Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need car help in Denver, Colorado! or USA in general!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need car help in Denver, Colorado! or USA in general!

Hi Guys, I haven't been on here in many, many years!

I know this is a weird thread but I couldn't think of anywhere else that would be more helpful than these forums!!

My girlfriend and I are Aussies and we're flying to the USA on April 9th, flying into Denver Colorado!

Our plan is to road trip around the states, now we don't want to rent a car because thats expensive as shit! So we're going to buy!

Now this is where I need your help, what is the best way to buy a car in the states? What sites? What cheap cars over there are known as reliable? We're only travelling for about 2months and preferably would love a van or stationwagon so we can sleep in the back.

Any hints or tips would be great!!

Cheers,
    Buster
    My 1994 Pulsar on MightyCarMods Forum

My 1994 Gunmetal Silver N14 SSS Intro and Build on PGA

sigpic

Congrats on your trip to the USA!!

What is your budget if you don't mind me asking? If you want help looking let me know. I am not in Denver, I am in Michigan which is like 18 hours away, BUT i love looking around for cars for sale.

A great site is craigslist. Link below is for the Denver cars for sale section.

Comment

Originally posted by MotoSC View Post
      Congrats on your trip to the USA!!

What is your budget if you don't mind me asking? If you want help looking let me know. I am not in Denver, I am in Michigan which is like 18 hours away, BUT i love looking around for cars for sale.

A great site is craigslist. Link below is for the Denver cars for sale section.
      Hey man,

Cheers for the heads up, craigslist is sort've where I was going to start!

Oh cool, I lived in Michigan for 3 months 2 years ago, in Lapeer county.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BMSSS View Post

Hey man,

Cheers for the heads up, craigslist is sort've where I was going to start!

Oh cool, I lived in Michigan for 3 months 2 years ago, in Lapeer county.
        That is really cool! I live very close the that area!

Comment

You could always do a version of Lend Me Your Car like the fellas did when they went out to Ayers Rock.

I too lived in Michigan. I was in the Utica/Romeo and Anchorville areas.
          https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...om-los-angeles

Comment

I'm a bit late but that sounds like an awesome holiday! Always liked the idea of going away and buying a car instead of renting, but fear I'd get too attached to it and then end up paying
            They say a dog is a man's best friend, but I don't even have enemies that would look me dead in the eye while sh*tting on my floor...

Comment

** a fortune to import the car back home
              They say a dog is a man's best friend, but I don't even have enemies that would look me dead in the eye while sh*tting on my floor...

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Truck View Post
                You could always do a version of Lend Me Your Car like the fellas did when they went out to Ayers Rock.

I too lived in Michigan. I was in the Utica/Romeo and Anchorville areas.
                Hey if anyone wants to lend me car to drive across the states and back I'm down with that hahaha!

Nice, I was in the Lapeer county, Metamora and over in Grand Rapids a lot!

Yea, hopefully I don't love it too much, (doubt that though ahhaah)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X