Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZenkiSR View Post
    His location says Japan :S

Also, why not just build a SR20DET and install it into your S13 when the restriction comes off? NA for 210whp just seems redic when you think in terms of money spent for so little power.

Not trying to hate, just trying to understand the logic.
    Buy 20DE > Build internals of 20DE > Put turbo on said 20DE when off restrictions > Bam, 230 - 260kw's.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADowbs View Post
      I haven't decided if the foggy headlights add or detract from the look yet.

That's where his spirit resides, unfortunately his body is trapped in Melbourne atm.
      Needs JDM glass fronts.

...well then, my point on building the DET still stands. If your power goals are not very high, so you think NA is the way to go, it would still probably be cheaper to just buy the DET and a disco-potato, you'd end up with the a torque band much like the NA version, but have more puff in the top end and the chance to move up in power with relative ease if you end up wanting the extra power.

^but, you're talking of using a 11.0:1 compression ratio, you're going to have to pull the motor a part again to get to the cams at the very least when you go to turbo it, to match everything up...I mean, the 11.0:1 ratio is pretty outrageous for a turbo SR, most guys lower it to 8.5 and run more boost.
      Last edited by ZenkiSR; 16-12-2012, 04:18 PM.
      1990 240SX HB SR20DET - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-240SX-SR20det - SOLD
      1995 Subaru WRX - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...995-Subaru-WRX
      sigpic

Comment

• >Buy V6
        Bam, 260kw!

Comment

Needs JDM glass fronts.

...well then, my point on building the DET still stands. If your power goals are not very high, so you think NA is the way to go, it would still probably be cheaper to just buy the DET and a disco-potato, you'd end up with the a torque band much like the NA version, but have more puff in the top end and the chance to move up in power with relative ease if you end up wanting the extra power.
          haha, there's a good chance the 20DE won't even be used for some time.
          Just spend a fair while building it up, not concentrating on the externals since they're a lot easier to learn than internal components, then go from there.

Gotta make do with some 75kw's at the wheels. [email protected]

Comment

• RE: Fuel. Are you American's talking about your 95 or ours? From what i've heard they're quite different.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
              haha, there's a good chance the 20DE won't even be used for some time.
              Just spend a fair while building it up, not concentrating on the externals since they're a lot easier to learn than internal components, then go from there.

Gotta make do with some 75kw's at the wheels. [email protected]
              If you're focusing on the internals, why not build it with the end goals in mind then?

Please, stock the KA24E was rocking 104BKW or 140BHP when it was fresh off the line, mine came 20 years and a solid headgasket leak later.
              1990 240SX HB SR20DET - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-240SX-SR20det - SOLD
              sigpic

Comment

If you're focusing on the internals, why not build it with the end goals in mind then?
                Wouldn't that be the point of building it up, and then when possibly putting a turbo on it?

Comment

Wouldn't that be the point of building it up, and then when possibly putting a turbo on it?
                  In that case those 9:1's should do. lol
                  Originally posted by MOOG
                  Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                  Originally posted by Jenga
                  You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Then don't use 11.0:1 compression ratio haha.

If you're looking for 350whp, something like:

SR20DET, 8.5:1 Compression, 86mm (stock bore/compression)
                    Built bottom end with CP Pistons, Stock Rods
                    GT2871r .64 (T2 exhaust housing)
                    Jim Wolf Technology S3 Cams
                    Jim Wolf Technology ECU
                    Freddy Intake Manifold
                    Extrude Hone and Swained Exhaust Manifold, and Turbo
                    External Wastegate
                    3" exhaust
                    3" Inlet with Z32 MAF
                    72lb MSD's

That build by Cody Ace is one of the most respected 400whp builds in the S13 community in North America.
                    sigpic

Comment

• V6/8/10/12 swap

On a more serious note what do stock bottom ends usually max out at?
                      Last edited by FortKid; 16-12-2012, 04:38 PM.
                      Originally posted by MOOG
                      Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                      Originally posted by Jenga
                      You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

• Originally posted by FortKid View Post
                        In that case those 9:1's should do. lol
                        haha, very true.

Originally posted by ZenkiSR View Post
                        Then don't use 11.0:1 compression ratio haha.

If you're looking for 350whp, something like:

SR20DET, 8.5:1 Compression, 86mm (stock bore/compression)
                        Built bottom end with CP Pistons, Stock Rods
                        GT2871r .64 (T2 exhaust housing)
                        Jim Wolf Technology S3 Cams
                        Jim Wolf Technology ECU
                        Freddy Intake Manifold
                        Extrude Hone and Swained Exhaust Manifold, and Turbo
                        External Wastegate
                        3" exhaust
                        3" Inlet with Z32 MAF
                        72lb MSD's

That build by Cody Ace is one of the most respected 400whp builds in the S13 community in North America.
                        It's difficult, because the items I've made bold aren't legal here.
                        Z32 MAF isn't legal on an SR20. ECU isn't legal, External wastegate isn't legal, Intake manifold is a bit... iffy. There are ways to use a non-factory ECU, but you have to be sneaky about it.

I understand building something to be legal might be troublesome, so either I go through the engineers or I build a very stringent setup.

Comment

haha, very true.

It's difficult, because the items I've made bold aren't legal here.
                          Z32 MAF isn't legal on an SR20. ECU isn't legal, External wastegate isn't legal, Intake manifold is a bit... iffy. There are ways to use a non-factory ECU, but you have to be sneaky about it.

I understand building something to be legal might be troublesome, so either I go through the engineers or I build a very stringent setup.
                          Wait, so Moog can tune his Moogaru ECU, but you can't chip tune your SR20 ECU?....what about Nistune?...The JWT is just a chip tune that is very popular with the SR20 crowd. If you can't tune the damn thing, forget even building an engine.

For the MAF, if you're wanting to go over 300whp, you'll need a better MAF then the stocker, as it cuts out. So you'll be needing to find another legal MAF option anyways, or go MAP which is $$$.

You can just get the stock Intake Mani ported and polished I guess instead of getting the Greddy copy.

Originally posted by FortKid View Post
                          On a more serious note what do stock bottom ends usually max out at?
                          350whp is usually the top end of safe (proper supporting mods and a good tune obviously), anymore over that and you're risking dislodging a piston. CodyAce ran 400whp until he did just that, and then rebuilt the bottom end with forged rods and has been running 400+hp for years.
                          Last edited by ZenkiSR; 16-12-2012, 05:05 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Nah, MOOG wasn't allowed to tune his ECU either.
                            It's just difficult to know when people have tuned it.

Comment

• There's a nice little grey S13 that's sold pending a mechanic check tomorrow at 9...
                              Another Quality post from Hayden
                              Have my P's, now what do I count down to?
                              Originally posted by ADowbs
                              In Volvo, we do trust.
                              My Boat: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...s-BF-SR-Falcon

Comment

• Originally posted by FortKid View Post
                                A built NA is still not P plate legal. I'm fairly sure the officer will notice the lumpy idle. lol
                                Technically no, but they can't exactly prove it's internally modified without ripping it open. Just tell them it's misfiring.

My old car was lumpy as shit, it was obnoxious at times but I never even had a cop ask me to lift the bonnet or test the exhaust.
                                Originally posted by ThePossum
                                Its always made me feel uneasy, like I'm about to get bent over a pool table and take an exhaust, in my exhaust.
                                Originally posted by blitz
                                make it low with some stance
                                Originally posted by Cal
                                I miss him, now we can only comment on each others facebook statuses saying each other are gay
                                Moist.

Comment

Working...
                                X