Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah but, 4 doors = more places to put blow-up sex dolls.
    I would definitely be keen on taking the DET out and chucking a 25DE in. Keep the 20DET since he's rebuilt it and all. By the time I get the costs for that, and towing (it's in S.A), it'll easily add up to about $7,500 - $8,000.

Comment

• Yeah, probably best to get something closer to home. Mine is only 2-3 hours away, 1 hour from where I used to live. You'll find something eventually man. Mine won't have an engine for a while, KB needs more manual, Villain needs a new box and a wiring fix, his brother's car needs rego, then you'll swoop in with something perfect.

EDIT: Crap, just realised that makes 3 180's for our drift "team" >_< And none of them look anything alike!
      Last edited by Rosey; 18-11-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Your shell had a bit of an... interesting rear quarter panel, yeah?
        Just stumbled across this if you're keen.

http://importmonster.com/view?url=ht...P%20S13%2050mm

Comment

• Ahem, my wiring's actually a lot better. I cleaned it all up while i was dismantling things.
          Now the idle control's playing up a bit. But it gets me around, so like i give a f/ck
          Originally posted by ADowbs
          He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
          sigpic
          My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Pure dorifto attitude.
            "My car has a lot of problems, but fuck it... it works at times. It's good to go."

Comment

• Cheers, should still have the rear over fenders included though.

180sx rolling shell for sale, Panals are complete, have front and rear bar and the rear over fenders and wide front guards. Has every suspension arm after market, r33 5 stud, s14 steering rack and rack end spacers, big front tubs, rb crossmember, full interior minus seats, wired for rb25 turn key and the tags are ready for rego.

Comment

• Ah, no shit.
                My mistake. I should probably learn to actually read some things rather than stare at the pics for a bit.

Comment

• Its all good Hopefully I can get it back to that stage or better eventually. Definitely need to fix the rear guards though, as Villain said they look a little rough underneath. So much potential, so little cash to buy things! Glad i'm working extra hours for the next month or two.

Comment

• Should be an exciting build Rosey. I'm looking forward to it a lot. It sounds like you got yourself a bit of a catch with that shell.
                    And yeah, if the majorty of my car works, which for me is like 2/5 of the car, it's good enough to drive as long as it's safe. However, if 4/5ths of the car works but it feels unsafe, i won't drive it.
                    He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                    sigpic
                    My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Yeah lucky dude.
                      I'm working until... the 16th I think, possibly a bit later. Should give me plenty of money for a good purchase over the Christmas break.

That's pretty odd, Villain.
                      How often has the Sil felt unsafe?

Comment

• I also need new tires. Mine are old and hard and dangerous in the wet! Did a fully hectic drift around a round about unintentionally today. Shit was scary

Also got some understeer around another round about, I think the tires were skipping across the road and vibrated the car, Did not sound good.
                        Last edited by KillerBunnys122; 18-11-2012, 09:35 PM.
                        $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                        $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Not too often, actually. I can't remember the last time it felt unsafe. It's beginning to now, though. The rear shock springs are squeaky as all hell and i dont like it when my car squeaks from places it shouldn't.
                          Need some coilovers.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
                            I also need new tires. Mine are old and hard and dangerous in the wet! Did a fully hectic drift around a round about unintentionally today. Shit was scary

Also got some understeer around another round about, I think the tires were skipping across the road and vibrated the car, Did not sound good.
                            LoL When I got new rear tyres for mine I reversed out of the driveway for a test drive then went to 1st gear and "REEEEIIIIIIIIGGGGH" tyres spun up, whoooops... unintentional.

Have unintentionally lost traction many times around town now... Although I havent driven in the rain since putting a rear swaybar in, id imagine it would probably be worse now.
                            http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ies-S13-Silvia

Comment

• Originally posted by Faynie View Post
                              LoL When I got new rear tyres for mine I reversed out of the driveway for a test drive then went to 1st gear and "REEEEIIIIIIIIGGGGH" tyres spun up, whoooops... unintentional.

Have unintentionally lost traction many times around town now... Although I havent driven in the rain since putting a rear swaybar in, id imagine it would probably be worse now.
                              Haha yay for unintentional wheel spin!

So you put in a rear sway bar too eh? Feel any noticeable difference? I hardly drove mine before I plopped in a rear sway bar so I couldn't really tell.
                              $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                              $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Picking the 180 up December 1st, if he doesn't sell it on me in the meantime. Pumped to finally have a project, and something to do with my boring, boring life.

Comment

Working...
                                X