Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey-ho.
    I don't really know what time it is in AUS, but since I will not have the opportunity to say it tomorrow, I will say it now. Have a great New Year's eve and may your enthusiasm and projects be awesome just like this year, Nissan fellows! I have learned a lot and "met" interesting people around these plains, and I plan to do so the next year as well. I won't even start on the S13 that Marty and Moog will be working on. I am sure that it will be long, awesome and entertaining.

Anyways... I'm off. 2 more days until my absence from work is over, so I plan to make the most of them

Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
      Listening for a leak isn't always a waste of time. I've found a few leaks before by following the sound a bit. Though I could hear them in the first place. :P
      i should have added the part about the owners running a DET with 3" turbo back system, bit hard to hear shit,

Originally posted by villain View Post
      As for the exhaust, I just got a shop to make one up. Well, my brother did.
      ah alright, thought id ask, some guys go out and buy s15 systems and throw them in there 13/14s ( maybe not knowing what chassis it even came off ) s15 systems are a bit shorter in the rear section in particular after the last hanger, and the exhaust muffler will hang out a bit shy of the rear bar, so with a bit of a hit its common to get exhaust / petrol smell in the cabin threw the rear bar and boot...

happy new year to everyone as well, I got 3 days of now stoked haha should spend some of that working on the sil but since im lazy and have lost interest in it ill prolly eat and drink myself into the new years, keep safe peeps
      sigpic

Comment

• Went for yet another run up the mountain yesterday but this time when I got to the bottom I noticed the brakes were a bit spongy and I could smell them.

Should probably upgrade my brakes and go slotted rotors. Also gotta get that damn manual conversion done too then I may not use the brakes so much.

Poor little non turbo brakes.
        Last edited by KillerBunnys122; 31-12-2012, 08:33 AM.
        $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
        $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Happy new year mofos hope you all had a safe and fine free time off. My cars booked into the booth on Friday so should be done this weekend then I have to decide what I want to do with it continue with my plans or sell and buy a turbo to make it easier
          WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Happy new year S-Chassisers...

Wish I had a good camera. This could have been a much better picture! Can barely see the black S13

Comment

• How come your 13 looks so got dayum high? Small wheels?

So, anyway. I came across this page which features the colours used for a lot of Silvia's.

Noticed one called "Lavender Frost Metallic". Never even heard of it before, and apparently it only came with some of the first S13's from '89.

Might just be a 240SX thing. I wonder why such a colour wasn't used for long with production though.
              Maybe it wasn't popular? Can look good though if it's made to be a bit darker.

Comment

• Kurtis (or anyone else), will probably be buying the running gear for the 180 soon so i'm trying to solve some issues. Tailshaft; what needs to be done? Fairly sure my diff is just a welded S13 diff (R180 5 bolt or some shit?), and i'll be running an RB25 box. So I need the front section of an RB shaft so it mates up and the rest S13? Your name came up in a thread when I googled, so I gather you've had atleast a little experience.

Also Sean, that colour doesn't look too bad (the last pic anyway), anything can look nice though. Within reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                  anything can look nice though. Within reason.
                  Pretty much.
                  I wasn't really too much of a fan of some colours, but when you see a nice example of them you begin to understand.

I was never a fan of brown, until I saw an S13 with a dark brown colour up in QLD for sale. Had a full RB25DET conversion, full roll cage, suspension, interior, and fully mod-plated. Wish I save some pictures of it.

Comment

• Brown like this? Belongs to a guy back where I used to live (I'm sure Stu knows him). Tried to set me on fire last round at Raleigh actually (fuel pump shenanigans).

Comment

• Mine must be super black...

Can appreciate most colours, but christ its like sitting in a microwave now that summers around.
                      http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ies-S13-Silvia

Comment

Brown like this? Belongs to a guy back where I used to live (I'm sure Stu knows him). Tried to set me on fire last round at Raleigh actually (fuel pump shenanigans).

Looks a lot like the one I was talking about, but the one I was talking about had a roll cage with green padding, bride seats, etc.

Comment

Kurtis (or anyone else), will probably be buying the running gear for the 180 soon so i'm trying to solve some issues. Tailshaft; what needs to be done? Fairly sure my diff is just a welded S13 diff (R180 5 bolt or some shit?), and i'll be running an RB25 box. So I need the front section of an RB shaft so it mates up and the rest S13? Your name came up in a thread when I googled, so I gather you've had atleast a little experience.

Also Sean, that colour doesn't look too bad (the last pic anyway), anything can look nice though. Within reason.
                          ah rb25 box conversion needs alot of work dude, the only sound advice i have to offer you is order/buy a conversion bell housing of GKtech i believe there just about to put there bell housing into production, the only conversion adapter kit on the market worth spending the money on would be the one Nigel @ets has made up iv heard they are half decent and will last, the kit i used last ended up needing alot of modifications on the kit itself and on the original bell housing was alot of headaches and ended up in heart brake braking after the first box change, ( finding out after there well known for cracking and braking ) you need the kit, 25box and yoke and Valium to numb the brain damage of getting it together,

the only other cheap option iv seen is doing a cut and shut on the rb bell housing iv read some threads on Nico with some people that have pulled it off with some success, long story short you need an sr bell housing an rb bell housing a really good machine shop and then a really good engineering shop to do a pro job welding the two together and hey presto right?!,

either way its a sound solution, dont get me wrong rb25 boxes brake as well, but fk they can put up with some punishment, iv seen plenty of 500+hp skylines on the dyno now with molested 25 boxes that never seem to give up, if i was going sr on the next build id be doing the same or at least a similar z32 box setup iv broken that many sr boxes now iv lost count, the only advice i have with sr20 boxes is try and find s14 audm or jdm 5 speeds they seem to put up with a bit more then the 13 5 speeds and the 15 6 speeds there piss poor the second you start cracking 230+ rwkw you will know what i mean..

#EDIT
                          sorry rosey just had to add for what GKtech is asking for there conversion bell housings you would be silly not to get in wile they have them going,

also i saw the picture that MrSheep posted on FU180 before, god damn i love how his rear guards have been pulled i love stupid low! almost no camber in the ass of that 180 either if you have see the other pics of that car as well mad!

Last edited by evil80e; 02-01-2013, 03:44 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Yeah my S13 looks like a monster truck because of its stock suspension and smaller tires... I should just get some 17" but nothing good has come up that I can afford. Only pairs -.-
                            Last edited by KillerBunnys122; 02-01-2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by evil80e View Post
                              also i saw the picture that MrSheep posted on FU180 before, god damn i love how his rear guards have been pulled i love stupid low! almost no camber in the ass of that 180 either if you have see the other pics of that car as well mad!

You might be disappointed then.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
                                You might be disappointed then.

backed it into a wall, spewin =/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X