Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mighty Car Mods THE MAGAZINE - OUT NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading now.
    Dubbed by Moog: "The Bible of Cars", has spoken | MCM RPS Finalist

Comment

Also I know it's not the focus and just the first issue, but a couple more ride creature features in the coming issues would be nice too .
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Crazy2287
      Stephen, Are you stalking me?

Comment

Agreed on familiar structure, though this will probably come with regular exposure to the format (ie IRONGAV will always be the last article)

Will feature more cars as we find our footing and decide how much time to dedicate to the mag.

Any feedback or ideas for other sections are welcome. Cheers gang.
        MCM MAGAZINE ISSUE 5 OUT NOW. Have you got a copy yet? Mighty Car Mods Magazine

Comment

Downloaded the mag. I have devoured much of it already. The mix of stories and features is fantastic, and none of the articles I've read so far have been boring. Maus' photography is sensational, too.

About the only minor gripe I have, and I am aware this was produced as a labour of love by a small team of hardcore fans and others close to MCM, is that you really need to find someone just as passionate as the rest of the MCM crew to lend a hand with sub-editing. I lost count of the sub-editing issues, such as names not being capitalised, inconsistencies in tense, incorrect use of words e.g. "your" instead of "you're". That said, it isn't enough to detract from the content and the general flow of the writing, both of which are excellent. I also understand that after slaving over a document for many hours, the last thing one wants to do is spend another 20 minutes proofreading.

Notwithstanding that nit that I just picked, Issue #1 of MCM The Magazine is well worth the $1.99. You deserve to sell them by the thousands.
          Last edited by Tone; 20-01-2012, 07:22 PM.
          R.I.P. Saab Automobile 1947-2011

Comment

It's not worth the hassle for me to deal with paypal just for $2 lol. Since this is all online would you be able to keep selling back issues so in a couple of months when im 18 for e.g. ill be able to buy the 3 issues that are out? (assuming it's a monthly magazine and is still going then)
            My N15 SSS Pulsar

Comment

Good read, I found a few spelling mistakes and words around the wrong way though D:

People have suggested for a members ride spotlight video, how about a section for members to write up about their car and take the best shots they can, if you guys like it possibly get them in, or do a conference call with them about it and do a spotlight in the mag. If they are close to you, you could help them out with some pics if the ones they took aren't amazing.

Originally posted by brent012 View Post
              It's not worth the hassle for me to deal with paypal just for $2 lol. Since this is all online would you be able to keep selling back issues so in a couple of months when im 18 for e.g. ill be able to buy the 3 issues that are out? (assuming it's a monthly magazine and is still going then)
              You don't have your own bank account? Just link it to your paypal, you don't need a credit/debit card for it.
              Last edited by Skilltrain; 20-01-2012, 07:23 PM.
              Derp.

Comment

Originally posted by Skilltrain View Post
                You don't have your own bank account? Just link it to your paypal, you don't need a credit/debit card for it.
                I have a bank account but my parents didn't enable internet or phone banking so it would be complex as id have to go back and forth to the bank to link it to paypal. My debit card can't be used online because it doesnt have a cvv code. Plus in addition to all that i'd have to put a fake date of birth down. I do have prepaid visas so maybe i can just make a temporary paypal using a secondary email and use them.

Besides that, i think they should keep back issues for sale for people who learn about the magazine or MCM in general after a few months.
                My N15 SSS Pulsar

Comment

I'd have to agree with keeping a few, if not all for sale. I'm 18 in a month and a bit, and if there's a few issues up I'll buy them all for sure. It also keeps more funds going to MCM to keep the show going (new viewers finding the show, going back and buying previous issues of the magazine).

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys. Keep them coming!

There's no worry about availability. Back issues will always be available.
                    My Facebook page - My YouTube channel - mauswerkz on Twitter
                    The mauswerkz 300zx EV build thread.
                    My 1992 BMW 318is Coupe, soon to be battery powered. Technical progress in this thread.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skilltrain View Post
                      Good read, I found a few spelling mistakes and words around the wrong way though D:

People have suggested for a members ride spotlight video, how about a section for members to write up about their car and take the best shots they can, if you guys like it possibly get them in, or do a conference call with them about it and do a spotlight in the mag. If they are close to you, you could help them out with some pics if the ones they took aren't amazing.
                      I like this idea, but rather than putting an article on a few members ride's it would be cool if people could just send in pics, you guys pick the best and on the last few pages( 3 or so, i guess) just have a bunch of pictures of members rides.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by MOOG
                      RS Liberty is an option but they are old and shit.
                      Originally posted by TomBrulinski
                      mate, have you seen it? hahaha I bet $1000 the half cut is going on the 180sx.

Comment

Its great. Been reading it
                        sigpic

BY NDH 795

Comment

Best $2 i've spent for more than an hour of entertainment for years ......... Keep up the awesome work guys!

Comment

Also of the $2 how much is MCM getting? I'd imagine paypal transfer cuts would eat into a bit. Maybe in future when/if the magazine is being produced regularly and theres interest in it a subscription type deal could be made? A slight discount (maybe 10% or so) over buying each one seperately, but less profit being eaten into as well as more funds available straight up for MCM.
                            My N15 SSS Pulsar

Comment

Just skimmed through it real fast and I noticed my little Yellow Roadster made page 20. Gonna read everything as soon as I put the kid to bed, but from what I saw it looks like some great content and tips. I highly recommend downloading this magazine, and you cant beat the price, I pay more then 2 bucks for a can of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
                                I pay more then 2 bucks for a can of coffee.
                                So Japanese :P

Excited to read this myself. From the posts it sounds like an excellent read.

Comment

Working...
                                X