Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
    Fair point man. Sucks that an N/A S13 can cost as much as an S14 though.

Would still love a 180, but haven't seen any cheap ones pop up that we're decent.
    Yes this is extreamly fustrating.

at matsuri i drove a mates S13 with a S14 SR20DE back to back with my SR20DET 180, and to be honest i had more fun drifting the S13 then i did my car.

its alot more work to link corners, but it feels so good when you do.

takes balls though.

i want a NA 180 for my misses to learn in. but its looking like the only cost effective way to do it is ti build my own.
    sigpic
    Build thread for below cars
    I drift a Nissan 180SX Type X and a Seafoam S13
    i am building an AE71 wagon aswell
    I daily a Mazda 3MPS
    woooo cars

Comment

• S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Building your own woul be best. Could only cost ya like $4,000 or so, where as most people are chasing $6,000+ for their N/A 180sx's.

I plan to go through the built way too.

Comment

It's very clean, but is it $7,000 clean?
        Only seeing it in person would tell.
        It really was!

Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
        ooooohhhhh! How much did ya get it for?
        $6,900 in the end, got him down lower but he threw in a sound system and a few spares like a 100% mint dash so I didn't say no. More than I'd originally wanted to spend but aside from the dash I've never seen an S13 as clean as this one. It's getting checked right now and if that passes I'll have it in about 3-5 hours. I can't stop smiling! I've wanted one of these for at least 12 years and I'm about to have my own!

Edit: Pickup date moved to Friday :c Could be worse though.
        Last edited by Hayden121; 17-12-2012, 10:06 AM.
        Another Quality post from Hayden
        Have my P's, now what do I count down to?
        Originally posted by ADowbs
        In Volvo, we do trust.
        My Boat: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...s-BF-SR-Falcon

Comment

haha, very true.

It's difficult, because the items I've made bold aren't legal here.
          Z32 MAF isn't legal on an SR20. ECU isn't legal, External wastegate isn't legal, Intake manifold is a bit... iffy. There are ways to use a non-factory ECU, but you have to be sneaky about it.

I understand building something to be legal might be troublesome, so either I go through the engineers or I build a very stringent setup.
          wait what?
          z32 maf, ecu and ext gate illegal? im pretty sure your z32 and your ecu are fine if you buy an s14/15 black top sr20 and an apexi dejetro you can have the ecu without the z32 also external gate are only illegal when you vent them to atmosphere, and im pretty sure you can get 2871s that are internally gated, i never usually look at anything below a gt30 but im sure you can
          Originally posted by ZenkiSR View Post
          350whp is usually the top end of safe (proper supporting mods and a good tune obviously), anymore over that and you're risking dislodging a piston. CodyAce ran 400whp until he did just that, and then rebuilt the bottom end with forged rods and has been running 400+hp for years.
          this is why im going RB on the next build =P can make 400hp on a smaller budget
          sigpic

Comment

Z32 MAF and ECU are instant failures with the EPA, unless you get it tested for emissions and ADR standards, which costs some $6,000 here. (it's a lot more strict with the testing than NSW)

Comment

• can forget about making big power without tho's then haha, and to be honest if i could go back and do it all again id never have run a built car on the street, would have been happy with anything auto with aircon that can tow a car trailer then have something fun i can take out to the track, but thats just me personally my car is useless as a daily driver
              sigpic

Comment

Minimal things like the MAF and ECU I would change. As long as the stuff can be changed back quickly, making an EPA test a non-issue.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by evil80e View Post
                    wait what?
                    z32 maf, ecu and ext gate illegal? im pretty sure your z32 and your ecu are fine if you buy an s14/15 black top sr20 and an apexi dejetro you can have the ecu without the z32 also external gate are only illegal when you vent them to atmosphere, and im pretty sure you can get 2871s that are internally gated, i never usually look at anything below a gt30 but im sure you can

this is why im going RB on the next build =P can make 400hp on a smaller budget
                    The 2871 comes internally gated, but when you're pushing, it's really prone to boost spikes, which makes the external gate important to keeping everything together.

Good lucking getting a RB25/26 to 350hp cheaper then the SR20 to the same goal in the US. You may not have to build it, but you still have to buy the engine and the parts you need are more expensive for the RB.
                    1990 240SX HB SR20DET - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-240SX-SR20det - SOLD
                    1995 Subaru WRX - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...995-Subaru-WRX
                    sigpic

Comment

• If you are in the US and want an I6
                      The answer is LL8
                      I want to see one in an S13, make it happen people.
                      Originally posted by MOOG
                      Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                      Originally posted by Jenga
                      You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

• N15 SSS
                        Originally posted by Rasputin
                        Sub 1.5L engines, for those who don't need to compensate!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZenkiSR View Post
                          The 2871 comes internally gated, but when you're pushing, it's really prone to boost spikes, which makes the external gate important to keeping everything together.

Good lucking getting a RB25/26 to 350hp cheaper then the SR20 to the same goal in the US. You may not have to build it, but you still have to buy the engine and the parts you need are more expensive for the RB.
                          As Fortkid said. LL8, you can get to 350hp much easier than either of those and have much more torque along with it.

EDIT: Also I forgot that it's lighter too because it's aluminum. Also It doesn't have any of the mindless "JDM" or V8 following so it's more than likely cheaper.
                          Last edited by Chadeux; 17-12-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• is there a thread like this for skylines, cefiroes and laurels? i have looked and have not found

Comment

• Just use this thread.
                              We don't discriminate against Nissan's.

Comment

Working...
                              X