Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see replica seats the same way i see replica wheels, to be honest.
    Sure, nowhere near as good as the real deal but for the applications i would be putting them in, it'd be like suiting up head to toe in chainmail and steel armour to kill a cockroach.

For daily driving/occasional track days or even just a modest track car, i think replica seats would do the job fine.

At the end of the day, even the replica ones are designed with some level of safety in mind.
    Originally posted by ADowbs
    He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
    sigpic
    My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• But why buy a fake when you can buy an actual racing seat? I find it odd that people would rather have fake brides than real racing seats made by another company. ESPECIALLY for track use.
      Originally posted by MOOG
      Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
      Originally posted by Jenga
      You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

• I wouldn't say any replica anything is designed with safety in mind, except for things like Autotechnica seats, but they need to be because they're entire selling point is essentially "street legal".

When I said "replica", I mean "fake", although using the wording "Fake Brides" isn't realistic since the Taiwan Brides are built under a different company name. You can buy some cheap, used seats Rosey, so I'd just do that. I'm sure someone's got some Velo's they wouldn't mind offloading for $400-ish.

Comment

• I didn't say I would use replica's for track use, but daily yes. Replicas are still made to be safe, while imitating higher quality gear and they do the job just as well in most cases, unless you're buying $100 reps *cough* Drift *cough*

Comment

• I can foresee i will be defending my purchase for a long time.

YOLO.
            Originally posted by ADowbs
            He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
            sigpic
            My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• It sucks you never got the SRT-4 there. Those seats are quite sporty without having that JDM price markup.
              You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

• They'll get the job done, Levan. Just make sure the rails are mounted solid on the seat so you don't have issues.

Comment

• I got new rims again. lol Just waiting on imgur to come back up then I'll post some pictures.

Did a much better job this time. $350 for a set Front: 17x71/2 Rear: 17x81/2 Unknown offsets. Got a bit of stretch on the back haha Just need to paint the things then I can chuck on my tires and fit them!

EDIT: They're lighter too!

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...l=1#post343897
                  KillerBunnys122
                  MCM Forum Addict
                  Last edited by KillerBunnys122; 19-01-2013, 01:21 PM.
                  $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                  $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Originally posted by INVSBL View Post
                    seats look really good, comfy as im guessing? they look hardly used

thats exactly how id do an S13 if i had the monies
                    yer man they are so dam comfortable and they hold me so well in tight corners! they are like new! the guy i got them off pulled them out straight away after he got his gtr imported and pout in fixed back brides for track use, he sed he payed $2500 for the 2 brides and rails XD i dont think ill ever have that much money for seats hahaha
                    sigpic

check out my S13!

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...It-Will-Be-MAD!

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                      I can foresee i will be defending my purchase for a long time.

YOLO.
                      narr man don't worry ay, they are a rely good looking seat! they look almost exactly like mine hahaha and they will be perfect for the job they are doing plus new seats just make the car look and feel sooo much cleaner don't they? and for the price you payed how can you go wrong? the reason i payed for genuine ones is because i rely wanted to build a s13 what was mostly jap parts and to keep it looking as stock and genuine as possible...
                      JDMman
                      Frangipani
                      Last edited by JDMman; 20-01-2013, 02:33 AM.
                      sigpic

check out my S13!

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...It-Will-Be-MAD!

Comment

• Small lips make OEM bumpers awesome.

Comment

• Agreed with lips on stock bars are awesome and that I love 34 gtr buckets but are normally stupid priced
                          WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                            Because genuine are $1000+ and well, **** that.
                            If I was with you right now I'd slap you over the back of the head seriously I've seen those things snap at the base they might be ok to sit in but in a accident you may as well be sittin on a milk crate
                            WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Originally posted by FortKid View Post

Small lips make OEM bumpers awesome.
                              ca18 silvia front bars + 95 honda accord front lips = awesome
                              [ officially not an S-Chassis owner for the first time in 12 years - feel like a meth head with no crack ]

ArkLaTex Drift on mightycarmods click here!!!

[WARNING] Bogan Aussie Content Inside [WARNING]
                              this is what i have to post about in between building weapon s13's

Comment

• Originally posted by FST.02J View Post
                                If I was with you right now I'd slap you over the back of the head seriously I've seen those things snap at the base they might be ok to sit in but in a accident you may as well be sittin on a milk crate
                                +1. Friends don't let friends use knock off safety pieces.
                                1990 240SX HB SR20DET - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-240SX-SR20det - SOLD
                                1995 Subaru WRX - http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...995-Subaru-WRX
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X