Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Change Your Steering Wheel SE03EP16 Episode LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Change Your Steering Wheel SE03EP16 Episode LIVE

We have been asked to make this video literally hundreds of times so we've finally done it. It's a very simple, and cheap mod.

Make sure you check with your local authority/insurance to see if this is allowed in your state or territory.

If you have an airbag wheel, it requires a different, and more detailed process.

Changing the steering wheel on Airbag cars is messing with the safety systems of your car, and you do so at your own risk. On a street car with factory airbag we wouldn't recommend changing it.

When removing an airbag equipped wheel the airbag system needs to be discharged, which involves disconnecting the battery to ensure there is no risk of the wheel bag being triggered.

Another option is to crossgraade your steering wheel to one from the same make and model of car that has a higher trim spec, if the Airbag system is the same then they will be compatible. Both of these methods should be performed by a professional

Feel free to post up questions and comments/tips here to create a resource for others searching in the future.
    Last edited by MOOG; 20-10-2011, 01:04 PM.
    MCM MAGAZINE ISSUE 5 OUT NOW. Have you got a copy yet? Mighty Car Mods Magazine

hopefully this will stop people from smashing themselves in the face when they try to rip the old wheel off :-P

Comment

FIRST lol Another great video guys hows that steering wheel holding up? For 20 dollars I wouldnt expect much but honestly idk?

DAMNIT...
      Check out my website!!! www.falkatasports.com

Check out my Youtube Channel!!!

Originally posted by MOOG
      This is great! Really like this idea! Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by spqr-king View Post
        FIRST lol Another great video guys hows that steering wheel holding up? For 20 dollars I wouldnt expect much but honestly idk?

DAMNIT...
        Haha snooze you lose!!

Another good laugh whilst being bored at work!!
        Last edited by Rising Son; 20-10-2011, 11:08 AM.
        ライジング息子
        sigpic
        知識は力です - LEON

My STI

My Old Wagon & Evo IV

Check My T-Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by spqr-king View Post

DAMNIT...
          Holding up really well actually. We hammered it around a track for hours and it was perfect! Can't complain for the money!
          MCM MAGAZINE ISSUE 5 OUT NOW. Have you got a copy yet? Mighty Car Mods Magazine

Comment

Aftermarket steering wheels are pretty sturdy at good prices. The drifters I know don't spend hundreds of dollars on them, maybe $50 and they'll last a season atleast with constant hammering around the track.

Another good video guys, keep it up.

Comment

I liked the part when Rake liked it.

Some kind of weird jdm stuff going on with flurpy juice and flurpy finding marty, in the night...
              sigpic
              My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
              Click here for the MCM Shop
              Have you seen the MCM WIKI page? If not, click here!
              "Limit's, like fears are often an illusion"
              -Michael Jordan

Comment

Rake likes this

Another good video guys, can't wait to see more from the little Civic.
                Jay
                GTAusMotive

2008 Honda Civic Type R, Honda Accord Euro CL9
                1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

Comment

love this car very similar to mine, great video. Also thanks for the ideas lol

Comment

where will the write up for steering wheels with airbags be?
                    http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/a...100_1664-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by the jank View Post
                      where will the write up for steering wheels with airbags be?
                      It will be the same except with a defect notice at the end lol

Also good episode, I hope the damage isn't too bad from the break in so many more mods can be documented on that wonderful car.
                      Originally posted by MOOG
                      Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                      Originally posted by Jenga
                      You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

I haven't watched it yet but the rumour is that I love it

Comment

For $20 that was a suprisingly comfortable wheel.
                          Great video, keep up the good work.
                          And rake loves it.
                          Qualified to do stuff!

Comment

just dont do what this guy does !

love the video!
                            sigpic

Comment

awesome vid guys, great mod that ill be using when i get my first car soon
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X