Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace turbo with something bigger and decent bahahahahaha
    WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• im guessing the banjo bolt is still fine and you threaded the block?

if so you done a nice number on that one, before you pull your hair out you will have to find someone with some thread taps, you will have to double check but that banjo should be metric 12mm x 1.25 ( metric fine for 12mm ) and run a 12x1.25 thread tap into the block to see if you can correct the cross thread and go back to the original banjo but that's a long shot to be honest lol, i cant remember what the pre drill size is for metric 12x1.75 but there is a slight chance you might be able to change that thread to that if you cant save it, if you cant do that either you will might have to go up a size banjo ( maybe 1/2 inch imperial fine but this will require a new oil line banjo etc ) being in the spot it is will be hard as well since everything including the drilling will need an old school hand crank and reduced size bit =P

I know it sounds like alot of work but really its not that much brain damage, if you cant get hold of anyone with thread tap and die set it might be worth taking it to someone with a bit of know how,
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by evil80e View Post
        im guessing the banjo bolt is still fine and you threaded the block?

if so you done a nice number on that one, before you pull your hair out you will have to find someone with some thread taps, you will have to double check but that banjo should be metric 12mm x 1.25 ( metric fine for 12mm ) and run a 12x1.25 thread tap into the block to see if you can correct the cross thread and go back to the original banjo but that's a long shot to be honest lol, i cant remember what the pre drill size is for metric 12x1.75 but there is a slight chance you might be able to change that thread to that if you cant save it, if you cant do that either you will might have to go up a size banjo ( maybe 1/2 inch imperial fine but this will require a new oil line banjo etc ) being in the spot it is will be hard as well since everything including the drilling will need an old school hand crank and reduced size bit =P

I know it sounds like alot of work but really its not that much brain damage, if you cant get hold of anyone with thread tap and die set it might be worth taking it to someone with a bit of know how,
        It really does sound like a lot of work D:
        My brother should take FSTs advice and just buy something bigger.
        I mean, he wants to get a t28 in the future. May as well do it now to save him having to fix that threaded block.
        Originally posted by ADowbs
        He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
        sigpic
        My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
          It really does sound like a lot of work D:
          My brother should take FSTs advice and just buy something bigger.
          I mean, he wants to get a t28 in the future. May as well do it now to save him having to fix that threaded block.
          doesn't make a difference still uses the same oil return, the oil is leaking from the motor side or the turbo side?
          sigpic

Comment

• yes but easier to work on the block with turbo setup off the motor hehe

the 25 is way to small of a turbo 28 bb is getting there i like some lag though so i would go a gt30 with the smallest rear housings
            WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

Comment

• agreed with FST02J but there is no point going GT30XX with a .64 rear, without all the supporting mods, alot of money for a turbo you wont use half of unless you fork out the other $6 grand needed to make some real boost =]

iv decided to start doing a bit more work on mine since ill have it for at least another year, just picked up some PS13 246/248 cams, just got to buy a walbro 255 and a fuel reg and ill throw it in and put it on the dyno, in the mean time all the boring stuff is getting done week after next, brake flush and fluids, front machine with some QFM A1RM's i just got, and all my GKTech arms going in then big alignment... also looking for a half decent 2nd hand clutch and some new wheels hopfully before xmas, just on that i should see around 185rwkw so i guess ill just be happy with that no point forking out the extra $1500-$2000 for injectors, z32 and computer for the sake of 35-45kw..
              sigpic

Comment

• So much want!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_856wt_1344

Would love to track it but they've done so much to try and get a roady it'd seem a waste.
                $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• ^true, but at least it's had a lot replaced for the price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1972-Niss...43757966202634

This is what caught my eye.
                  Currently: Black 1997 Nissan Maxima w/5spd - Hellastock minus the Mishimoto radiator
                  Next: 91-93 Nissan 240sx Fastback KA-T w/5spd
                  Nissan Pride

Comment

• Evl 180kw WTF that's alot if mods for not much gain
                    WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

Comment

• My Spec R S15

Originally posted by sti
                      Fortunately it is people like me that can afford such mistakes

Comment

• ^ Pretty sexy man! My S13 is all dirty because dirt roads + mud
                        $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                        $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Cheers . Our roads are pretty shit here, but I made sure I never drove over any gravel etc. We don't have a lot of dirt roads around here unless there's road works, which helps lol
                          Originally posted by sti

Comment

• \__________________/
                            (O[]O)\_______/(O[]O)

aaaaaaaaa S K Y L I N E

Comment

• Originally posted by nut View Post
                              Should show my brother that, it'd be a good inspiration. It looks so similar to his.
                              Minus the wheels, exhaust, sunroof, cleanliness and pretty much everything apart from the fact that it's a 180 and black.
                              Originally posted by ADowbs
                              He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                              sigpic
                              My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• What's in that?
                                Originally posted by sti

Comment

Working...
                                X