Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Window Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome video, sure handy for in the near-future.
    sigpic

Comment

Hmm. Might get this for my dad's Ranger. Doesn't look too hard.

Comment

Damn guys, I hate you for tease me like that! Cannot wait to see the new cars!
        And, new Marty's driveway?!
        In Rust We Trust
        Photos are here: Flickr

Comment

Love the video. You guys are only second to Top Gear UK.

Comment

Originally posted by RLD_evoIX View Post
            Another great episode. And I have to say, after watching all those epicly awesome videos of the 180 build seeing you guys work on it in various "proper" garages. I felt that it was quite refreshing to see MCM back doing DIY in their driveway. Great episode!
            Thanks man. Actually the 180 was built in a car park - literally with extension leads running out of a garage. Even less well equipped than usual. Luckily though for the coilover and diff parts we had a hoist but the rest was done ghetto.

Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
            The way you guys mounted the windows are bad! They can cause crushed spines upon impact! GOD RABBLE RABBLE

/sarcasm influenced by 180SX episode.

Cheers MOOG/Marty.
            Far out man you cracked me so hard. I started reading this going "WTF and then as I read further I LOL'd so hard. Well played!

Originally posted by Cmon43 View Post
            Will we be expecting a reveal video of some sort in the coming weeks the new cars?
            Oh yes. OH YES!!!

Originally posted by khindustries View Post
            I also wouldn't recommend looking up a$$bandit.com...............
            I can honestly say I never looked there. I was too scared and from what I've read I'm glad I haven't.

Originally posted by STI-Guy View Post
            What was the song from 8:40-10:30? Pretty sweet.
            Thanks man. Just a track I wrote during the 180 builds as background music. Not a released track or anything.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            I'm not going to kiss your *ss guys, i was really worrying about the show with the last couple episodes, but you really brought it right around to the core of MCM with this episode, looking forward to many more great episodes like this.
            Thanks man. You know, the 180 premiere was meant to be ONE single episode. Once we started on it we realised that it was going to be way too much work and take too long to just make one video. So we called it a multi-video premiere. Kind of like one big video in a few parts. But people (seeing multiple videos that were different to the usual style) got a bit worried that it was like a new Season 5 style. We're so happy the 180 is finished and we're back on the driveway doing cheap easy mods. Thats what we really love doing the most, but a few times a season we also love to do something different like TRDLZR, Zombie Car, Rusty Golf, 180SX etc.

Originally posted by noelleon View Post
            Loved the episode guys, as the others said great to see you back in HQ and working on your cars.
            We are too! We were without a garage for a couple of months which is why we were working in a car park during the 180 build...

Originally posted by uba_noob View Post
            Great episode, don't stop doing these sorts. It's nice to see something different like the 180, but it feels like home back in the garage. Looking forward to more.

Hope the rumor is true :S we want more MCM
            Yup we'll be back to the roots now the premiere is done!

Originally posted by MadeinJapan View Post
            Why do you guys possess every single 3in1 product? hahahaha
            It's good shizzle man and Marty HATES to run out of stuff while we're working. He's super organised like that.

Thanks to everyone else for all your comments. We're so excited to show you the projects we've been working on. Cars that we've never had on the show before so we're super pumped. It's funny because when a video doesn't go up for a little while people say "Whars going on??!" but its when there's NO video going up that you know that we are really busy making videos.

Also want to let everyone know, that during the 180 build we were able to put up weekly videos as we worked over the christmas holidays. We announced on Facebook that there would be weekly 180SX videos and a lot of people had an expectation that it would continue. Sadly, its not sustainable and we don't actually want to throw up weekly videos. Now that we're back at work, we're back to a looser schedule of getting videos up when they are done. The flip side of that, is that there are no BIG builds like the 180 going on at the moment which takes months in total to build and film so the videos we are making are quicker to turn around.

The most important thing for us personally, is to keep MCM fun as we're really passionate about it and the last thing we want is to have it feel like a job where we HAVE to upload something even if we're not happy with it. We'll always be home made bread. Takes longer, but tastes better (hopefully) YouTube has an insatiable appetite and we could upload a video every day and not satisfy a lot of the people on there. It's why we don't do YouTube messaging anymore. So far this week we have 900 personal messages from people. We cant answer them fast enough. I wrote back to one, and during writing back there were 5 more. Sadly its not possible and its not a good use of time. People will be upset the message didn't get a response. But then everyone would be upset that videos are not being made because we are too busy replying to messages. It's a tricky situation to balance but as MCM grows we need to make sure we are staying focussed on what we are really passionate about and thats working on cars, and making videos.

Thanks guys!
            Last edited by MOOG; 20-03-2013, 08:39 AM.
            MCM MAGAZINE ISSUE 5 OUT NOW. Have you got a copy yet? Mighty Car Mods Magazine

Comment

Great episode, didn't realize it really doesn't take much to convert. Might order some!

May I suggest a manual door lock to power lock conversion video?

Comment

awsome episode, i can see this on my car in the near future.
                canada eh?

cool story bro.

hold your steering loosely to avoid tank slappers.

Comment

Is there a way to power up a wind-up sunroof? It gets pretty annoying sometimes :/
                  29 years old, and still a daily.

Comment

If only you guys had done this episode earlier when I needed it haha

Good episode though guys
                    All of the 2J, none of the turbos

Comment

Originally posted by Rack View Post
                      Great episode, didn't realize it really doesn't take much to convert. Might order some!

The first episode of mcm EVER did this???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
                      My 1994 Pulsar on MightyCarMods Forum

My 1994 Gunmetal Silver N14 SSS Intro and Build on PGA

sigpic

Comment

Nice vid man keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren576 View Post
                          Nice vid man keep up the good work.
                          First post - welcome!!

Yes MCM SE1 EP1 has a central locking install.
                          MCM MAGAZINE ISSUE 5 OUT NOW. Have you got a copy yet? Mighty Car Mods Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Rack View Post

\/ \/ \/ - See these replies below.... \/ \/ \/ \/

Originally posted by BMSSS View Post
                            The first episode of mcm EVER did this???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
                            Originally posted by MOOG View Post
                            First post - welcome!!

Yes MCM SE1 EP1 has a central locking install.
                            No offense dude, but you are not a true MCM fan until you know every MCM video by heart, the first one especially.
                            I swear you better not ask what car it was on.... Lol, just kidding.

- Moog is on this thread like flies on a dropped lunch.
                            Last edited by The_Devin_G; 20-03-2013, 11:17 AM.
                            Originally posted by ADowbs
                            Because racechariot.
                            Originally posted by ADowbs
                            I genuinely don't think I'm that amusing, but if you guys enjoy the random shit I spew, I'm more than happy to keep on spewin'

Comment

Great episode, I really need to do this to my truck one day so I don't have to lean across to open the passenger window anymore.

Also, mad props to Marty and Moog for doing the proposal thing in a comical but still serious-enough way. Very classy guys. I hope there's a reaction video for us to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                                Great episode, I really need to do this to my truck one day so I don't have to lean across to open the passenger window anymore.

Also, mad props to Marty and Moog for doing the proposal thing in a comical but still serious-enough way. Very classy guys. I hope there's a reaction video for us to see.
                                There is a reaction video for you to see.
                                1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
                                1997 w202 Mercedes Benz C180 <-Mummy's car
                                ... Cars, Music, Photography, that's the life
                                - P Plater

Comment

Working...
                                X