Hydrogen is maaaaddd!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrogen is maaaaddd!

I'm going to make a hydrogen generator that goes into the intake. Anyone have any suggestions or comments respond.

Question. Why?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingtube69 View Post
      Question. Why?
      whats the advantage ? never heard of hydrogen intake

Comment

Originally posted by preston View Post
        I'm going to make a hydrogen generator that goes into the intake. Anyone have any suggestions or comments respond.
        The laws of thermodynamics say this won't work. No matter how much hydrogen you "generate" you will get less energy burning it than you took to make it so overall it will lower efficiency.

Overall from intake to alternator your engine will be ~10% efficient at converting fuel to the electricity needed to make hydrogen. And then burning it it is less than %30 efficient. So instead of letting the fuel go out at %30 efficient and drive the wheels you are making it <%3 efficient. That is a step backwards not forwards.
        Last edited by FortKid; 19-12-2011, 01:25 PM.
        Originally posted by MOOG
        Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
        Originally posted by Jenga
        You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Originally posted by FortKid View Post
          The laws of thermodynamics say this won't work. No matter how much hydrogen you "generate" you will get less energy burning it than you took to make it so overall it will lower efficiency.

Overall from intake to alternator your engine will be ~10&#37; efficient at converting fuel to the electricity needed to make hydrogen. And then burning it it is less than %30 efficient. So instead of letting the fuel go out at %30 efficient and drive the wheels you are making it <%3 efficient. That is a step backwards not forwards.
          You've been engineer'ed . Also, hydrogen has a very high combustion energy output. You'd be lucky to be alive if a free stream of H exploded from the engine heat
          http://codegen.tumblr.com

My Honda Integra Type R

I smoked your V8 and you called me a cheater? You're just mad you can't catch a 2 litre.

Originally posted by milkchicken
          Drive like everyone else out there is out to kill you

Comment

Applying electricity to thin plates in water with an electrolyte separates the oxygen and hydrogen. putting this into intake will create a much cleaner burn. Resulting in fewer emissions better fuel economy and more power. Think about a nuclear bomb, there is alot of energy in atoms, the hard part is figuring out how to harness it.

Comment

Originally posted by YTERBIL URABUS View Post
              whats the advantage ? never heard of hydrogen intake
              Applying electricity to thin plates in water with an electrolyte separates the oxygen and hydrogen. putting this into intake will create a much cleaner burn. Resulting in fewer emissions better fuel economy and more power. Think about a nuclear bomb, there is alot of energy in atoms, the hard part is figuring out how to harness it.

Comment

Originally posted by Banana_booster View Post
                You've been engineer'ed . Also, hydrogen has a very high combustion energy output. You'd be lucky to be alive if a free stream of H exploded from the engine heat
                I'm not making energy i'm just making it usable, which doesn't require much energy.

Comment

I believe this will explain it. Just so you know that is not how hydrogen power works. There is no nuclear reaction. There is no free lunch in physics.
                  You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

I'm saying there is energy in all matter, including the hydrogen and oxygen in water.

Comment

unless you have a hydrogen bomb or are in the center of the sun you won't "release" said energy.

Comment

Originally posted by FortKid View Post
                        unless you have a hydrogen bomb or are in the center of the sun you won't "release" said energy.
                        Are you saying i cant turn water into hydrogen and oxygen? If so check out this

Comment

I'm sorry, but I really don't see the point in any of this conversation. Nice idea/theory, but just... no. It doesn't work like that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Wondering what happened to the Mighty Mira? Check out the (mostly completed) build Here

Next up: Project Vevo - The Van Evo
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by preston View Post
                            Are you saying i cant turn water into hydrogen and oxygen? If so check out this
                            You can split water, but it takes more energy to do it than you get out from burning it. If you want the real truth about the idea check this out.

Comment

The only way to get any substsantial energy from hydrogen is through fusion...good luck with bulding a fusion reactor in your car
                              Originally posted by fitridebmx
                              break it off and put it back on with zip ties
                              So we don't have to remove our A-holes anymore? Where's the fun in that

Comment

Working...
                              X