Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do as Villain does, except not purple. Still considering painting mine red, might just make it white in the mean time since its easier to spray and will make a good base coat later on anyway.

On another note, apparently the quotes to fix my car are around $8,000 so AAMI want to assess it themselves. Being that that's more than half the value, I hope the car gets written off, but I still doubt it unfortunately. Would get the drifter done quick though.

Comment

• I must say, that's the first time i've heard someone WANT their car written off.
      And yeah, in my opinion i love the purple. If you're not a big fan of it and decide to do a respray, it's not that hard as long as you don't choose a colour like black.
      White is probably the most forgiving colour but yeah, it's not impossibru.
      If you were around my parts, i'd let you use all the shit i had to buy for it. That's where most of the money goes.
      That and sandpaper. My god, i bought a lot of sandpaper.
      Originally posted by ADowbs
      He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
      sigpic
      My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• I wanted my blue one written off too, but that didn't happen either. I think if insurance handed me the cheque I'd do something silly like buy a Legnum though..

Considering today is my only day off, I might head out to the shed and do some more work on the bodykit. Fibreglassing turned out pretty decent, might do the rest of it between bogging, depends how bored I get.

Comment

• How did the fiberglassing go? Was it easy?
          And a question in regards to bogging. The 180s bonnet has a spot of soft/thin metal where it bounces in and out. If i have that spot depressed and bog over it enough times to even it out, would it stop the popping or would the bog just crack as soon as it pops?
          He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
          sigpic
          My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Simple as, just make sure you have a quality mask, hell even a painting one. That shit is STRONG, you don't want to be inhaling it the entire time.

Bog should fix it, which part of the bonnet is it though? You could always weld a strip of metal along the bottom of it to try and prevent it.

Comment

• Looking at it from the front, it's in the right quarter closest to headlights.
              I would weld it but a lack of welder and welding skills prevents me from doing so.
              sigpic

Comment

• S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Pfft. Who needs a welder when you've got sticky tape?

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                  How did the fiberglassing go? Was it easy?
                  And a question in regards to bogging. The 180s bonnet has a spot of soft/thin metal where it bounces in and out. If i have that spot depressed and bog over it enough times to even it out, would it stop the popping or would the bog just crack as soon as it pops?
                  Bounces in and out? Pops? Hmm?

Well by the sounds of of it my bet is It's just going to crack.
                  $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                  $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Nakamura-san showing us how it's done in the S13.
                    Also mirin the R32. I'm not usually a fan of bodykits, but it looks alright.

Comment

• Rose it was your day and I was in newi for army and you tell me this now poor form poor form
                      WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• My bad, was busy (failing) bogging the skirts and hunting for stupid shit at the hardware store.

Also, tubs ftw. Ignore the screamer pipe hole in my bonnet too.. Don't know if i'll ever make use of it.

Comment

• Looks smick bro
                          WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• so s-chassis fanatics, im getting a respray on the 180 over Christmas break, but i cant decide what colour to go im thinking a deep blue. Any suggestions??

was thinking midnight blue pearl
                            Stick1001.jpg

or Daytona blue
                            CIMG2656.jpg
                            Originally posted by villain
                            That's because your engine is all like "Dafuq brah? I'm sick of going straight. Lets go sideways" and then your diff's all like "Yeah brah, lets do it lol".

Comment

• if i had to choose between the two id go the daytona blue because it will be alot more easy to keep clean then the blue pearl, all you will need after that is some gloss black or fluro yellow wheels to set it off
                              sigpic

Comment

• Blue pearl looks sick because i have the samish colour, but like kurtis said, keeping it clean will be a b*tch.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X