Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone enjoy smashing spammers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone enjoy smashing spammers?

Hey guys, as with most forums they've quietened down as the social medias have taken over but we'd like to keep this here as long as possible despite the expense of hosting bills. There's the obvious spam problem, not expecting anyone to do a full time job here but if you're here anyway and don't mind banning the odd spammer reply here and we can look at giving a few of you some fancy permissions.
    Love MCM? Want to help support the show? Check out the MCM Shop and get some maaaad DVD's, stickers, shirts or Magazine...

ill have a crack at it.

i dont really post much anymore but i open the forums every day

Comment

Finally. Dude Yes Martin. I will kill them all. I mean. Ban... Totally mean ban... =D
      Permanent rev limiter = the crank popping out to say ELLO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marty View Post
        Hey guys, ... There's the obvious spam problem

I would love to help!!! I'm a forum enthusiast and would like to see these forums continue to provide a place for MCM fans and fellow car folks to meet and make posts. I feel that by helping clean the spam up it would be my way of giving back to the MCM community. I can provide references of my previous moderating experiences. PM me please.

1991 Bronco Eddie Bauer ~ 351w EFI 5.8 (5752cc) ~ E4OD ~ BW1356 (Manual) ~ Manual Hub{s} ~ 265/75 r15

http://i.imgur.com/ab0M4uq.png

Comment

Hey you're on it! Sign me up.

Comment

I totally forgot this post was here, I couldn't reply when I first spotted it!

I'd have a go, I've done this plenty on other forums using vB.

Thanks, Martin
            I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Matin.... It's a new year. Where are you?

Comment

we gunna do this thing or no? If new Mods have been selected then a intro would be nice so we know who they are.
                1991 Bronco Eddie Bauer ~ 351w EFI 5.8 (5752cc) ~ E4OD ~ BW1356 (Manual) ~ Manual Hub{s} ~ 265/75 r15

http://i.imgur.com/ab0M4uq.png

Comment

I was hopeing this would be solved by now... I was real busy filming last month.... For real...

Comment

so after your not happy post do you think its reasonable to now make you a mod?
                    Love MCM? Want to help support the show? Check out the MCM Shop and get some maaaad DVD's, stickers, shirts or Magazine...

Comment

Marty don't get me wrong, but you asked if anyone wants to help beat the spammers in december. We're 4 months further along now, the spamming seems to have stopped, but are there any extra moderators now?

Also, if you're asking for moderators on the forum, which is a lot of people from all around the world, but in the 'i'm back and not happy thread' you said you'll only make someone a mod if you know them personally, then what was the point of asking this question here? (this would be solved if you do a Nurburgring MCM event so I can meet you, just sayin' )

Don't get me wrong, I understand you guys are busy with your day job, MCM, meets, events, filming, editing, whatever it is you do. But the forum feels kinda forgotten. For example, I still am not able to post a reply to any thread in the Build Thread section, to encourage those people to keep going instead of them thinking "oh, nobody is reading this or responding to my last post, so I'll just stop"

Comment

Hmm I wasn't sure what was going on until I did a search.

To me, that post isn't worded very well at all. If someone made a post aimed at me, worded like that, they'd get a temp ban! It just looks like a power grab, someone having a cry because they didn't get a response from Marty. To even suggest making another forum... well... I've been there and seen that. It just simply doesn't work, you end up splitting people who end up joining both forums anyway, activity on both forums then reduce and they both have to close due to lack of traffic. I've watched stats go from hundreds of posts a day to a few posts a month! that was a decline over a period of about 6 months despite being stable for a number of years before the decline.

People can be busy for that long, I recently went back on a Peugeot forum to update a blog to find my last login date was in 2015! Everyone was all happy when I posted hahah!

There needs to be a drive to get people onto forums, there's literally hundreds of things Facebook can't do that a forum can. For example, could maybe mention the forums in a Unicorn Circuit EP- might start some MyTown/Crap Car threads etc. Just small things that'll encourage people to start using Forums again. Up hill is always a struggle. I think a lot of the momentum was lost when all the data was erased.

Sometimes it can be difficult to grasp what someone is like without meeting them in real life, you wouldn't let someone from the internet drive your favourite car.

Project Diesel Tune:

Martin's Kei to success

Comment

I dont let anyone drive my car unless I'm in the passenger seat, so yeah.

Comment

hmm, well, whats going to happen now?
                            because im in the boat full of confusion,

Comment

Originally posted by kin37ik View Post
                              hmm, well, whats going to happen now?
                              because im in the boat full of confusion,
                              You replied to the said thread in question

See link below if you're not sure.
                              Look guys.... I think this forum has a dead head. Any mods are not here and Marty for whatever reason didn't keep his promise or if he did the new mod isnt

Project Diesel Tune:

Martin's Kei to success

Comment

Working...
                              X