Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Chassis (And other Nissans...sort of) Discussion Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FST.02J
    replied
    wireing is gay but one f the guys should be able to sort it out

Leave a comment:

• KillerBunnys122
    replied
    Originally posted by villain View Post
    My gears also went sticky and second stopped working. I'm not sure if that's the result of the oil heating up or the gears themselves heating up. Either way, i'd like to another gearbox as im pretty sure mine is on it's way out.
    Your gearbox is fuuuucked! Has been for like over a year so I think it's finally biting the dust. Also what oil did you chuck in it? Because anything over GL-4 will dissolve your syncros.

Leave a comment:

• skraM
    replied
    Hey guys
    Recently bought my first s-chassis (180) and need some help fixing it up
    Story is: exhaust gasket blew sending flames around the bay, ignitor broke, and some wiring sheathe got a little burned
    All genuine nissan parts were included with receipts

engine bay as is now:

this is what i got as a new ignitor:

so now i need to wire that in and re-connect turbo, oil and water lines, manifold etc

Would love some help and advice if you have any. Really want to do this right

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Rosey
    replied
    Fair enough man, good luck with it all. This S/R Chassis meet still has to happen one day.. Once mines engineered and registered anyway.

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Only reason i'm not bothering with a new job is because i've only got another semester of this degree left so i'll just stick it out.

Leave a comment:

• Rosey
    replied
    Wow, yeah that's shit then.. Time for a new job? Second job? I'm about to get rid of my 180 as it is to spend more on getting the boat ready.

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Trust me, I'd love nothing more than to save up but when you earn $100 a week, it gets hard.
    Might just wait till I get a nursing job, hopefully next year.

Leave a comment:

• Rosey
    replied
    Just save up and do the whole lot, Levan. You'll enjoy the car so much more.

Speaking of turbos.. Should have the drift boat home soon.

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    I've been wanting to get a redtop for the past week, ever since going to the happy laps day. The NA just feels like it's missing something..
    And by something, i mean boost.
    But at $1600 for a complete package including engine, turbo, gearbox and ecu, I can't afford it :c

My gears also went sticky and second stopped working. I'm not sure if that's the result of the oil heating up or the gears themselves heating up. Either way, i'd like to another gearbox as im pretty sure mine is on it's way out.

Leave a comment:

• BarinaBeast
    replied
    Turns out im going to be doing the rings in my CA.. so im going to freshen up the whole engine/ bay while its out.. Super clean everything lol, a gurney and a shitton of degreaser is going to be my friend

Leave a comment:

• Kurtis
    replied
    Missing it badly right now, on a better note I found out my old sil was not written of but in fact had been fixed and resprayed would have been a dam shame to see it go to waste, even more random is my new neighbors sileighty lol prolly seen it on drift sales ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374245648.556360.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374245662.299975.jpg

Sells nice sileighty nekminit another ballin sil out the front s13s gravitate to me Must for fill my destiny lol

Leave a comment:

• godjiro
    replied
    If that's the case let me know

Leave a comment:

• KillerBunnys122
    replied
    Originally posted by godjiro View Post
    I actually have a plan for the lighter hole that includes this, the snakes that are currently in the hole and some wires, so don't go to the wreckers for a spare just for me I appreciate the gesture though. Thanks again
    Yeah I've got one of those plugged into the lighter thing-o

I'd be looking at, getting and just overall stuffing around at the wreckers anyway so it'll just give me something to do haha

Leave a comment:

• godjiro
    replied
    I actually have a plan for the lighter hole that includes this, the snakes that are currently in the hole and some wires, so don't go to the wreckers for a spare just for me I appreciate the gesture though. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• KillerBunnys122
    replied
    Nice! I'll have to goto the wreckers at some stage and get one I think my spare one went missing.

Speaking of CA's how about a NA CA in a Datsun 1000? Maaaad!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X