Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Window Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    Great episode, I really need to do this to my truck one day so I don't have to lean across to open the passenger window anymore.

Also, mad props to Marty and Moog for doing the proposal thing in a comical but still serious-enough way. Very classy guys. I hope there's a reaction video for us to see.

You hafta lean over the seat to unroll the windows too?! AWESOME, someone else with that level of awesomeness.

+1 on the proposal and reaction video to it.
    Originally posted by ADowbs
    Because racechariot.
    I genuinely don't think I'm that amusing, but if you guys enjoy the random shit I spew, I'm more than happy to keep on spewin'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Devin_G View Post
      \/ \/ \/ - See these replies below.... \/ \/ \/ \/

No offense dude, but you are not a true MCM fan until you know every MCM video by heart, the first one especially.
      I swear you better not ask what car it was on.... Lol, just kidding.

- Moog is on this thread like flies on a dropped lunch.
      Heh my apologies, haven't had the time to watch every single episode since I stumbled across MCM (nor did I watch them in order, woops). Did a quick search for "lock" on your channel and didn't come up with anything, I'll have a look though. Thanks.

Edit: I lied I did watch this...don't chop my head off
      Last edited by Rack; 20-03-2013, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrinsx View Post
        Is there a way to power up a wind-up sunroof? It gets pretty annoying sometimes :/
        I reckon the electric winder things they used could work just with an up or down button like they have with them if they're enough room in your roof for the electric thingy
        Originally posted by Dump
        If she blocks you on FB that means she wants your penis.
        Originally posted by krayziemike001
        While you're at it you may aswell ring up the grim reaper and make a reservation.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't remember the last car I owned that had manual window cranks. I'm awesome that way I guess.
          Originally posted by [email protected]
          You don't have to go all out to make american cars decent, you just need to be a decent driver.
          Originally posted by MrSheep
          Girls are a crazy bunch, mostly. I swear the factory they're made in has some pretty piss poor Quality Control.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            Great episode, I really need to do this to my truck one day so I don't have to lean across to open the passenger window anymore.

Also, mad props to Marty and Moog for doing the proposal thing in a comical but still serious-enough way. Very classy guys. I hope there's a reaction video for us to see.
            Here it is!

MCM MAGAZINE ISSUE 5 OUT NOW. Have you got a copy yet? Mighty Car Mods Magazine

Comment

I have to admit.....that was a good one.

Comment

Bravo!!!!!
                Originally posted by [email protected]
                You don't have to go all out to make american cars decent, you just need to be a decent driver.
                Originally posted by MrSheep
                Girls are a crazy bunch, mostly. I swear the factory they're made in has some pretty piss poor Quality Control.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack View Post
                  Heh my apologies, haven't had the time to watch every single episode since I stumbled across MCM (nor did I watch them in order, woops). Did a quick search for "lock" on your channel and didn't come up with anything, I'll have a look though. Thanks.

Edit: I lied I did watch this...don't chop my head off
                  *Pulls out hatchet....*
                  Hahah, nah I was just making a joke earlier, haha.

Congrats dude, - - - - - - wait . . .
                  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. This means a teaser video right?!?!?!
                  Last edited by The_Devin_G; 20-03-2013, 02:31 PM.
                  Because racechariot.
                  I genuinely don't think I'm that amusing, but if you guys enjoy the random shit I spew, I'm more than happy to keep on spewin'

Comment

Great video guys, definitely going to this to my wagon this year

Comment

Originally posted by skappascrap View Post
                      Great video guys, definitely going to this to my wagon this year
                      What you're going to propose to your wagon. would love to see a video of that.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
                        The way you guys mounted the windows are bad! They can cause crushed spines upon impact! GOD RABBLE RABBLE

/sarcasm influenced by 180SX episode.

Nice episode.
                        Was interested in something like this, actually, for a future car. Good to know that it's not extremely difficult to do.

Cheers MOOG/Marty.
                        hahaha, that was me who made that thread
                        canada eh?

cool story bro.

hold your steering loosely to avoid tank slappers.

Comment

Great episode, I was a little unsure from looking at pics of the kits how they work but this answered all the questions quite well.

Comment

this vid is going to help me out alot!! thanks!

Comment

if you run a rag(or any cloth, get something tough) around the window handle pivot, it will catch the clip, and unhook it... that way u dont run the risk of damaging the door panel nor breaking the handle...
                              Vincent_
                              10' Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T

Comment

Originally posted by Jarlipyan View Post
                                if you run a rag(or any cloth, get something tough) around the window handle pivot, it will catch the clip, and unhook it... that way u dont run the risk of damaging the door panel nor breaking the handle...
                                Milk already mentioned that about the Jesus Clip

Originally posted by milkchicken View Post
                                Haven't read the tread so not sure if anyone has given this tip but here goes...

A easy way to remove the Jesus clip, the clip that holds the window winder on (wanna know why its called that? Because when it comes off and flys across the floor you yell Jesus......... ), is to get a rag and run it between the door trim and the handle and then move it back and forward until you lever the clip off. Normally the base of the clip is located on the oposite side to the winder lever bit... So then you can get to it easier, but this isn't always the case.

Best part about using a rag? you don't scratch the trim AND you also don't loose the clip as it gets stuck to it while removing it..
                                1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
                                1997 w202 Mercedes Benz C180 <-Mummy's car
                                ... Cars, Music, Photography, that's the life
                                - P Plater

Comment

Working...
                                X