Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by villain View Post
    Ah yeah, if it's the standard one, you'll be sweet. As long as there's no dodgy battery tray cut-outs like my broskis car.
    Speaking of which, anyone know how to test if an ECU is blown, lol.
    Car won't start, and you won't have an engine light to explain why.
    Originally posted by ThePossum
    Its always made me feel uneasy, like I'm about to get bent over a pool table and take an exhaust, in my exhaust.
    Originally posted by blitz
    make it low with some stance
    Originally posted by Cal
    I miss him, now we can only comment on each others facebook statuses saying each other are gay
    Moist.

Comment

• The holes been made wider mate
      WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Wonder if it would give me much of a hassle for a RWC.
        hmmmmm

Comment

• In that case...
          Anyone looking to sell an SR20 ecu? lolsomemore.
          Originally posted by ADowbs
          He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
          sigpic
          My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• I think Reaper was giving away his ECU to whoever bought his loom.. Shouldn't be too expensive to find one though.

Comment

In that case...
              Anyone looking to sell an SR20 ecu? lolsomemore.
              Don't surrender that easy. Open it up, and look for a resistor which will now be brown/white and brittle (because it's burnt out), and replace it with one from jaycar. I've done it twice now.
              Its always made me feel uneasy, like I'm about to get bent over a pool table and take an exhaust, in my exhaust.
              Originally posted by Cal
              I miss him, now we can only comment on each others facebook statuses saying each other are gay
              Moist.

Comment

• My soldering skills are like that of a drunken walrus.
                My brother opened up and couldn't find anything but i might have another better look.
                He was tampering with the CAS while the car was running and then it sorta just died. Interior electrics don't work but headlights work. No relay click when you turn the ignition to start and the aircon doesn't turn on either. That sound like a buggered ECU?
                No fuses blown either, btw. I had a very close look at all of them including the fusible links.
                He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                sigpic
                My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Fuark, now I'm worrying about that intercooler hole.

Comment

• If it's on the stock side, they might not even pick it up. It's not like you'll be running a fat-ass intercooler anyway. They might not even look for it.
                    sigpic

Comment

My soldering skills are like that of a drunken walrus.
                      My brother opened up and couldn't find anything but i might have another better look.
                      He was tampering with the CAS while the car was running and then it sorta just died. Interior electrics don't work but headlights work. No relay click when you turn the ignition to start and the aircon doesn't turn on either. That sound like a buggered ECU?
                      No fuses blown either, btw. I had a very close look at all of them including the fusible links.
                      My soldering skills are no better, but that ECU never gave me any more issues. What have you got to lose? A 45c resistor and 30 mins of labour vs a new ECU.

Triple check all your fuses. I've had an issue like that before too, it was the taillight fuse that ran all interior lighting.

Though the reason for my ECU dying was the MAF sensor wiring falling on the alternator pulley, wearing through and shorting out. Double check the wiring for the CAS, it could have been a freak moment where it shorted for some weird reason.

Worst comes to worst, get a new ECU, and use the opportunity to acquire a chipped/tuned one. That's what I did, and boy did it make a difference. 8600RPM fuel cut, better fuel economy and a much more usable power band (dropped it from about 3000rpm to around 2200rpm).
                      Originally posted by Cal
                      Moist.

Comment

• Won't be an issue if you cover it up or make look stock I had a cut hole in the battery tray and even that was able to be made to look semi stock I ended up just making a cover over the battery location
                        WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• easy fix, get a 6" or so ally pipe same diameter as your cooler plumbing and get a piece of sheet metal thats cut out to fit in your battery tray cut out a hole in your sheet metal for the 6" pipe to only just fit threw making sure its lines up with where the cooler plumbing would drop threw the battery tray cut a hole in the tray in the same location of where the pipe would fit threw to what ever size as long as the pipe can fit threw, have the pipe welded into the piece of sheet metal sitting half way threw, then have that piece of sheet metal welded ( not bolted ) to the battery tray, then connect up the cooler plumbing on either side ( might have to shorten or modify the plumbing a bit to suit ) with some turbo hose either side and 2 hose clams either side, also a great place to mount your BOV if you have one to put on, AND if you are going to re-circulate and keep it nice and legal its EASY done with a stock S15 x over pipe and some silicone, the chances of it getting defected like that have to be very slim, and id be willing to bet if you want to get it engineered im pretty sure the engineer will want it done like that or very similar to it, O1G use to sell a battery terminal adapter to do the same thing Im even pretty sure they used one in one of the MCM eps with blairs S15, but dont bother calling O1G for them they discontinued them and are no longer keeping them, can still knock your own up for less either way...
                          sigpic

Comment

• It's not actually the battery tray, thankfully. It's just the stock intercooler piping holes, that have been cut a bit bigger.
                            I need to check the battery tray actually.

Comment

• What are these wheels, S Chassis'ers? They look like something OEM, and I want them.

Last edited by Rosey; 14-12-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• threefiddyzed or RX8, not sure.
                                Originally posted by Cal
                                Moist.

Comment

Working...
                                X