Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God I love New Zealand, I've only just turned 17 already got my full license and there are absolutely no restrictions on what car I can drive. Jeez... I cant imagine waiting 35 months to finally be able to do something big to your car
    "Speed never killed anyone. It's the sudden stop, that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

• Originally posted by IHeartS13 View Post
      God I love New Zealand, I've only just turned 17 already got my full license and there are absolutely no restrictions on what car I can drive. Jeez... I cant imagine waiting 35 months to finally be able to do something big to your car
      35 months sounds like a long time, hey?
      Then you get reminded that it's actually 48 months. I've just already done 12 and a bit months. :/

I really wish I was off my P's though. Could do an RB conversion to a 180SX without issue.

Comment

• Legnum tow car, 16 months to go..

Anyone done fibreglass repairs before? I watched a video on youtube and it seems so simple.. Might have to go in and grab some supplies to fix up my bodykit. Its going to look weird with bog spots all over it though.. Unless I paint it myself.

Comment

• My brother in law did a fair bit of fibreglassing. Not a repair job though. He made a housing from scratch for a couple of subs in his boot.
          From what I gathered, he had no difficulty with it despite having zero experience. I suppose it's just like anything though. Read up on it, watch some videos on it, and you should be okay.

Comment

• I don't know if this has been asked but are s13s good for daily driving? And Can anyone sit in the back of a s13. It doesn't look like there is room lol

Comment

• V12 240z

because why not.
              Originally posted by MOOG
              Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
              Originally posted by Jenga
              You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

• Originally posted by paintballkaos View Post
                I don't know if this has been asked but are s13s good for daily driving? And Can anyone sit in the back of a s13. It doesn't look like there is room lol
                Well I've been driving to work and back for quite some time now and to wherever I want to go (Yes daily driving) with no problems. I don't see anything wrong with using it daily.

As for shoving people in the back. Well I've had all 4 seats filled up before. It's not entirely comfortable but it is possible. Wouldn't want to do it too often or for very long trips though haha
                $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
                  Well I've been driving to work and back for quite some time now and to wherever I want to go (Yes daily driving) with no problems. I don't see anything wrong with using it daily.

As for shoving people in the back. Well I've had all 4 seats filled up before. It's not entirely comfortable but it is possible. Wouldn't want to do it too often or for very long trips though haha
                  oh cool. I wanna get a s13 but here in the states where I live all 240sx are overpriced or they are huge rustbuckets with 200k miles.

Comment

• Yeah, not the best for putting people in the back. Although mine only has a back seat, and no fronts.. Still not much room. Mileage won't matter too much if you want to do an engine swap, but if you keep the KA24 then yeah I'd make sure it runs well and there's no noticeable issues.

Comment

• racing Z

because racecar
                      Originally posted by MOOG
                      Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                      Originally posted by Jenga
                      You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

• The best sort of Z is a race-spec Z.
                        Was inspired to build a hill-climb 240/260Z a while ago. That fell through though.

Comment

• 240's are overpriced in the states? Mate if you think that I reckon you would have a heart attack if you glanced at the prices people want for their s13s here and Australia
                          "Speed never killed anyone. It's the sudden stop, that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

• Originally posted by paintballkaos View Post
                            I don't know if this has been asked but are s13s good for daily driving? And Can anyone sit in the back of a s13. It doesn't look like there is room lol
                            They make for great daily drivers. Mine's broken down a few times but every time it's been a result of some dodgy work or something human related. If you get a clean, factory S13. It will treat you well.
                            And yeah, as for milage, 20 year old cars will generally have a fair few miles on the odo. Just a part of life.

And i don't like acknowledging the existence of the back seats.
                            I've had 3 people, including myself, in the car and i'll tell ya, getting up steep hills in the wet was not easy.
                            Originally posted by IHeartS13 View Post
                            240's are overpriced in the states? Mate if you think that I reckon you would have a heart attack if you glanced at the prices people want for their s13s here and Australia
                            This. Non turbo S13s going for $10,000. Lolwut, nothx.
                            Originally posted by ADowbs
                            He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                            sigpic
                            My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                              Legnum tow car, 16 months to go..

Anyone done fibreglass repairs before? I watched a video on youtube and it seems so simple.. Might have to go in and grab some supplies to fix up my bodykit. Its going to look weird with bog spots all over it though.. Unless I paint it myself.
                              Saw it today fiber (went around the block ) looks good from what i can see you keeping the front lights like that you going 180 or sil80???? Fiberglass is easy enough to repair mate even if you
                              Buy the rip off repair kits from my work lol and just go Matt black or white and do it your self. Or I know this painter ...... 1yr later no paint.......

Just don't pay someone over 2k it's only a drift car he'll if I move by then I'll give it a crack lol
                              WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                                This. Non turbo S13s going for $10,000. Lolwut, nothx.
                                Strong this/wut.

Recently I've seen a CA18DE, manual, S13, advertised for....
                                Well, just look and lol.

http://classifieds.nissansilvia.com/...vert&t=2133029

Comment

Working...
                                X