Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1) Look at the way the smoke is moving away from the tyre to the left. Moving towards the camera (and to the right), at high velocity.
    2) Look at the exhaust. It's pushing air away from the car.

It's a burnout.

Comment

• Oh, Ok.

anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chadeux View Post
        Oh, Ok.

anyway.

Dat fabrication.
        Originally posted by ThePossum
        Its always made me feel uneasy, like I'm about to get bent over a pool table and take an exhaust, in my exhaust.
        Originally posted by blitz
        make it low with some stance
        Originally posted by Cal
        I miss him, now we can only comment on each others facebook statuses saying each other are gay
        Moist.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
          Originally posted by Chadeux View Post
          I'm sorry, but is that a burnout or a massive cloud of steam?
          pretty sure id seen this somewhere before

sigpic

Comment

• S1 ftw think the s2 looks tacked on
            WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Is it normal to not hear your fuel pump prime...?
              My brothers one, mind you he has a walboro, is pretty f*ckin loud when you turn the ignition on but don't start it.
              Mine on the other hand, silent.

Also, are these things indicitive of a failing fuel pump, alternator, battery or something else?
              On first, second, sometimes third start up, car dies.
              When the fuel tank is fairly full and i mash the throttle or go around corners hard, i can smell unburnt fuel. And it's a really strong smell. I've checked for leaks and can't find any obvious ones. It also seems the smell is strongest inside the cabin. Doesn't smell at all under the hood.
              Even after cleaning my throttle body out and checking my AFM, the car likes to occasionally try and die when downshifting and coming to a stop.

A guy at work said to check my battery but the battery is only a few months old and i checked it a while ago with a multimeter. I don't have load tester thing but i'd imagine it's not a result of the battery.

The first and last symptom sounds like it's not delivering fuel fast enough. Not sure watdo with the unburnt fuel problem though.

Watcha guys reckon?

Sorry for always posting about my ever-deteriorating car, hopefully i'll start posting about it's build rather than it's problems soon.
              Originally posted by ADowbs
              He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
              sigpic
              My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                Sorry for always posting about my ever-deteriorating car, hopefully i'll start posting about it's build rather than it's problems soon.
                take comfort in the knowledge that its not just your car deteriorating

also have you check distributor and plugs?
                Originally posted by villain
                That's because your engine is all like "Dafuq brah? I'm sick of going straight. Lets go sideways" and then your diff's all like "Yeah brah, lets do it lol".

Comment

• Haha, it is a bit more comforting.

I've done just a visual inspection as well as take the plugs out and put them back in firmly etc but it all looks normal. Car fires normally too so i don't think it's a spark issue.
                  Another thing to mention is that it feels like it hesitates sometimes. It's usually a very responsive car but as of late, it feels like it sometimes struggles to rev/accelerate hard.
                  Other than that, it all runs and drives perfectly.
                  He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                  sigpic
                  My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• fuel filter??
                    partially blocked lines??

also i cant hear my fuel pump priming but i have no issues with it
                    That's because your engine is all like "Dafuq brah? I'm sick of going straight. Lets go sideways" and then your diff's all like "Yeah brah, lets do it lol".

Comment

• Oh true, well the fuel filter is quite new, probably newer than the battery.
                      I'll do some digging around and see what the cheapest thing to try would be and then just work my way up the price ladder.
                      One idea i had was that my fuel pump wasn't properly sealed off when it was taken out/put back in so when i go around corners, fuel spills out. I can't really imagine that happening but it was an idea.
                      sigpic

Comment

• just a wild thought but is your fuel system pressurizing properly, kink in vacuum/vent lines?

Comment

• S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

My fuel pump is also silent. Car will die when cold, not sure if related though.

Comment

• The fuel might be coming from a breather from the fuel tank if one blocks it'll let vapor inside the car.

Sounds like it needs a good going over if na replace all the serviceable ignition distrib rotor leads plugs run some injector cleaner through and check the timing

Hope this helps

Edit fuel pump wise a stock item should be very quiet the aftermarket intanks/ external pumps are alot louder
                            WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• hey guys i got a question with the s13 front bumpers. ive seen two different types of bumpers. are they both oem? 800px-Red_240SX_II.jpg800px-1989-1990_Nissan_240SX.jpg i like the red one better because to me it flows with the hood more than the black one. are they just different year bumpers? i tried googling it but came up with mixed answers. thanks

Comment

• The red one is an SR20 180SX bumper. Black one is a CA18 180SX bumper. The CA18 bumper also goes by the name "pig-nose".

Comment

Working...
                                X