Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

re trimming seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re trimming seats

Hi all .. i'm looking at some new seats but having trouble getting rails. So i'm thinking of getting my stock seats modded with more side support and getting them re covered in black.

The reason is cost. By the time I get seats, rails ( if I can find some ) and then a mod plate and all the extra stuff it's going to be around $800 - $1000 for a basic set of seats with some side support.

I have seen it before where people cut the foam out of the seat bottom so you sit lower but I really need some side support , i'm starting to wreck my door from hanging on and being such a small car there is no room for the passenger to fling around

So has any one got there seat re trimmed with more side support and how much will it roughly cost. I know you need a mod plate for aftermarket seats and rails and i'm unsure if I could still drive it on my P's so i'm thinking that making the stock ones more supportive would be cheaper and easier.

thanks

It will cost you in the range of 1,000-2,000 to get a seat re-trimmed as well as getting more side support. Its not cheap to do as you will need new material for the seats, new foam, as well as the time it will take for the guy to shape the seats for you, since you can't just buy an off the shelf foam that does what you want, it needs to be custom made to fit your seat base and back.

A lot of time and a lot of money, you're just better buying aftermarket seats for it.
    Jay
    GTAusMotive

2008 Honda Civic Type R, Honda Accord Euro CL9
    1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

Comment

can you drive with a mod plate on your p's though ? I will get quotes tomorrow

Comment

I don't know I don't live in Queensland. I've gotten many quotes for re-trimming seats, its not cheap at all especially when they have to make it all from scratch. You will be without seats for a while as well, meaning you can't move the car easy.
        Jay
        GTAusMotive

2008 Honda Civic Type R, Honda Accord Euro CL9
        1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

Comment

Working...
        X