Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
    Silvia/180SX > S-chassis hybrids.

Although I do like the sil80's.
    Nek minnut USDM 240sx.
    Stock hybrids.

Eghhh.

I like them both when done properly but they're pretty hard to pull off.
    Originally posted by ADowbs
    He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
    sigpic
    My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Onevia's very rarely look good I think. Sileightys are fantastic though.

lol I wonder how much it would cost to import a 240sx >.< UDSM AS FUUUAAARRRKKKK
      $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
      $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
        Onevia's very rarely look good I think. Sileightys are fantastic though.

lol I wonder how much it would cost to import a 240sx >.< UDSM AS FUUUAAARRRKKKK
        $12,000 for the car + compliance, but would cost more like $20 - $30k (at a rough guess) after LHD conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
          $12,000 for the car + compliance, but would cost more like $20 - $30k (at a rough guess) after LHD conversion.
          LHD conversion? The point of a 240sx is that it be udsm as ****. lol

Completely no point getting a 240sx if you just want to convert it to RHD anyway. you can register LHD cars can't you?
          $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
          $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

Not any more, I'm pretty sure.
            A lot of the reason why American muscle cars are SO expensive here is that they have to go through a RHD conversion before they can be registered. The going rate is very steep, and the conversion takes a lot of time too.

Comment

12k for a 240 complied? It'd have to be immaculate. I'd love a proper American muscle car, if only they were more common...

Comment

Lhd wise boys can be put on club rego or in wa full rego and one other state but it's alluding my thoughts lol so no real issues if you plan on having as a weekender and stock. Our 1600 is going on race rego dads Porsche is going on club rego
                WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

But that then brings us to the source of this discussion.
                  Why would you import a USDM 240?
                  For ultimate hipster-status?
                  "Nice onevia bro. JDM as f*ck"
                  "Bro, it's not JDM. It's USDM. Bro."
                  He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                  sigpic
                  My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Buy an R32 instead to avoid that.

Comment

Until they see the crap 2.4 motor under the bonnet lol hahahaha

But I was coving more the classic angle not that early s13s are far off classic status
                      WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

I love when people call cars like Silvias 'jap crap' and say things like "American Muscle - Classic, not plastic"
                        It's like, nah mate. The original Silvia's probably older than the muscle you like.

Datsun 1600 ftw.

Even back then, the backseats were too small to fit human life.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                          12k for a 240 complied? It'd have to be immaculate.
                          At a guess.
                          I figured the cost of shipping, tax, compliance, and all that yada yada for a JDM import is around the $7k mark. I think I remember seeing someone mention 240's being around the $5k mark for a decent one.

As I said though, this is just a guess. There's no real numbers to go by as the USDM version of the S-chassis aren't worth importing.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...item3a79da8ae6

If only this was originally a factory "Onevia", then your problem would be solved. This guy here in the US already went to the trouble of making his 240sx, 180sx as F(shoshinsha)CK.
                            Currently: Black 1997 Nissan Maxima w/5spd - Hellastock minus the Mishimoto radiator
                            Next: 91-93 Nissan 240sx Fastback KA-T w/5spd
                            Nissan Pride

Comment

Originally posted by -David View Post
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...item3a79da8ae6

If only this was originally a factory "Onevia", then your problem would be solved. This guy here in the US already went to the trouble of making his 240sx, 180sx as F(shoshinsha)CK.
                              10 grand?!

Honestly, i wouldn't pay that much. Especially not in America where you can buy a lot for that price.

I have a problem.
                              Not really, but it's bugging me. When i start the car up for the first time in the day, it starts up but then the revs just fall and it dies. Second time, it starts up fine and idles around 1.5 before slowly dropping down to 1.
                              I'm pretty hopeless with engines and mechanics, so what could this be?
                              sigpic

Comment

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Originally posted by villain View Post
                                10 grand?!

Honestly, i wouldn't pay that much. Especially not in America where you can buy a lot for that price.

I have a problem.
                                Not really, but it's bugging me. When i start the car up for the first time in the day, it starts up but then the revs just fall and it dies. Second time, it starts up fine and idles around 1.5 before slowly dropping down to 1.
                                I'm pretty hopeless with engines and mechanics, so what could this be?
                                Could be the airflow sensor or whatever. Mind you though, I'm just repeating what I've heard others diagnose for this problem so. :/

Comment

Working...
                                X