Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
    I think it would look good. 240Z's look good with Watanabe's, and they look like a blockier version of those wheels so, I approve.
    Those are american racing 200s wheels. They are from the late 60's so about period correct for an early 70's 240z. And the 200 is the speed rating in mph.

One day I will have a 240z...one day
    Originally posted by MOOG
    Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
    Originally posted by Jenga
    You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

• Originally posted by FortKid View Post
      Those are american racing 200s wheels. They are from the late 60's so about period correct for an early 70's 240z. And the 200 is the speed rating in mph.

One day I will have a 240z...one day

Currently thinking of getting a Commodore.

Yeah, you heard right.
      Thinking of getting a Commodore, and then a turbo 180SX. I'd use the Commodore as a daily/tow car, while building up the 180SX. Would plan to do an RB25DET swap, seats, suspension, roll cage, and would keep it registered and have it engineered every time I put some major parts on it.

Few things though.

1) Would mean I don't have a daily I could enjoy to drive.
      2) Would mean I'd only be able to drive it a few times a year (considering tracks aren't open too often here).
      3) Would have to get mum to drive it, and insuring it may be an issue even if I don't choose to drive it because you know... P-plater and turbo and all.

Thoughts?
      Do I do something like this, or do I get a car to slowly build up/engineer, before dropping an RB25DET into it once I'm on my opens?
      Mind you, I have close to 3 years until I'm on my opens.

Comment

• Yes approve of the reshell I hate bent crap buuuuuut where are you find this clean s13 shell there's **** all clean s13s specially shells I've been eyeing off an auto sr20de s13 for a while now just waiting till I have room and excuse to run in and offer something they couldn't re***e

About the daily commodore thing when things are done right you shouldn't have an issue with the law yes some laws are dumb (exposed pods/ bov ect) but its not hard to make a legal car and most often it'll look better for it. Engineer the stock rb convirsion first then upgrade from there with the law side of things try to keep the turbo low mounted gtx30/35 with the .62 rear housing will fit 3" turbo back exhaust with a hf cat and a actual muffler on the back and then make everything black that's all it takes and don't ****ing cut the reo lol
        WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Oh and I had to drive my misses excel and commodore for a month to work and back for a month the dam things try to suck your soul in there that dull (specially the excel) this was while I was transplanting the red top in after doing a big end drifting/wakefield
          WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

Comment

• I don't mind spending the extra effort to make things legal/engineered.
            My only issue comes from the RB conversion. I want to do one in a 180SX/S13 SO bad, but I'm not legally allowed to drive one with it until I'm off my P's.

So my options are, build up a car (engineer it, keep it registered) that I can only use on the track, with a daily Commodore as a tow car.

or...

build up a similar car, with plenty of suspension/wheel/roll cage/interior modifications that are all engineered, but leave out the engine conversion for when I'm off my P's.

The advantages of the top one are unrestricted building, not being bothered as my daily would be low-key, and having that RB goodness.
            The advantages of the bottom one is that it'll cost less initially, and I can drive the car around legally on my P's.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSheep View Post

Currently thinking of getting a Commodore.

Yeah, you heard right.
              Thinking of getting a Commodore, and then a turbo 180SX. I'd use the Commodore as a daily/tow car, while building up the 180SX. Would plan to do an RB25DET swap, seats, suspension, roll cage, and would keep it registered and have it engineered every time I put some major parts on it.

Few things though.

1) Would mean I don't have a daily I could enjoy to drive.
              2) Would mean I'd only be able to drive it a few times a year (considering tracks aren't open too often here).
              3) Would have to get mum to drive it, and insuring it may be an issue even if I don't choose to drive it because you know... P-plater and turbo and all.

Thoughts?
              Do I do something like this, or do I get a car to slowly build up/engineer, before dropping an RB25DET into it once I'm on my opens?
              Mind you, I have close to 3 years until I'm on my opens.

I've towed a car with my Caprice before (W116, 450SEL). even a V6 commonwhore wont bat an eyelid at dragging a car, just make sure its got a transcooler if its autospastic, they enjoy boiling gearbox oil when draging heavy shit uphills
              Now drives a girl's car
              Originally posted by ThePossum
              Furious masturbation, the cure to all life's problems, passes time nicely too.
              Originally posted by Squirt
              And BIGZED, phwoar. He is 1 cheeky kunt m8. I could easy wrek him 1v1.
              Originally posted by LikeABoss
              Welcome to the bogan side, heres your complimentary can of VB, a kick to mouth to remove most of your teeth and a makita angle grinder for that extra low.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGZED View Post
                I've towed a car with my Caprice before (W116, 450SEL). even a V6 commonwhore wont bat an eyelid at dragging a car, just make sure its got a transcooler if its autospastic, they enjoy boiling gearbox oil when draging heavy shit uphills
                I'll keep it in mind. Thanks man.

Comment

• R31 wagon as tow car? It can also fit ALL THE TIRES! While still being AUDM bro!

(Though the one pictured above appears to be in Japan.)

Infact just track it.

$900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                  $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Villain: Approve of reshell.

Sheep: Buy daily/tow car and build something else slowly.

Stu: Facebook! I was at work and the panelbeater, leave me alone

Comment

• Have fun trying to engineer a cage bro just run a bolt in so you can pull it out when needed I'm having he same problem with my ta build
                      WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

Comment

• so much rb25 s13 talk in this thread atm you guys are awsome
                        hands down one of the most ballin s13's on the planet --->

let the haters hate yea...

actually wouldnt mind doing something simular but aero kitted with a roof spoiler in white, gutted with weld in cage then spray the interior goblin green, engine bay the same colour, then all the rb covers + plenum fluro yellow, fluro yellow 18" te37s, lol i already got J series bricks in clear covers and a nismo aero grill im half way there right?
                        Last edited by evil80e; 27-11-2012, 11:32 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• ^ that's what I'd love to go for (but without the herra frush) even that RB with the red rocker covers. Looks just like a CA, the cops won't know the difference haha
                          $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                          $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• May be able to get an R32 2 door, with RB25DE.

Will keep you guys updated.
                            Need to fall in love with the 2 doors again though.

Comment

• Since we're posting white S13's...Broadfield's car has always been an inspiration for me, and I really want him to do interior work for me once I start needing gauges (sorry about the size)

and to think the guy tore all that out and is now putting an LS3 in.
                              1990 240SX HB SR20DET - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-240SX-SR20det - SOLD
                              1995 Subaru WRX - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...995-Subaru-WRX
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ZenkiSR View Post
                                Since we're posting white S13's...Broadfield's car has always been an inspiration for me, and I really want him to do interior work for me once I start needing gauges (sorry about the size)

and to think the guy tore all that out and is now putting an LS3 in.
                                even among v8's LS3 is common.

At least go crazy a bit with something like an ls7.
                                Originally posted by MOOG
                                Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                                Originally posted by Jenga
                                You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Working...
                                X