Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
    Nah, MOOG wasn't allowed to tune his ECU either.
    It's just difficult to know when people have tuned it.
    Well in that case, you'll just have to risk it if you're building a motor, as the stock tune will run like crap. The JWT doesn't do anything to the stock ECUs looks, same with the Nistune. The only way for them to find out would be to actually open it up, or dyno test your car against a stock version.

This whole thing makes me love the fact I live in Canada where I can actually mod my car without big brother looking over my shoulder every time and wanting paperwork done.
    1990 240SX HB SR20DET - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-240SX-SR20det - SOLD
    1995 Subaru WRX - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...995-Subaru-WRX
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hayden121 View Post
      There's a nice little grey S13 that's sold pending a mechanic check tomorrow at 9...
      ooooohhhhh! How much did ya get it for?
      $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
      $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZenkiSR View Post
        This whole thing makes me love the fact I live in Canada where I can actually mod my car without big brother looking over my shoulder every time and wanting paperwork done.
        Unless you live in Manitoba where the cops like to beat you for driving one of them "new fangled right side drive chinkmobiles". Lol.

Comment

• I'd rather be allowed to modify a 240SX than be unable to modify a right hand drive Silvia. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by ADowbs View Post
            Unless you live in Manitoba where the cops like to beat you for driving one of them "new fangled right side drive chinkmobiles". Lol.
            Come to BC mate. I've never been hassled by a cop yet about my RHD, and I don't even have my front plate on proper mount, it's on top of my dash on the left-hand side.
            1990 240SX HB SR20DET - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-240SX-SR20det - SOLD
            1995 Subaru WRX - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...995-Subaru-WRX
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ZenkiSR View Post
              Come to BC mate. I've never been hassled by a cop yet about my RHD, and I don't even have my front plate on proper mount, it's on top of my dash on the left-hand side.
              Oh BC and Alberta, thank you for being Canada's JDM safe havens. One day...

Comment

• Yay for self promotion. Or whatever...

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...l=1#post321741
                $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Nice one Hayden will have to fill us in more

On the mod side of things this is where I'm happy I'm old and grumpy well older then most on here lol so I havnt ever had to worry about turbo laws

In my mind if your paying more then 5k for a s13 na it's to much I know there are some instances where this is not true like if it comes exactly the way you want it LSD rb25 box adjustable everything......
                  WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Rocket bunny kitted
                    Brides
                    Recaros
                    Harnesses
                    Cage
                    Stripped
                    Comes with turbo motor with gtx30 bolted onto it
                    Tilton pedal box
                    WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

Comment

• Meisters on the car + a spare set to fit the supra
                      Sp1s to drift on
                      Work shop lift
                      A boot that dosnt leak
                      WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

Comment

• Still wondering if I should get a non-daily that I can't legally drive, yet...
                        Maybe an S14. FMIC, Tune, Exhaust, Cams, hmmmm...

The next best option is an N/A S13/180SX.
                        Can drive the N/A car about, but won't have as much fun on the track.

It just seems like the N/A's struggle a bit.

Comment

• Yeah they do struggle can be made up for a little by installing an LSD to ge the power down earlier and decent suspension but it's hard and the 14 has better rear suspension geometry as well

I'd buy the 14 and risk it but that's just me
                          WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

Comment

• N/A is fine for drifting.

trust me you will have more fun drifting with low power.

and you learn so much more using skill then power.

car will also be more reliable on hot days in N/A form aswell
                            sigpic
                            Build thread for below cars
                            I drift a Nissan 180SX Type X and a Seafoam S13
                            i am building an AE71 wagon aswell
                            I daily a Mazda 3MPS
                            woooo cars

Comment

• S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Fair point man. Sucks that an N/A S13 can cost as much as an S14 though.

Would still love a 180, but haven't seen any cheap ones pop up that we're decent.

Comment

• This thread needs more pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X