Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pffffffffft

LS9>SR>ALL

sigpic
    Build thread for below cars
    I drift a Nissan 180SX Type X and a Seafoam S13
    i am building an AE71 wagon aswell
    I daily a Mazda 3MPS
    woooo cars

Comment

• The SR is good, but the sound of an RB? That's just straight up sexual.

Comment

• RBs dont make a nice noise to me, spesh on limiter.
        sigpic
        Build thread for below cars
        I drift a Nissan 180SX Type X and a Seafoam S13
        i am building an AE71 wagon aswell
        I daily a Mazda 3MPS
        woooo cars

Comment

• S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Originally posted by INVSBL View Post
          RBs dont make a nice noise to me, spesh on limiter.
          To each their own!
          The one SR20 that I've nearly drooled over for sound was Nakamura's S13, back in like... 2006 I think. He used to run a TD06, with the old school trust manifold. Sounded great.

Comment

• Seriously...
            $11,000? Wtf....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/green...rbo/1009533781

Comment

• Could get a GTR for that price. I'm sure its worth that with part costs in mind.. when they were brand new. Some people are just dreamers.

If the 180 owner gets back to me, we're picking it up a week early. Happy days.

Comment

• I'll probably get the R31 Pintara manual box this weekend.

Then all I need is Flywheel, clutch and spigot bearing. (Might get an ECU if I can be stuffed looking it up and one comes up cheap)
                $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                  Could get a GTR for that price. I'm sure its worth that with part costs in mind.. when they were brand new. Some people are just dreamers.

If the 180 owner gets back to me, we're picking it up a week early. Happy days.
                  Keen for the build thread.
                  But yeah, $11,000 for any non-GTR R32 is a bit much, unless it had a fully rebuilt engine or something. An N/A though? lol, you so crazy.

Edit:

That car inspires me. I would buy an S13 and build it just like that if I knew I wasn't going to get reamed by the po-po.
                  Last edited by MrSheep; 21-11-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
                    Keen for the build thread.
                    But yeah, $11,000 for any non-GTR R32 is a bit much, unless it had a fully rebuilt engine or something. An N/A though? lol, you so crazy.
                    What if fully worked RB25DE with like uber compression and er duperness?
                    $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                    $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• I'd probably pay $11,000 for it, just so I could slap on a turbocharger and be done with it.

Comment

• What's the point of working a DE just to slap a turbo on?

He got back to me, picking the car up Sunday. Hopefully he won't pillage it for parts before then since he just crashed his new S15!

Comment

• Aw **** yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                          Originally posted by ADowbs
                          He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                          sigpic
                          My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Here comes 4 days of anticipation and adrenaline.
                            Anyway, going to post some more motivation in here.

Comment

• Working at 6:30 tomorrow morning "until we're done", then 3pm Friday, then my godson's birthday on Saturday in Sydney, then driving back home for the car Saturday afternoon. Won't have much time to think about it, should be all good. Found out by "****ed my new S15" he meant he put the diff together wrong and it now won't move. Easy fix, and the shell doesn't even have a diff so its safe.

R32 ftw, 4 door.. Not so much

Comment

• That's good. Sounds like you'll get enough goodies with the 180SX to keep you occupied for a bit.

y u no lyk 4 doorz? :c
                                Honestly, I was a bit the same. I find that Skyline 4 doors are enjoyable, providing you don't go into it thinking of GTR's and such. The R32 is easily the best 4 door Skyline, IMO.

You just watch, Rosey ol' pal. I'm going to make you love R32 4 doors.

Comment

Working...
                                X