Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely the flux capacitor.

Comment

heewww, always wanted a nice set of steel wheels on the sileighty, i didnt like O1G's steel wheel they had available a few months back they only had the circle type available in a 4x114.3 and i really wanted at least a 17 anyways, so anyways i managed to jump on a set of 17x8 +0s in the star pattern from grizzly imports check out this pic I boosted of there page lol,
      im pretty sure these are a 16x8 with a 205 40/45 - 16

should look alright ay
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by villain View Post
        10 grand?!

Honestly, i wouldn't pay that much. Especially not in America where you can buy a lot for that price.

I have a problem.
        Not really, but it's bugging me. When i start the car up for the first time in the day, it starts up but then the revs just fall and it dies. Second time, it starts up fine and idles around 1.5 before slowly dropping down to 1.
        I'm pretty hopeless with engines and mechanics, so what could this be?
        It's expensive for sure. Keep in mind though that SR swaps are costly in the US. Combine that with the RHD conversion and thats probably about how much the guy spent on the car. I seriously doubt he'll be able to sell it for that much though.

And about the starting problem, it sounds fuel related to me. I could definitely be wrong. It just sounds like maybe it starts up the first time using fuel still left in the lines from the last time it ran and then dies when the fuel from the tank doesn't get there in time to keep it running. Change the filter or pump lately? Just tossing an idea out there.
        Last edited by -David; 21-09-2012, 02:46 PM.
        Currently: Black 1997 Nissan Maxima w/5spd - Hellastock minus the Mishimoto radiator
        Next: 91-93 Nissan 240sx Fastback KA-T w/5spd
        Nissan Pride

Comment

Originally posted by -David View Post
          It's expensive for sure. Keep in mind though that SR swaps are costly in the US. Combine that with the RHD conversion and thats probably about how much the guy spent on the car. I seriously doubt he'll be able to sell it for that much though.

And about the starting problem, it sounds fuel related to me. I could be definitely be wrong. It just sounds like maybe it starts up the first time using fuel still left in the lines from the last time it ran and then dies when the fuel from the tank doesn't get there in time to keep it running. Change the filter or pump lately? Just tossing an idea out there.
          Ah, that makes more sense. He should at least finish the paintjob!

Hmmmm, sounds very plausable. I think the fuel pump might still be the 20 year old one that came from the factory. Time for an upgrade, by the sounds of things.
          Could do with a new filter too, can't remember the last time it's been changed so it's probably due.
          Originally posted by ADowbs
          He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
          sigpic
          My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Originally posted by villain View Post
            Ah, that makes more sense. He should at least finish the paintjob!

Hmmmm, sounds very plausable. I think the fuel pump might still be the 20 year old one that came from the factory. Time for an upgrade, by the sounds of things.
            Could do with a new filter too, can't remember the last time it's been changed so it's probably due.
            Yeah for sure. I've had my current car for just over a year and theres not a single filter or fluid that was there before I bought it. That's just me though. I really like to start fresh with cars. At least the filter would be a fairly cheap way to try to fix the problem.
            Currently: Black 1997 Nissan Maxima w/5spd - Hellastock minus the Mishimoto radiator
            Nissan Pride

Comment

Yeah, i was actually thinking about replacing the fuel pump before anyway.
              Wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'm going to get around to starting fresh with this car, too.
              It's had a few minor changes and top ups here and there when needed but i think it's about time i do a major service.
              He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
              sigpic
              My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

It's a good feeling after you do it. An added sense of security knowing it's all fresh. I wish I knew of a way to test the fuel pump. I know you can test if it's working or not by listening when you turn the key to the "on" position without starting it. Usually you can hear the subtle whirring as it pressurizes the line in anticipation of you starting the car. Maybe it could be delayed or sound like it's dying? You might try it. You might also need someone else to listen for it. I don't know how loud the stock pump is on S13s.
                Nissan Pride

Comment

Hmm, I wonder how different the ratings for the stock S13 SR fuel pump vs the S15 non turbo SR pump. Might be worth looking up to find out if the S13 pump is lacking in power.

Something tells me its not the fuel pump but thats just a feeling. I'd love to know what it turns out to be, I'll help trying to find out why it's doing what it's doing.
                  $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                  $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

just use a 32GTR fuel pump unless you are going for big power soon it will do what you need it to do
                    sigpic
                    Build thread for below cars
                    I drift a Nissan 180SX Type X and a Seafoam S13
                    i am building an AE71 wagon aswell
                    I daily a Mazda 3MPS
                    woooo cars

Comment

Night owls. 20 min drive from home to work, Liberty sat in the carpark for 4 hours, came back, turned it on, getting warm very quickly. Pulled off the radiator cap, plenty of coolant, felt the radiator, very warm after only a minute on idle. ****ed thermostat or needs new coolant?

Comment

Some piccies i took today. Photography is fun, i want to get better:

Last edited by villain; 22-09-2012, 12:52 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Rose Thermostat must be stuck closed
                          WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

Originally posted by FST.02J View Post
                            Rose Thermostat must be stuck closed
                            Cheers Stu. Its well overdue for a service anyway so that'll be done when I get time, if its still heating up like a mofo afterwards i'll replace the thermostat.

Comment

id change thermo when you change rad fluid, saves you loosing fluid when you remove the upper pipe, i would remove the thermo then flush the motor and then put a new thermo in, then all new fluid.
                              sigpic
                              Build thread for below cars
                              I drift a Nissan 180SX Type X and a Seafoam S13
                              i am building an AE71 wagon aswell
                              I daily a Mazda 3MPS
                              woooo cars

Comment

Rosey, thermostats now days very rarely get stuck closed, though it's very possible. If it sticks closed however, your engine will overheat as water/anitfreeze cant cycle through the radiator at all. Did it overheat, or just warm up to operating temp very fast? No offense Stu, not shooting down your idea, just saying that they can stick closed but are usually designed to fail open. Also, what is your mixture of water to antifreeze? Antifreeze takes years to break down enough to no longer raise the boiling point. And, very small chance, but it could be your radiator cap. The coolant line needs to be pressurized to further raise the boiling point of the water.

And villain, those look good. I like the first one a lot. You should definitely get into photography. You guys with s-chassis just have to go for a drive and you've got one of the best looking cars to take pictures of, wherever you want to park it.
                                Last edited by -David; 22-09-2012, 01:20 AM.
                                Nissan Pride

Comment

Working...
                                X