Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech ECU Bridgestone Tyres DW Fuel Systems

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shift knob without pattern defectable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift knob without pattern defectable?

So apparently you can get a defect notice for a shift knob without a pattern in VIC. Anyone know if any other states have this stupid rule? I feel like not having a shift pattern is a form of anti theft device haha.

Well, from what I've read on this forum so far VIC has a lot of those weird rules. Most cars have the same shift pattern apart from where reverse is. There's only a handfull of exotics that have first gear on the spot for second gear.

Comment

NSW have the same rule

Comment

I really don't understand why you would make that a law. It doesn't do anything for road safety assuming the person driving the car is used to driving it without the shift pattern on the shifter.

Comment

In NSW you either need it on the knob or on a sticker to the side of the shifter. Pretty freaking stupid. Same kinda deal as it being illegal to have your arm out the window. The cop has to be in a very bad mood to do you for that. Normally because you fail the attitude test.
          Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
          Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
          Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

Comment

I'd say it would have to be down to someone needing to move the car in an emergency and reverse is in some funky location (right-down, right-up, left-down, left-up, and then with or without a collar etc), but it is a pretty petty thing to get pulled up on. In saying that though, is a tiny sticker really such a pain?

Comment

Working...
            X