Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MCM Honda Civic Build Video is Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MCM Honda Civic Build Video is Live

as usual its been tons of time/effort/editing etc but we got this one done and are very proud of it

it's also a little different way of presenting an MCM video but should give some insight into how much goes into a car, even one thats done in this "style"

<<SPOILERS - DONT READ COMMENTS BELOW BEFORE WATCHING MOVIE>>
    Last edited by MOOG; 04-11-2011, 12:16 AM.
    Love MCM? Want to help support the show? Check out the MCM Shop and get some maaaad DVD's, stickers, shirts or Magazine...

FIFTY MINUTES HELL YES.

I love long episodes, thanks guys.

Comment

Hoping the second build video will be the same style. As I said on youtube, its amazing seeing everything that gets cut out, and would be awesome to see more of it.

Excellent work guys, can't wait to see the next one!

Comment

Yayayayayayayayayayayayay
        sigpic
        Originally posted by MOOG
        RS Liberty is an option but they are old and shit.
        Originally posted by TomBrulinski
        mate, have you seen it? hahaha I bet $1000 the half cut is going on the 180sx.

Comment

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddd!

Comment

Another great video. A huge amount of time and effort went into this, and it shows. Thanks guys. Keep it up!!

Comment

So by now if you've seen the movie then...

(actually scroll down just in case - dont scroll down if you haven't seen the video)

keep going

and keep going

and there....

So as explained in the video we wanted to try and do TRDLZR again but actually make a car that looks "good" using cheap eBay parts. We also had received so many emails (literally hundreds) from people asking about fake brake callipers, and (well I won't spoil is but 95% of the stuff you'll see in Part 2) and we knew that we'd never do this kind of stuff to our own cars so why not dedicate a whole car to mods that would never usually make their way onto MCM and that way try and relieve some of the people who have been asking us about fake mods for so long.

We were mindful of probably disappointing some people who thought we had turbo'd the civic (sorry guys!) but we've done the turbo > N/A thing before and neither of are that into the Honda scene to really be that excited about working on one seriously. Well at least thats how we started but since driving the thing we've been talking about stripping one out and turning it into a proper track car at some stage. We bought the Civic as a very tongue and cheek statement, but now we've had some time with it, many other things aside, they handle like they're on rails! Very impressive.

Stylistically this is a radically different post production approach to our usual style. We have a lot of film makers and media students who follow the show and we also get a lot of emails from them asking about shot ratios and how we come up with ideas and how they are edited down. We also get a lot of interest from people wanting to see "behind the scenes" so we thought lets make this one more like reality TV and show all the stuff that usually gets cut.

Lastly, congrats to all the people who worked this out already - The astute ones among you saw all the clues that we placed in in the reveal video so congratz to everyone who worked it out, and good work on not going public and keeping to PM's and emails instead.

I'm very excited about Part2 which is where the real cray stuff starts to go down and heaps of the mods of this forum turned up to help.

Thanks for your support guys and for being open to something a little different from MCM HQ!
              MCM MAGAZINE ISSUE 5 OUT NOW. Have you got a copy yet? Mighty Car Mods Magazine

Comment

Awesome video guys! Love the raw footage, your both hilarious to watch! Love how you put this civic together on such a low budget, loving the fake seats lol cant wait to see the next episode Its also funny that you guys after driving it are now considering stripping one out and making a serious version, they have great parts, easy to work on, huge after market support and amazing power to weight ratios I think you guys may catch the bug to mod one seriously one day.
                Last edited by CAN_GSR; 04-11-2011, 12:31 AM.
                Official Honda Ninja
                Built Not Bought

Comment

Really enjoyed the raw footage, keeping it real.

I had my suspicions that it was done a little dodgy, hopefully one day you will properly mod a civic but it is in true MCM fashion. As for those wheels, you said they were cool back in the 90's.... Chromies were the cool thing to do not even a few years ago from memory, spinners being the ultimate level of chromeness that you could do to your pimped out car. Seriously bad though. Funnily, I know of people that still think massive chrome rims are the coolest thing ever. Loved the fake Brembo covers, I saw a car with them once - until you actually look closely they really do look like Brembo brakes.
                  Last edited by TSG; 04-11-2011, 12:47 AM.
                  Bi-Winning

Comment

SPOILER

After watching the reveal video on my phone at like 240p i thougt it was all real lolololololololololol
                    sigpic
                    RS Liberty is an option but they are old and shit.
                    Originally posted by TomBrulinski
                    mate, have you seen it? hahaha I bet $1000 the half cut is going on the 180sx.

Comment

It's quite a good change seeing an episode in a more open fly on the wall style, your adventures are interesting and entertaining even without slick production and editing. Hopefully it'll also remind some of the people who complain there isn't a new episode every week the amount of time and work that goes into it.
                      Originally posted by Ron
                      ARE YOU ALLOW TO PUT NEON LIGHT IN SIDE THE CAR LIKE BRIAN SKYLINE IN 2 FAST 2 furious

Metal owns all others and that is all!

Daily - 1991 Corolla SX
                      Project - 1988 N13 Pulsar SVD 18LE Turbo

Comment

the 50 min videos are way better great work
                        if it aint jap it cant bap

Comment

Looks good. Can't wait for part 2
                          Also, we had a ballast for a florescent light go bad at work and it started burning the stuff they use in the electrical components. Smelled soooo bad. Is that what happened with the amp? Smells like garbage but much sharper with a little bit of month old moldy refrigerator food (that is the only way I can think of to describe it)
                          Last edited by FortKid; 04-11-2011, 01:32 AM.
                          Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                          Originally posted by Jenga
                          You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Originally posted by WildZero View Post
                            It's quite a good change seeing an episode in a more open fly on the wall style, your adventures are interesting and entertaining even without slick production and editing. Hopefully it'll also remind some of the people who complain there isn't a new episode every week the amount of time and work that goes into it.
                            Thanks a lot WildZero. Really glad you appreciate what goes into it. Its mean 6 months of consistent, solid work to create this car and the two videos to go with it.

Thanks again.

2:39am now time for bed...
                            MCM MAGAZINE ISSUE 5 OUT NOW. Have you got a copy yet? Mighty Car Mods Magazine

Comment

Look on the bright side. Someone broke into that car and tried to steal it because they saw brembos and a front mount. Little did they know it was all fake parts. Just goes to show what a great job the MCM crew did making it look like the real deal. Still sucks about the car being vandalized but I suppose it could have been worse have it been real parts on the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X