the CA master cylinder uses the rear brakes more. Don't quote me on that but yeah they have differences. You might be able to swap them no problem though.

Oh and you'd want to make sure it's not leaking. Mine was

Annnnnnnnd since you'd be going from an NA master cylinder with NA brakes and sticking in a Turbo master cylinder thats suppose to be paired with bigger turbo brakes The pistons in the master cylinder could be different and all that and yeah...

Or you can just go ahead and swap them and see what kind of results you get and if it's good. It's good, you'll be happy and can go driving.

Comment

• That's odd that the booster would be messed up from changing the calipers . Good luck though. I hope that will end all of your brake problems. Just to be totally sure, did you recheck the brake lines where they connect to the calipers? It's possible one could have torn or may not be all the way on. My advice would be to follow the path of the lines all the way back just to be sure that's not the issue before changing anything else.

godjiro, nice shirt. Those are front and back pictures right? Looks good man.
                        Currently: Black 1997 Nissan Maxima w/5spd - Hellastock minus the Mishimoto radiator
                        Next: 91-93 Nissan 240sx Fastback KA-T w/5spd
                        Nissan Pride

Comment

• Clean sil80.
                          sigpic

Comment

• custom wide body front bar, guards, skirts, rear guards look like its all one piece, need bigger wheels hate people who go wide body and dont have the wheels to fill up the guards...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -David View Post

godjiro, nice shirt. Those are front and back pictures right? Looks good man.
                              Thank you. That is correct. Front and back for the shirt. I made a second one with this on it, but it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped.

Comment

• Needs moar clear covers on those headlights too.
                                That one piece look is pretty sick though. First time i've seen it.

Also, KB might be able to help me out here. My reverse gear wont engage at all.
                                Is it a clutch problem, selector problem or just an overall gearbox problem?
                                What are some things to check to diagnose the problem before i go out buying parts?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X