Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We've got clubs like tuffcore, and smashbox sliders.
    Really though, I don't see them hiring out tracks often at all. Hit and run did a private drift day at Eastern Creek.

    P.S: RB25 sounds so sick.
    My dilemma at this point is that every car I want doesn't 100% have what I'm after. For instance...

    I want a 180SX, but I want an RB engine.
    I want an R32 Skyline, but I don't want the attention with it.
    I want a C33 Laurel, but I don't want to wait months on end for parts from Japan.
    I want an AE86, but I don't want to spend $6,000 for a rust bucket.

    Listen to the purr!
    It's so beautiful.




    So my search for a car really revolves around what's available at this point.
    There's a good chance I'll go for a 180SX, build up some handling stuff, and then drop in an RB25DET once I'm off my P's.
    If I find a C33 Laurel though, I'd probably get that. RB goodness, nom sayin?

    Comment


    • Also, relevant video is relevant.

      Comment


      • 16 months man. Unless something goes horribly right and I find some cash, somewhere.

        Comment


        • Until you're off your P's? Lucky man. I'm some 35 months away or so.

          Comment


          • Well, yes. But also when I hope to have the car atleast somewhat ready. Motor and box definitely take priority over all else though.

            Comment


            • Yeah, I get what you mean.
              Have you considered taking the tubs off, maybe replacing them with some stock... whatever they're called, and grinding back the welds just so it passes RWC?

              Comment


              • Add me on facebook, i'll show you next week why that'll never happen lol

                Also, free engineers plate for RB30 into 180sx Might put it on the shed wall with the Liberty's rear bar.

                Comment


                • I don't think returning tubs to stock is a very good idea.
                  $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                  $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
                    I don't think returning tubs to stock is a very good idea.
                    This If I can get a standard engine bay pic along side mine, you'll see why it'll never pass unless I get a dodgy rwc and risk defects/fines/loss of licence. Going to chat with the boss about sponsorship eventually, maybe see if the centre will let us have the car inside as a display. Win-Win I'd say!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
                      P.S: RB25 sounds so sick.
                      I want a 180SX, but I want an RB engine.
                      i was going to build a 26 powered s14 kouki next but im also going to build a street setup prerunner as my daily that can double as my tow car and occasional sand basher since there are plenty of off roading places to hit up were ill be moving to in Louisiana, might have to settle for a 25 powered s13, and really for the power goals i have in mind a 25 will do just fine

                      this is one of my fav rb25s around this thing sounds like an animal <3


                      Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                      Add me on facebook, i'll show you next week why that'll never happen lol

                      Also, free engineers plate for RB30 into 180sx Might put it on the shed wall with the Liberty's rear bar.
                      you can get an rb30 engineered into a 180sx? i thought you could only increase cylinder capacity over factory to a maximum of 30 percent?
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by evil80e View Post
                        i was going to build a 26 powered s14 kouki next but im also going to build a street setup prerunner as my daily that can double as my tow car and occasional sand basher since there are plenty of off roading places to hit up were ill be moving to in Louisiana, might have to settle for a 25 powered s13, and really for the power goals i have in mind a 25 will do just fine

                        this is one of my fav rb25s around this thing sounds like an animal <3
                        Damn that sounds absolutely nuts.
                        RB25's for the win.
                        Well, any RB for the win. So much sex in the exhaust note.

                        Yeah, RB's are pretty good power-wise. RB26's are better, but for the price you can't go wrong with the 25DET.

                        Comment


                        • Apparently. :x It was registered, and engineered with the RB25/30 back in probably 2010 or earlier, so laws may have changed. Build a 25 and send me spare parts!

                          Comment


                          • if it was pre-plated with a 30 ur lucky but dont let it go outa rego they might review your mod plates =x
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
                              Damn that sounds absolutely nuts.
                              RB25's for the win.
                              Well, any RB for the win. So much sex in the exhaust note.

                              Yeah, RB's are pretty good power-wise. RB26's are better, but for the price you can't go wrong with the 25DET.
                              i rather spend the difference on stuff id have to buy for the conversion anyways, RB sump baffle, N1 oil pump, new water pump, thermostat silicone every where, front facing plenum q35 TB, 600cc+ injectors etc, only big bonus with the 26 is...... almost everything =P
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

                                Anyone willing to make some money on towing for me?

                                http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321028402500?redirect=mobile

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X