Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paintballkaos View Post
    hey guys i got a question with the s13 front bumpers. ive seen two different types of bumpers. are they both oem? [ATTACH]22922[/ATTACH][ATTACH]22923[/ATTACH] i like the red one better because to me it flows with the hood more than the black one. are they just different year bumpers? i tried googling it but came up with mixed answers. thanks
    Yes they're both factory 180sx bars. The black one is the early model with the CA18 engine and the red one is the later model with the SR20

But depending on where you live they could be according to certain years or something I'm not sure. Since in Europe it was named 200sx and only came out with the CA18DET and in America they were named 240sx and only came with the KA24DE (And KA24E?)

This is also a factory bar that came out in the latest model 180sx, Type X. that came out 1996 on, featured drivers side airbag and some other neat stuff.

$900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
    $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• villain I also get a vague smell of gasoline when I'm near the trunk (maybe it's because of the exhaust gas, lol) but better have rich mixtures than lean :P Check the fuel pressure. There are lots of walbro replicas out there. When you unwind the gas cap do you hear a hissing sound from the vapors escaping the tank? That's how I know I don't have any holes in my tank (I know it sounds stupid).

In other news. Since the average temp here is around -5, the S13 is sitting under a thick layer of snow. I will remove the battery soon. I feel pretty bad knowing that the car is not in the garage where it will be warmer and more protected from the shit outside. :/

I really hate winters...
      Last edited by godjiro; 10-12-2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...l=1#post318105

Now all I need is a gearbox...

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
          Yes they're both factory 180sx bars. The black one is the early model with the CA18 engine and the red one is the later model with the SR20

But depending on where you live they could be according to certain years or something I'm not sure. Since in Europe it was named 200sx and only came out with the CA18DET and in America they were named 240sx and only came with the KA24DE (And KA24E?)

This is also a factory bar that came out in the latest model 180sx, Type X. that came out 1996 on, featured drivers side airbag and some other neat stuff.

Yeah I just found out that the early model like the black one has the ka24e motor and the newer type like the red one has a ka24de. Lol it's unfair North America gets non turbo engines

Comment

• And it's N/A.

Comment

• those wheels.

fwoar.

Comment

• Get that Sil damn it Sheep!

Comment

• いいえ、デレク。私は180sxが欲しい。

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
                    いいえ、デレク。私は180sxが欲しい。
                    Good work with the Google translate haha

Comment

• どーもありがとう、デレクさん

Comment

• *lazy* Is there only like.. 4 180's on here compared to ~10 S13's? Disappoint.

Comment

• Originally posted by rosey View Post
                          *lazy* is there only like.. 4 180's on here compared to ~10 s13's? Disappoint.
                          私はすぐに、アダムさんに変更する予定です。 180sxは、より多くの認識を必要とします。

\(*^▽^*)/

Comment

• Would anyone happen to know how to checkout a gearbox to see if it's in any good nick without it being in a car? lol

There is a guy not far from me selling a CA18 gearbox but he doesn't know the condition of it... I guess rotating it in gears then draining the oil and checking for sparkles is one way of checking it out. (Rotating probably not necessary but could help circulate the sparkles if any)

Would be sweet if I could do the swap this coming weekend I'd be driving all weekend!

Comment

• if they dont know what the condition of the box is i wouldnt touch it with a 10ft pole, even if it was free i would not be interested, belive me when i tell you it will end up in heartbreak and turmoil, when ever i pick up a gear box and god only knows how many iv bought now over the years the first thing i ask is whats the condition of the box to see what they say face to face, the second the umm and arrr or dont know the alarm bells start to go off iv been burnt to many times before...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Stock RB25 w/ turbo on Drift Sales for $1,500. Not in a car, should it be trusted? I know I can get a low km engine from sss auto for $2,200-ish, or hit Ben up at Ichiban, but I don't have a lot to spend..

Comment

Working...
                                X