Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by evil80e View Post
    as long as there machined up from 6061, t6 aluminium you should be right, whats the reason for solid sub frame bush conversion? just out of interest
    The fact that he has like 5 V8 engines sitting in his garage should be a giveaway.
    Originally posted by MOOG
    Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
    Originally posted by Jenga
    You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

• Originally posted by FortKid View Post
      The fact that he has like 5 V8 engines sitting in his garage should be a giveaway.
      lol fair enough =P
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        alright, so i need info on subframe bushings for the s14. There are tons of companies that make solid rear bushings, my question is, are the cheaper ones cheap enough that i should steer away? Think ISIS, so forth.
        There's lots of arguing over these on all the big north american S-Chassis websites about ISIS being a bad company and such, but really, buy through Enjuku and they warranty all the ISIS parts.

If I was looking at aftermarket subframe bushings, I'd be getting the solid risers from PoweredByMax
        http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?14
        1990 240SX HB SR20DET - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-240SX-SR20det - SOLD
        1995 Subaru WRX - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...995-Subaru-WRX
        sigpic

Comment

• wile on the Enjuku comment they now stock a small line of gear from GKtech in Australia or alternatively you can order direct of them they ship to the USA and world wide daily, as iv already checked with Greg just recently, i can personally vouch for there gear having run almost all of there alignment catalog now ( and will again when i build my usdm 240 after migrating to the states ) there gear is top notch for what your paying, im 99 percent sure they have solid bushes etc just google them they have loads of great schassis gear...
          sigpic

Comment

• +1 for gktech.

Also, I heard you like lock.

Comment

• Still throwing my options around lately.

Putting it down to either a 180SX or an S13.
              S13's seem to be for sale a lot more.
              180SX's have more expensive parts (Type X tail lights, for instance).
              The 180SX would be something I'd want long-term.
              Parts are cheap for both.
              The boot space in a 180SX is superior (although nothing hugely amazing).
              Apparently the S13 is better for back seat passengers, but [email protected] seat passengers.
              Onevia's look great. Sileighties look great. Both cars look good in their own regards.

Decisions decisions...

Comment

• You could fit 100 dead hookers in the boot of my 180. 'dat room. Although, in all fairness, there's no floor so you'd just be replacing them each time. Parts won't cost you an arm and a leg for the most part, being that they're 20 odd year old cars, but finding decent ones will be hard. Keep up the search, Sheeplet.

Comment

• A 180's space would be handy.
                  I'm planning on going to the markets to do my shopping from now on. I need a fair bit of room for all the food I'll be buying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                    Also, I heard you like lock
                    ya i ran welded knuckles in the s14 but gave up after i busted the first set, but once i settle into a LHD id really like to give the GKtech knucks a go since they will be well into production by the time i get to that lol...
                    also spent some time checking out the enjuku racing website today they got loads of half decent gear amazing how much cheaper shit is in the USA building skidders in Australia is bullshit expensive,
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by evil80e View Post
                      amazing how much cheaper shit is in the USA building skidders in Australia is bullshit expensive,
                      Tell me about it. Saving everything possible for this damn RB25 180, and i'll probably get sick of it after a season and drop the running gear into a daily. >.<

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
                        Still throwing my options around lately.

Putting it down to either a 180SX or an S13.
                        S13's seem to be for sale a lot more.
                        180SX's have more expensive parts (Type X tail lights, for instance).
                        The 180SX would be something I'd want long-term.
                        Parts are cheap for both.
                        The boot space in a 180SX is superior (although nothing hugely amazing).
                        Apparently the S13 is better for back seat passengers, but [email protected] seat passengers.
                        Onevia's look great. Sileighties look great. Both cars look good in their own regards.

Decisions decisions...
                        Oh, what's that , you want type x lights?
                        $800 thanks

S13s can fit a fair bit. Fold the seats down n tetris n shit
                        Originally posted by ADowbs
                        He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                        sigpic
                        My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                          $800 thanks

I see your Type-X tails and up you with a set done by Clear Corners

$2000
                          1990 240SX HB SR20DET - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-240SX-SR20det - SOLD
                          1995 Subaru WRX - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...995-Subaru-WRX
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                            $800 thanks

Chyeah.
                            I can always get them from Japan cheaper, thankfully.

Need to brush up on my tetris skills, I think.

Comment

• large size for effect

In other news, i'm thinkin of just buying some second hand damper adjustable struts rather than saving up millions of dollars for coilovers.
                              Watchaguys think?
                              Originally posted by ADowbs
                              He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                              sigpic
                              My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by ZenkiSR View Post
                                I see your Type-X tails and up you with a set done by Clear Corners

$2000

congratulations, i am now hungry. lol

Also if you get used koni adjustable struts you can send them in to koni to be rebuilt good as new. The trick is finding an authorized service place in Australia.
                                Originally posted by MOOG
                                Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                                Originally posted by Jenga
                                You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Working...
                                X