Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent him a PM.
    See what happens, eh.

Edit: Cheers Rosey. I might have to take you up on it.
    He painted one of the centre-console pieces. I don't like my interior when it's mismatched (unless it's red door inserts, accompanied with red seats).
    Last edited by MrSheep; 01-12-2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZenkiSR View Post
      New engine days are great days. Can't wait for the thread man, anything planned beyond a basic rebuild?
      Well since I'm a 1st year apprentice mechanic I'm not going to do anything real hardcore. What I would like to do though is E85 and lots of boost! But we shall see, I'll post up a thread when I can be bothered haha
      $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
      $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• So I tried out some of that AFM cleaner spray stuff and cleaned out my PCV valve to hopefully get the CA running a bit better and use less fuel. Going mostly to work and back, short trips I got an average of 13L/100K's Thats quite a bit for a little non turbo 1.8L

So after the clean and a quick test drive to fill my tank back up to full and it does feel like the car is running smoother. I should have some results up when I next fill up my tank. I was going to also replace the oxygen sensor but I'll leave that until later. (Unless the AFM clean is all I needed)
        $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
        $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• That's horrible >.< Hopefully it'll improve now, I mean, it can't really get worse.

Finally got around to fibreglassing today. I was very under prepared, I definitely need a better mask and a clean up plan before hand. Got the majority of one of the skirts done, just as a test. Probably won't get anything else done until the weekend now, unless I do some bogging after work during the week.

Comment

• Double postin'

A photo from Seb, an ex-MCMer.

Comment

• I might be ordering a gtx30 for mark should make things fun for the 2013 championship
              WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Oh rose you know where to come to for pricing of performance parts

On another note I'll be going to Newcastle on Thursday for my army reserve interview

And the second note I'll be build a v8 supra for a guy in the new yeah at this stage will be a early s2 and will be running a 4L 1uz manual trans and LSD if I get my way I'll be also adding boost and a big brake kit. We shall see how we go sourcing the drivetrain at the moment and keeping an eye out for a supra with a dead motor/na

I've tried to explain for what he's doing it would be better to just run with a s1 but anyway his choice will work on it when not at work or army
                Last edited by FST.02J; 02-12-2012, 10:28 PM.
                WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

Comment

• All I need is a motor and box atm. I'll let you know when i'm ECU and turbo hunting. I'll raid Mark's shed for the diff, seat and other random parts once I start building.

Comment

• May as Well take the other seat that's sitting there just dont cut up my exhaust sitting over there lol
                    WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

Comment

• Hey guys , I dont get to spend much time near my silvia but just wondering as to what this is/does?

IMG_6320 by 4TUNE PHOTOGRAPHY, on Flickr
                      i have a ca18det auto , i believe it may be a switch for that?

Comment

• Correctamundo.
                        It holds gears longer in one of the modes.
                        Really, it does like nothing though. I just like the flick it onto the 'power' switch and pretend like i'm going into overdrive-lightening speeds, seeing as though i have a manual and it is completely useless.

Originally posted by ADowbs
                        He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                        sigpic
                        My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• it eats your power.

then it holds it.

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                            Correctamundo.
                            It holds gears longer in one of the modes.
                            Really, it does like nothing though. I just like the flick it onto the 'power' switch and pretend like i'm going into overdrive-lightening speeds, seeing as though i have a manual and it is completely useless.
                            Allrighty haha thanks had a feeling it had something to do with that

Comment

• alright, so i need info on subframe bushings for the s14. There are tons of companies that make solid rear bushings, my question is, are the cheaper ones cheap enough that i should steer away? Think ISIS, so forth.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                                alright, so i need info on subframe bushings for the s14. There are tons of companies that make solid rear bushings, my question is, are the cheaper ones cheap enough that i should steer away? Think ISIS, so forth.
                                as long as there machined up from 6061, t6 aluminium you should be right, whats the reason for solid sub frame bush conversion? just out of interest
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X